Belicheat at it again?

judman

That's one of my biggest issues--the inconsistency. How do you have games like Bills/Jets week 3 where the Bills had what like 9 or 10 penalties and the Jets 20, and a game where a team has 0 and the other has 2? Obviously, there will be some fluctuation based on how the teams are playing. Some games there will be more penalties occurring--but not fluctuations like we see. And for a team to have 0 penalties twice in a season is just a joke. We all know that Olines hold essentially every play, and the refs sometimes call it and they don't. All 22 and game rewind reveals the Pats are no different in this case. Yet...they have 2 games with no penalties. How many close losses against the Pats have we had with phantom calls negating big offensive gains for us and their oline mauling our dline and no flags? The NFL is quickly becoming unwatchable for me, and it's sad because I love football.

I'm not sure it's so odd. Better teams perform better and much of the better involves them not committing penalties. Especially so for a team that is so well coached as are the Pats under Belichick.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game was played in Texas, not Gillette.

I know that and acknowledged that!

What happens if they have a mobile device that steals the signal... They can take it anywhere... Maybe it takes a whole half to figure out what the channel is or something?

Look... I wouldn't put it past this organization, they were caught taping, they were accused of jamming and some strange other things... Also, there is the whole shut off after 15 seconds thing... They are on the tech... I wouldn't put it past them if they are some how figuring out how to grab the wireless...

This is the same organization that Kraft owns. He publically admitted to ripping off the Sullivan brothers in the form of theft of service. I know, I know... Yet, Kraft is on record (Forbes 2005) as saying he'd sneak more people into the games under a few season's ticket... Blow it off if you want... Once a crook, always a crook! I can't get that out of my craw! Sorry. Agree to disagree, the organization is all spin.

I'm not sure it's so odd. Better teams perform better and much of the better involves them not committing penalties. Especially so for a team that is so well coached as are the Pats under Belichick.

coaching is probably part, but...

despite the two penalty free games, they are about in line with a variety of non-league favorite teams too (miami has one less, indy tied with them, and minnesota flagged just one more time).

I know that and acknowledged that!

What happens if they have a mobile device that steals the signal... They can take it anywhere... Maybe it takes a whole half to figure out what the channel is or something?

its possible, but i dont think antonio smiths joke does anything to further that argument.

All spin... You can't escape what I just said above. The burden is on them and always will be. Their own is on record as being dishonest... Again, that is really stuck in my craw and always will be. We all do dishonest things @ times, nobody is perfect... These clowns get caught, admit past stuff and still people want them to look past it and believe what you want them to. Sorry, they made their bed, now deal w/it.

Absolutely don't buy that, at least not to the extent that is going on with NE. No team had had a game w 0 penalties in I believe 10 yrs before the Pats did it earlier this season. And now 2 times. Also, it's easier to be 'better' when you get away with as much as they do. Yes, they're well coached and disciplined, but what's going on with them and penalties is nothing short of criminal.

All spin... You can't escape what I just said above. The burden is on them and always will be. Their own is on record as being dishonest... Again, that is really stuck in my craw and always will be. We all do dishonest things @ times, nobody is perfect... These clowns get caught, admit past stuff and still people want them to look past it and believe what you want them to. Sorry, they made their bed, now deal w/it.

how exactly is the burden of proof that they must disprove allegation you just pulled out of thin air on them even remotely practical?

coaching is probably part, but...

despite the two penalty free games, they are about in line with a variety of non-league favorite teams too (miami has one less, indy tied with them, and minnesota flagged just one more time).

its possible, but i dont think antonio smiths joke does anything to further that argument.

Antonio Smith is under the gun to... They (League) got to him... Now confuse it all up. I don't blame for getting some sense...

Absolutely don't buy that, at least not to the extent that is going on with NE. No team had had a game w 0 penalties in I believe 10 yrs before the Pats did it earlier this season. And now 2 times. Also, it's easier to be 'better' when you get away with as much as they do. Yes, they're well coached and disciplined, but what's going on with them and penalties is nothing short of criminal.

the packers had zero penalties on them week 9 of this year.

how exactly is the burden of proof that they must disprove allegation you just pulled out of thin air on them even remotely practical?

They should be under extreme observation at all times for past offenses and comments. They do not get the same courtesy as other teams. Stop thinking they deserve that courtesy. They have been proven to cheat, now for the intergrity of the game they need to be held to a higher standard as criminals of The League.

saints san fran in the playoffs of 2011 comes to mind as well (3 penalties san fran, 0 saints)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=320114025

i recall that one as saints fans were furious about the officials on the whitner hit and the zero penalties being discussed as a counterpoint that the saints werent targeted by officials (im in the camp it was a legal hit by whitner anyway)

Edited by NoSaint

the packers had zero penalties on them week 9 of this year.

Packers have never been caught, fined, lost draft picks. Stop comparing. NE* is equal to no other team, they are held to a higher standard now as "convicted felons."

Maybe the NFL should use the N.Korean model and go "3 generations." ;-P ;-P

saints san fran in the playoffs of 2011 comes to mind as well (3 penalties san fran, 0 saints)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=320114025

Again, stop comparing teams w/the Pats* there is a higher burden on that crooked team from New England. End of story. Kraft and his team need to bend over backwards to prove they aren't crooks. They have less rights than other never been caught teams.

Would a bank give credit to a known deadbeat? Heck no! Or @ the best @ a huge interest rate! Same w/the Pats*. The League should give them a lower rating as known cheaters. Make them jump through more hoops, pay more money and earn that trust back!

They should be under extreme observation at all times for past offenses and comments. They do not get the same courtesy as other teams. Stop thinking they deserve that courtesy. They have been proven to cheat, now for the intergrity of the game they need to be held to a higher standard as criminals of The League.

They weren't proven to have cheated. The Pats were penalized because they disobeyed Godell's orders on where they were allowed to film the opposition.

Well, it seems that all allegations - real and imagined - are lumped together into 1 big, "they are guilty" stamp in the minds of many Pats haters everywhere.

They are still deadbeats that don't listen to orders... Hold the pukes to a higher standard now! Who's to say they are listening to orders now? Make them pay a "higher interest rate" than the other teams that are model League members!

Well, it seems that all allegations - real and imagined - are lumped together into 1 big, "they are guilty" stamp in the minds of many Pats haters everywhere.

YEP! The League destroying the evidence doesn't help!

Just like a deadbeat creditor... Now they gotta earn their good credit back! And it has been 7 years or so and they still still want AAA rating! LoL...

Gonna take time dudes... Perception... You know what they say about it!

Exiled, surely you don't think Belichick gives two sheeets about what the media or some fans on a Bills forum thinks about them? He could care less about what peoples perception is about his team. All he cares about is winning football games and, since the whole spygate episode, no team in the league has won more football games than have the Pats. If that doesn't prove to the detractors that the Pats can win without the help of sideline videotaping then .......... so be it I suppose.

Exiled, surely you don't think Belichick gives two sheeets about what the media or some fans on a Bills forum thinks about them? He could care less about what peoples perception is about his team. All he cares about is winning football games and, since the whole spygate episode, no team in the league has won more football games than have the Pats. If that doesn't prove to the detractors that the Pats can win without the help of sideline videotaping then .......... so be it I suppose.

And here is the reason he cheats! He just found some other way to cheat!

He cares about his legacy... Where is Judge Landis when we really need him!

If that doesn't prove to the detractors that the Pats can win without the help of sideline videotaping then .......... so be it I suppose.

If it didn't help them why did they do it?

Even Bill himself said they watched the tapes and what they could use from it, they used. They haven't won a SB since the spygate thing either. There are pretty strong allegations they were taping opposing teams practices in the SB winning years which is a violation of league rules. Again, tapes have been destroyed.

They weren't proven to have cheated. The Pats were penalized because they disobeyed Godell's orders on where they were allowed to film the opposition.

They knowingly broke the very clear rules in the NFL rules handbook. Belichek was also warned twice by the NFL to cease the illegal taping he was engaging in. And he didn't, obviously. Didn't care at all. Edited by ko12010