Branden Oliver: A Place on the Bills?

yungmack

Khalil Mack will probably be the best L.B. out of the draft.

As for Oliver, he was awful against O.S.U. and Baylor, the closest thing he's had to N.F.L. competition. There is no way he gets drafted, but good for him if he does.

No one runs on OSU, especially if the QB is not elite and they csn focus on the run. Leveon Bell got drafted high by Pitt and he probably had about 15 yds on them in 2012.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one runs on OSU, especially if the QB is not elite and they csn focus on the run. Leveon Bell got drafted high by Pitt and he probably had about 15 yds on them in 2012.

I agree regarding O.S.U.'s defense. As for Bell, though, he is a second-round bust.

Is there anything Buffalo related you are ever positive about? And if you want to make a wager on this, I'd down. Oliver will get drafted and to overlook a rb because of their height has been proven wrong so many times.

Starks went in the 6th round, Oliver will likely be around the same give or take a round

You're becoming one of the worst posters here. Bell was hurt and has played fairly well since his injury. Saying he is a bust at this point is flat out stupid.

Especially since much of Pittsburgh's revival has been because of Bell

You're becoming one of the worst posters here. Bell was hurt and has played fairly well since his injury. Saying he is a bust at this point is flat out stupid.

Uhh, thanks. Bell averaged 2.6 and 2.0 Y.P.C. in his last two games...

Maybe he's not a *bust*, but he is certainly not an impact player like Lacy or Bernard.

Antonio Brown and an improved defense have helped Pittsburgh.

Is your hostility due to the fact that I don't think a U.B. player is a solid prospect? Chill out.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/smizik-on-sports/2013/11/18/Le-Veon-not-ringing-the-bell/stories/201311180149

Above is an article on some of the stats behind the Steelers this year. I think most people would agree that Bell has not "played fairly well since his injury."

Edited by ny33

Maybe he's not a *bust*, but he is certainly not an impact player like Lacy or Bernard.

Is your hostility due to the fact that I don't think a U.B. player is a solid prospect? Chill out.

http://www.post-gaze...es/201311180149

Above is an article on some of the stats behind the Steelers this year. I think most people would agree that Bell has not "played fairly well since his injury."

http://www.post-gaze...es/201311180149

Eddie Lacy has averaged 3 ypc and 1.9 ypc in his last 2 games. I guess he's a bust too. My point is the overreaction is just stupid. Lacy and Bernard play on better offenses.

And all you ever do is post negative stuff. Everything is just putting any Buffalo down. Oliver is a very good rb who has a shot to play in the league. IF you wanna make it interesting, let's make a wager. I say he gets drafted. PM and we can work out the details.

I love Spiller don't get me wrong. He's in my top 5 favorites on the Bills squad. But if we can get a speedier version of Fred Jackson, we'd be DANGEROUS in the run game.

I really like these short and buff running backs in today's NFL. Everybody else is so big and tall, that they can't locate the running back...

Is there anything Buffalo related you are ever positive about? And if you want to make a wager on this, I'd down. Oliver will get drafted and to overlook a rb because of their height has been proven wrong so many times.

Don't stress yourself out. There will always be people who look at things in a more negative approach.

Last week when we played the Jets and we had a 3 touchdown lead, my god brother got REALLY upset at a holding penalty we had on a punt return. I'm talking furious. I was like, calm down bro. I'm mad too. But check the scoreboard real quick please.

I love Spiller don't get me wrong. He's in my top 5 favorites on the Bills squad. But if we can get a speedier version of Fred Jackson, we'd be DANGEROUS in the run game.

I really like these short and buff running backs in today's NFL. Everybody else is so big and tall, that they can't locate the running back...

Don't stress yourself out. There will always be people who look at things in a more negative approach.

Last week when we played the Jets and we had a 3 touchdown lead, my god brother got REALLY upset at a holding penalty we had on a punt return. I'm talking furious. I was like, calm down bro. I'm mad too. But check the scoreboard real quick please.

Haha. But I'm still think Spiller is a stud. He tried to play through a really bad injury and it killed his explosion. He put up 100+ yards on 2 of the best defenses in the NFL in Carolina and KC. IMO, he is due for a monster game against ATL.

Haha. But I'm still think Spiller is a stud. He tried to play through a really bad injury and it killed his explosion. He put up 100+ yards on 2 of the best defenses in the NFL in Carolina and KC. IMO, he is due for a monster game against ATL.

I won't be upset if you're right...

Eddie Lacy has averaged 3 ypc and 1.9 ypc in his last 2 games. I guess he's a bust too. My point is the overreaction is just stupid. Lacy and Bernard play on better offenses.

And all you ever do is post negative stuff. Everything is just putting any Buffalo down. Oliver is a very good rb who has a shot to play in the league. IF you wanna make it interesting, let's make a wager. I say he gets drafted. PM and we can work out the details.

It's still a major, major stretch to say that Bell has been "part of Pittsburgh's resurgence." I don't post "only negative stuff," but just think it is a bit of a stretch that Oliver will be drafted. Kudos to U.B. on a resurgent season, and I think Mack will be a great player. As for the Bills, I've been very high on the personnel but skeptical of Brandon and the coaching staff.

I'll bet you everything I own that Oliver isn't drafted

Not the first time I've cashed in on homers

And that's not to say he can't be a player in the NFL. I don't know about his blocking with the level he's at, but I do like Bo's hard running. But, a guy that slow isn't getting drafted.

Edited by Leelee Phoenix

I'll bet you everything I own that Oliver isn't drafted

Not the first time I've cashed in on homers

And that's not to say he can't be a player in the NFL. I don't know about his blocking with the level he's at, but I do like Bo's hard running. But, a guy that slow isn't getting drafted.

I'm not even a UB fan but I can recognize talent. Oliver was a big recruit out of Florida. Honestly, I shouldn't bet on the draft because there are tons of talented guys that weren't drafted. But I will bet $25 that Oliver will be in a camp and have a real shot to be on a NFL roster.

I've been enjoying the UB Bulls games on ESPN and particularly loving Bo Oliver. I swear that every time he runs into the line, several tons of players wind up on top of him. And then, like magic, he pops out on the other side of them. It's uncanny. The guy is short but not small, but how he gets through all those defenders time after time, team after team is beyond me. But it's fun. I've even laughed out loud a couple of times watching him befuddle the defense. It must drive them nuts when four or five or six of them converge and pile on him and then there he is beyond the pile. It's like a Loony Tunes cartoon.

I doubt there's a slot for him on the Bills but I hope someone gives him a shot at the next level.

Hes great to watch. And theres a spot for him I would take him in the second. FJ is on the tail end and spiller doesnt break tackles to keep drives alive. This team needs a rb.

Hes great to watch. And theres a spot for him I would take him in the second. FJ is on the tail end and spiller doesnt break tackles to keep drives alive. This team needs a rb.

This draft may be a great time to draft Spiller's replacement. A guy who can grow older with EJ and Woods. I'm not saying Spiller doesn't have elite talent, as he does, but I just don't see the Bills paying elite money to a guy who hasn't shown to be an every down back.

Edited by kas23

Oliver is on the bubble IMO. I think he's talented but teams don't seem to value RBs unless they are name players in college. But James Starks got drafted in the 6th round by Green Bay and BO is smashing his UB rushing records so who knows?

One thing I should mention about Oliver is that he missed a lot of games to injury his first 3 years. I was starting to think he was made of glass but he's held up this season.

PTR

Something to consider here.....

CJ Spiller is a dynamic player who isn't being used correctly by Hackett.....but be that as it may I better Hackett is tied in long term with Marrone....and Hacket loves that between the tackles run on first down.....Freddie is going to hit that wall and as much as we all love him you know its coming...he goes down hurt every game.....Choice is a good relief guy but not what we are looking for

Would not shock me at ALL to see the bills draft a between the tackles bowling ball in this draft....in fact I think it might be prudent.