Bills' Remaining Schedule Not Lookin' So Easy Now

From the Bills remaining schedule, the teams are no longer losing consistently

:

Atlanta (@TO)

@ Tampa

@ Jacksonville

Miami

@ New England

• The Falcons played New Orleans tough on 11/21 and are always dangerous with Matty Ice and Tony Gonzales.
  • The Bucs crushed the Falcons 2 weeks ago and beat Detroit 24-21 on 11/24. 2-game win 'streak'!
  • The Jags beat the Texans 13-10. Who knows what wrong with the Texans, but the Jags also beat the Titans 29-27 on 11/10. Those wins sandwiched a loss to Ariz on 11/17.
  • Miami pulled a loss out of the fire yesterday against the Panthers who got hot after playing the Bills. Always tough, but this is the last home game!
  • New England has been up-&-down. The were blown out in the 1st half last night, and handled the Broncos in the 2nd half & won in OT. Kinda the way it was against us in the opener. We looked good against them early and then let Brady steal the win late. Up & down.

These game will test the Bills' mettle. They need to win them all. 8-8 will not earn a playoff berth. I could see them losing all of these.

However, if the offense can eliminate turnovers and the defense remains tough, we have an excellent chance to get to 9-7 and maybe end the playoff futility!

Edited by Never NEVER Give-up

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, if the offense can eliminate turnovers and the defense remains tough, we have an excellent chance to get to 9-7 and maybe end the playoff futility!

Lol. What are you smoking dude? We are 4-7 for a reason. There is absolutely nothing that should make anyone believe we can win three straight games, let alone five. I think 3-2 over the next five is the best we can reasonably hope for, but I expect we'll go 2-3 down the stretch (wins over Jax and Miami).

It's absurd to think any schedule for the Buffalo Bills would be "easy". Any road game in the NFL is especially tough. I guarantee those 5 teams and their fans have the Bills game circled as a "Win" or winnable game for their club. If the Bills even won 4 of their last 5 I'd be very happy.

So what happens between the AFC Championship and the Super Bowl that leaves us stuck at 12-7 for the season?

So what happens between the AFC Championship and the Super Bowl that leaves us stuck at 12-7 for the season?

The world will officially end before we get win our 1st Super Bowl , just our luck !

I'm not sure why anyone would believe that this team is going to end up 9-7. Let's be realistic. Out of the 7 losses, 3 came to teams with a losing record. Of the 4 wins, only the win against Carolina was really a quality win and there was only 1 road win. Now you're looking at 5 games remaining with essentially 4 on the road. The Falcons are a joke, no doubt and I wouldn't pick anyone to lose to the Jags. The single biggest problem that the Bills have is that right now it looks like the Patriots will be in the hunt for the #1 overall seed and homefield advantage for the playoffs. If by some Miracle the Bills are sitting at 8-7 going into week 16, they're going to have to go on the road and beat a Patriots team that could be motivated. Not an easy task. Just ask Peyton Manning.

I'm not sure why anyone would believe that this team is going to end up 9-7. Let's be realistic. Out of the 7 losses, 3 came to teams with a losing record. Of the 4 wins, only the win against Carolina was really a quality win and there was only 1 road win. Now you're looking at 5 games remaining with essentially 4 on the road. The Falcons are a joke, no doubt and I wouldn't pick anyone to lose to the Jags. The single biggest problem that the Bills have is that right now it looks like the Patriots will be in the hunt for the #1 overall seed and homefield advantage for the playoffs. If by some Miracle the Bills are sitting at 8-7 going into week 16, they're going to have to go on the road and beat a Patriots team that could be motivated. Not an easy task. Just ask Peyton Manning.

IF... The Bills make it to week 17 and are sitting at 8-7, what makes you think they won't be just as motivated to go into NE with the first real shot at the playoffs since 04???

From the Bills remaining schedule, the teams are no longer losing consistently

:

Atlanta (@TO)

@ Tampa

@ Jacksonville

Miami

@ New England

• The Falcons played New Orleans tough on 11/21 and are always dangerous with Matty Ice and Tony Gonzales.
  • The Bucs crushed the Falcons 2 weeks ago and beat Detroit 24-21 on 11/24. 2-game win 'streak'!
  • The Jags beat the Texans 13-10. Who knows what wrong with the Texans, but the Jags also beat the Titans 29-27 on 11/10. Those wins sandwiched a loss to Ariz on 11/17.
  • Miami pulled a loss out of the fire yesterday against the Panthers who got hot after playing the Bills. Always tough, but this is the last home game!
  • New England has been up-&-down. The were blown out in the 1st half last night, and handled the Broncos in the 2nd half & won in OT. Kinda the way it was against us in the opener. We looked good against them early and then let Brady steal the win late. Up & down.

These game will test the Bills' mettle. They need to win them all. 8-8 will not earn a playoff berth. I could see them losing all of these.

I think the presumption is that the Bills are just going to keep playing determined football now that they had a strong game against the Jets..........but if the recent history of this team in similar situations is any indicator we will see variable effort from the team and a subsequently poor finish in the 6-10, 7-9 range.

What I wonder is if that hasn't already begun.....based on the horsesh*t effort in Pittsburgh and then the strong effort at home 7 days later against the Jets.

We have routinely seen outbursts like when the Bills hammered the playoff bound Tebow-Broncos at home...or when Trent lead the Bills to a late season win over Cutler/Shanahan at Mile High.....but then subsequently come out and play horrible the next week. To me, that is a failure of coaching. When the players don't give consistent effort that is a lack of faith in their direction.

My biggest disppointment with this season is that enough wasn't done to cast Marrone in a favorable light with his team by putting him in position to win early the way some other teams with new coaches have done. Marrone isn't only fighting his own lack of winning history.....he is battling the culture of failure and trying to separate himself from the likes of losers like Jauron and Gailey. So far......same results. Not good going forward. This team really needs to rattle off some wins and finish with an 8-8 record or better if at all possible.

its about as easy a stretch as you could ever ask for in the nfl. that said, no 5 game stretch is ever easy to run. we havent won 2 in a row, yet alone shown consistency to do something like this. still a long way, but atleast its still possible. helps keep things interesting.

It never looked easy. This team lost to Brandon Weeden.

Yea, but they did that with Mr deer in headlights at QB. :lol:

It was looking so easy against Atlanta with Matt Ryan & Steven Jackson both out injured, and their defense playing poorly...right up until last week when both players returned, and they held the Saints to 17 pts. Shoot, they now have Roddy White back looking healthy.

It was looking easy when both the Bucs and Jags hadn't won a game. The Jags are now 2-9 and just beat the Texanx AT Houston. The Bucs just beat the Lions AT Detroit 24-21 with that rookie Glennon at QB, and are now 3-8.

It looked so easy against the reeling 2-6 Steelers who had just been beaten by the Patriots 31-55 the week previous.

5-6 Miami was looking so easy with their team in turmoil right up until they beat the 5-6 Chargers & nearly beat 8-3 Carolina.

Then 8-3 New England looked hapless at the start of last nights game and was down 24-0, Brady then took the game to OT and won it.

With the very last possibility of getting a WC "IF" a bunch of others teams lose and the Buffalo Bills win all 5 remaining games....in all reality the Bills should be drafting in the top ten again :bag:

After all these years of turmoil, some of you think the BIlls are gonna run the table? Keep expectations low people! If not, you will be on here saying Marrone should be fired, Bills should draft a QB next year, Ralph must die...AND ON AND ON! Going 3-2 in the next 5 games is good!

its about as easy a stretch as you could ever ask for in the nfl. that said, no 5 game stretch is ever easy to run. we havent won 2 in a row, yet alone shown consistency to do something like this. still a long way, but atleast its still possible. helps keep things interesting.

If the Panthers can win 7 straight, then we can win 5.

But you're right. We need to start with a 2 win streak and take it from there.

What will be more exciting if we beat the Falcons is, we'll be playing a meaningful game in December.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz