Looking back...Skip Bayless is such a dramatic tool

Billzfan23

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really amused by how he says that EJ is careless with the football. 7 games, 4 INTs. Dead on there. EJ's very careless with it.

He's also fumbled three times, just to be fair. But I agree that he's largely avoided the "big mistake". Compare to Geno Smith who's thrown 16 interceptions and fumbled 8 times.

It's small ideas like that, that make people millionaires. I'd look more into producing a show like that, shoot a sample video and show it to networks.

You may be onto something.

It would be like the Daily Show but with a focus on sports.

PTR

I stopped listening about 30 seconds into the clip when Stephen A. referenced the "authoritative opinion" of Todd McShay.

What I find funniest about the soothsayers heading into the draft was their ranking of QBs. You catch a glimpse of that with Bayless, who suggested that it would have been OK if the Bills had drafted Landry, Geno, Tyler Wilson, or Barkley. When the card came in that the Bills had selected a QB, most thought the name on it would be either Geno Smith, Matt Barkley or Ryan Nassib. When the name was E.J. Manuel, the draftniks of the world snapped.

Edited by 2003Contenders

It would be like the Daily Show but with a focus on sports.

PTR

Sounds about right...

The Onion tried a sports show on Comedy Central a couple years ago. It was hilarious, but flopped in terms of ratings and got canceled quickly.

I think I remember that... Well, just cuz they failed doesn't mean another show can't survive. Big name host and funny comedians and you've got a hit...

I stopped listening about 30 seconds into the clip when Stephen A. referenced the "authoritative opinion" of Todd McShay.

What I find funniest about the soothsayers heading into the draft was their ranking of QBs. You catch a glimpse of that with Bayless, who suggested that it would have been OK if the Bills had drafted Landry, Geno, Tyler Wilson, or Barkley. When the card came in that the Bills had selected a QB, most thought the name on it would be either Geno Smith, Matt Barkley or Ryan Nassib. When the name was E.J. Manuel, the draftniks of the world snapped.

I agree - I think some of the disdain about the pick had more to do with the fact THEY got it wrong on who would be drafted when.

Listening to Bayless reminds me of listening to my grandmother. I understand it's his gig to have strong opinions and get peoples' attention, but he's such a drama queen. I hope EJ develops into a hall of famer simply so this clip can clown his ass for all of eternity.

I think Fox, ESPN, etc...should have to host a "post-season" show where their rants about pre-draft results are stacked up against real first season game statistics....for example, "EJ is a late second, third round" and just work from there. I would watch it every year. I might even DVR it as "must see TV"

I agree with everyone that Skip is an over the top fool.

However, I can't help but wonder the main point of there argument, would EJ be available on round 2.

I can't help but think yes. I am supporting EJ all the way. But it still seems like a reach.

If he produces, it's not a reach. If you're talking about value, it appeared that there were several teams interested in him who could have picked him before the Bills' pick in the second round. We'll never know for sure, but if you think the player can be good, you take him when you can.

However, I can't help but wonder the main point of there argument, would EJ be available on round 2.

I can't help but think yes. I am supporting EJ all the way. But it still seems like a reach.

When Skippy belabored the point about the Bills having the #9 pick in the second round(pick 41) saying "I'm pretty sure, I'm not dead sure but I'm pretty sure EJ Manuel would have been sitting there...." all I could think was "What if he wasn't though!!!".

All it would take is just one of the many QB needy teams that drafted ahead of pick 41 to have similar views to the Bills on EJ(that he was the only legitimate QB option in the draft).

Had we waited and he was still there......no problems.

Had we waited and he was taken by another team.....what in heavens name would we do then?

Skippy is a moron.

tell me more about how you can predict the future...

But these people are "experts" that are paid to do so. If we shouldn't expect them to "predict the future", then they should not be trying to do so under the guise of a profession.

That said, I guess we're to blame for actually listening to these people and acting like they are doing a better job than any of us could. It's like people going to fortune tellers and getting upset their fortunes don't come true. Who's really to blame here?

Even better is the fact that that very same weeks when EJ was in studio Bayless told him he wouldn't be surprised if he were picked in the first round. Total bullocks

I'd link it but I'm not sure how on my phone. It's on YouTube.

Here ya go...at the 5:30 mark

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4wjzPy0PuY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DY4wjzPy0PuY

So would it have made you feel better if they took Robert Woods in the first and EJ in the second?