Thanksgiving wines

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Mother-in-law partial to reds, particularly Merlot. Most of the rest of us are more white wine folks although prefer not-so-dry.

Thoughts on some nice wines to try? I'll be wine shopping this evening...

PS - I'm leaning toward a Riesling for the white bottle.

Mother-in-law partial to reds, particularly Merlot. Most of the rest of us are more white wine folks although prefer not-so-dry.

I'm more of a Cab Sav kind of guy for reds. Not big on white wine but will certainly drink it if it's there. My mom, sister, and g/f all enjoy the Relax Riesling. Also, Apothic White seems to be a consensus pick for them as well.

I just picked up a couple bottles of Ghost Pines for tomorrow. It's a California red blend (can't remember the particular grapes) and wherever I bring it people rave. It's about $20 and well worth it. I'm no sommelier or even that knowledgeable about wines, but I think it's delicious. I found this...

Ghost Pines red blend draws from multiple winegrowing regions counties to create a wine as unique as the Ghost Pine itself. Composed of Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah, Zinfandel, Merlot, and Syrah this wine exhibits rich flavors of red and blue fruit framed by soft, round tannins with a long, complex finish.

Jay,

If you are looking for something to go with dinner, I would recommend a Sauvignon Blanc, especially if you are considering a Reisling. If you want to get a red, something lighter than a Merlot, like a Pinot Noir would be good as well.

Ghost Pines red blend draws from multiple winegrowing regions counties to create a wine as unique as the Ghost Pine itself. Composed of Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah, Zinfandel, Merlot, and Syrah this wine exhibits rich flavors of red and blue fruit framed by soft, round tannins with a long, complex finish.

This person should work for Hallmark Greeting cards!

My wine often comes in a box. LOL