Real Buffalos at The Ralph

oman128

Last summer I was in Buffalo and I took my 8 year old son to the Buffalo Zoo after we parked the car the first thing we saw were the majestic Bison standing along the back side of Delaware Park in their enclosure.

I've often thought that those bison should be brought to the Bills games on Sundays to greet the fans and see them up close.

Yes I realize there would need to be some special safety approved enclosure for the Bison to be viewed and that transportion of these bohemoth creatures does present a little bit of a problem.

I guess my first call would be to the University of Colorado and ask them how they transport Ralphie the Buffalo.

Whenever the Bills are on the nationally televised game the b-roll is shots of Niagara Falls, how bout 2 bison breathing heavily,snorting in the cold Buffalo frozen tundra.

Edited by oman128

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last summer I was in Buffalo and I took my 8 year old son to the Buffalo Zoo after we park the car the first thing we saw were the majestic Bison standing along the back side of Delaware Park in their enclosure.

I've often thought that those bison should be brought to the Bills games on Sundays to greet the fans and see them up close.

Yes I realize there would need to be some special safety approved enclosure for the Bison to be viewed and that transportion of these bohemoth creatures does present a little bit of a problem.

I guess my first call would be to the University of Colorado and ask them how they transport Ralphie the Buffalo.

Whenever the Bills are on the nationally televised game the b-roll is shots of Niagara Falls, how bout 2 bison breathing heavily,snorting in the cold Buffalo frozen tundra.

It's actually a great idea. Love it.

And as a penalty for the over-the-top belligerent fans, when ushered out of the stadium by security you are forced to endure five minutes in the cage with the Bison. This would clean up the game day experience for many.

And as a penalty for the over-the-top belligerent fans, when ushered out of the stadium by security you are forced to endure five minutes in the cage with the Bison. This would clean up the game day experience for many.

Just add wording to the ticket so when they purchase it, it's understood that you must endure the Bison for lewd behavior.

I am a zookeeper in Rochester. It would really have to be a female buffalo, as male hoofstock that is hand-raised tend to be a bit more dangerous. That being said, it wouldn't be too hard to find the right animal and raise it up to be ok with that type of crowd.

I see it as a win win people see the Buffaloes probably helps drive some ticket numbers to the Buffalo zoo.

I'm not sure running the Buffalo's on the field is a great idea just from a safety aspect unless of course you have the 6 or 8 trained Cowboys running alongside them, like they do in Colorado.

Just punch it in the nose and just mind your business and he won't bother you.

My brother went to UC Boulder. Ralphie (a real Buffalo) is their mascot. I love when they run him out! We need a Ralphie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e668mvKLmHU

That is a small buffalo. A very small buffalo. If they got a full sized buffalo, 10 men couldn't come close to leading it.

I am a zookeeper in Rochester. It would really have to be a female buffalo, as male hoofstock that is hand-raised tend to be a bit more dangerous. That being said, it wouldn't be too hard to find the right animal and raise it up to be ok with that type of crowd.

The biggest problem would be getting it to and from the game in a realistic and humane way. Those things like to move a lot and you won't convince them otherwise not to do it.

A guy out this way has them on his farm. Has about 200 acres. Every late morning they do about 20-30 laps at a jog around the entire fenceline perimeter.

Who is going to clean the buffalo crap off the field turf? Is Chuck Lester still employed by the team? Would this be considered "special projects"?

Crap on the field? Are you talking about the football team or what comes out of the bison's anus?

Edited by DDD