Bills' Remaining Schedule Not Lookin' So Easy Now

I would love our chances in the Atlanta game played in the expected 35 degree cloudy conditions, 12 mph wind and 30% chance of frozen precip. I don't love it so much in the 70 degree sterile dome of Toronto.

ATL just played the Saints tough. I don't expect Buffalo to just waltz over them. If they can somehow beat ATL then TB and Jax, then I'll start thinking about miracles but until then, 5 in a row is a pipe dream.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love our chances in the Atlanta game played in the expected 35 degree cloudy conditions, 12 mph wind and 30% chance of frozen precip. I don't love it so much in the 70 degree sterile dome of Toronto.

ATL just played the Saints tough. I don't expect Buffalo to just waltz over them. If they can somehow beat ATL then TB and Jax, then I'll start thinking about miracles but until then, 5 in a row is a pipe dream.

I thought the way you did also. I said to myself, if we can get to 6-7 then the games will be meaningful again. But After this past Sunday, it's not the case. The Jets AND the Dolphins lost which made the chase for the last wild card spot tighter. I believe we're only 1.5 games behind the last wild card slot.

After this week, if we win and teams like the Chargers and Titans lose, it will look that much more possible. Plus Ravens and Steelers play each other, one of them have to lose.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

on any given Sunday.

They didn't start out crappy for no reason at all.

Tampa beat Miami, Atlanta at home and Detroit.

Jax beat Tenny and Houston. Man has Houston tanked it.

The Jags have Chad Henne - I think the Bills know how to handle him.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

If the Panthers can win 7 straight, then we can win 5.

But you're right. We need to start with a 2 win streak and take it from there.

What will be more exciting if we beat the Falcons is, we'll be playing a meaningful game in December.

its possible - but even as a pretty good team, it normally takes a lucky break or two, and i dont think we can say we are a really good team yet (atleast certainly havent proven it). we might need a little extra luck (stay healthy, catch a few bounces or jump balls) that said, its possible and ill enjoy it as long as we are alive in the chase. you never know, worse rosters have done it against tougher schedules.

I thought the way you did also. I said to myself, if we can get to 6-7 then the games will be meaningful again. But After this past Sunday, it's not the case. The Jets AND the Dolphins lost which made the chase for the last wild card spot tighter. I believe we're only 1.5 games behind the last wild card slot.

After this week, if we win and teams like Steelers, Chargers and Ravens lose, it will look that much more possible.

with 9 teams within a game, itll be interesting down the stretch. even if we win, we are at best a game out still but hopefully leapfrogging a couple people between us and being in.

The Bills have 7 losses and there are 6 teams in front of them for the 6th playoff spot with 6 losses. From a probability view, its doubtful they are going to run the table and have every variable fall in their favor to pass all 6 teams for the final playoff spot. Beat the Falcons on Sunday and hopefully some of the 6 loss teams are defeated and drop to 7 losses. 8 losses probably gets you eliminated. Nice to look ahead but time to take it one week at a time.

So what happens between the AFC Championship and the Super Bowl that leaves us stuck at 12-7 for the season?

The total collapse of the Patriots leaves the Bills as Division Champs so they do not have to play the wild card game.

If the Bills could run the table and finish 9-7, playoffs or not, who would consider this a bad season?

I wouldn't.

Let's not forget, in our quest for the playoffs, that it's been 9 years since we even had a winning season. So, just getting to 8-8 would be something this team hasn't done in nearly a decade!

Edited by Dan

IF... The Bills make it to week 17 and are sitting at 8-7, what makes you think they won't be just as motivated to go into NE with the first real shot at the playoffs since 04???

Talk to me when the Patriots actually lose a game at home this year. LOL. That's my point. Motivation has nothing to do with the fact that New England is top 10 in offense and defense and the Bills aren't even top 20 in either. There's no doubt that I'm a fan. I'm as hopeful as anyone. My hope none the less is tempered by reality. The fact that this franchise hasn't had 5 consecutive wins since 2004 should tell you what you need to know.

Still too many holes, plus bad STand a rookie QB. That HAS to cost the Bills 2 victories down the stretch. But I think 7-9 is OK. 2/5th of the O-line shouldn't even be in the league…so I have to temper any enthusiasm this year.

Still too many holes, plus bad STand a rookie QB. That HAS to cost the Bills 2 victories down the stretch. But I think 7-9 is OK. 2/5th of the O-line shouldn't even be in the league…so I have to temper any enthusiasm this year.

Bad ST, sure. Rookie QB, it could hurt us in a couple of games too. But I think more harmful than either is the amount of undisciplined play we've seen this year - the number of penalties this team takes is stupifying.

To be the winner the Bills and there fans need to shed the "looser mentality". What in the past is in the past. The team is healthy including EJ, he is letting the pigskin fly, the defense is on fire, and I believe Spiller will bounce back from his slump. Forget the past, and "being happy" with 8-8 and getting close. WIN ALL THE GAMES AND GET IN THE FREAKING PLAYOFFS!!! I

'm tired of this being the Bills last postseason play.

music_city_miracle_12.jpg

These game will test the Bills' mettle. They need to win them all. 8-8 will not earn a playoff berth. I could see them losing all of these.

However, if the offense can eliminate turnovers and the defense remains tough, we have an excellent chance to get to 9-7 and maybe end the playoff futility!

Based on what? The team currently in the 6th spot is under .500. Why are some people so certain that the 6th seed at the end of the season will be over .500?

From the Bills remaining schedule, the teams are no longer losing consistently

:

Atlanta (@TO)

@ Tampa

@ Jacksonville

Miami

@ New England

• The Falcons played New Orleans tough on 11/21 and are always dangerous with Matty Ice and Tony Gonzales.
  • The Bucs crushed the Falcons 2 weeks ago and beat Detroit 24-21 on 11/24. 2-game win 'streak'!
  • The Jags beat the Texans 13-10. Who knows what wrong with the Texans, but the Jags also beat the Titans 29-27 on 11/10. Those wins sandwiched a loss to Ariz on 11/17.
  • Miami pulled a loss out of the fire yesterday against the Panthers who got hot after playing the Bills. Always tough, but this is the last home game!
  • New England has been up-&-down. The were blown out in the 1st half last night, and handled the Broncos in the 2nd half & won in OT. Kinda the way it was against us in the opener. We looked good against them early and then let Brady steal the win late. Up & down.

These game will test the Bills' mettle. They need to win them all. 8-8 will not earn a playoff berth. I could see them losing all of these.

However, if the offense can eliminate turnovers and the defense remains tough, we have an excellent chance to get to 9-7 and maybe end the playoff futility!

Nothing is easy. These are all winnable games. Good teams find ways to win. If the Bills are good, they will win out.

Lol. What are you smoking dude? We are 4-7 for a reason. There is absolutely nothing that should make anyone believe we can win three straight games, let alone five. I think 3-2 over the next five is the best we can reasonably hope for, but I expect we'll go 2-3 down the stretch (wins over Jax and Miami).

Well we're favored to win vs. Atlanta. And if we win that, I bet we'll be no worse than a pick' em vs. Tampa. We'll also probably be favored in Jax and at home vs Miami. Sooooo ... there is SOMETHING that should make people believe we can win a few games in a row.

After all these years of turmoil, some of you think the BIlls are gonna run the table? Keep expectations low people! If not, you will be on here saying Marrone should be fired, Bills should draft a QB next year, Ralph must die...AND ON AND ON! Going 3-2 in the next 5 games is good!

Ahh, the constant battle between those who want to dream big and those who are terrified of getting their hopes up for fear of being let down.

Based on what? The team currently in the 6th spot is under .500. Why are some people so certain that the 6th seed at the end of the season will be over .500?

Because once you sort out things out like head to head games where SOMEONE in that group of 9 has to pick up a win, it's great odds that one of them ends up picking up 3 (or in the winner of the steelers ravens this week, 2) wins down the stretch.

If the Bills could run the table and finish 9-7, playoffs or not, who would consider this a bad season?

I wouldn't.

Let's not forget, in our quest for the playoffs, that it's been 9 years since we even had a winning season. So, just getting to 8-8 would be something this team hasn't done in nearly a decade!

If they are 7-9 and EJ looks the part of a franchise QB I will be happy. This season was all about EJ, Petine, and Marrone. Next year we get the dynamic TE this team needs so desperately.