2013 Pro Bowl Balloting: Mario, Kyle, and Byrd Elected.

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Byrd made it! Haha-- what a joke. Jim Leonard made a better case than Byrd this year.

duuuuuude you're crazy. Leonhard made a lot of good and great plays,sure but he flubbed up a ton, too. Byrd has not made many mistakes and played a nearly perfect season - when playing.

Also, what is interesting about Byrd is that maybe he was voted in to help get him some money. You know, players trying to help the brother.

Byrd made it! Haha-- what a joke. Jim Leonard made a better case than Byrd this year.

You really get a bit crazy on the love of scrappy backup players sometimes. Byrd played very well. He was at one point leading all safeties in interceptions I believe, despite missing a month.

I was actually just using Leonard to highlight the absurdity of the Byrd selection.

I think Leonard is who he is-- a back-up who had an okay year.

Byrd is a guy who basically played half a season and had one standout game against geno smith.

11 games is more than half a season. He has looked pretty good in every game, I think.

Wake and Watt, hilarious. Both have been underwhelming

Ngata, Burfict, McCoy and polamula. Ha

Wtf is suggs doing in there. The dude has been **** all year. I guess the quota on Ravens LB's.

Kiko might not have played as good of season as those guys but many of the DL and LB, as always, get in on big name.

Keuchly had many mental lapses this year, I like watching him because he does some damn great things but he is like Alonso, and will be caught with his pants around his ankles far more then reasonably acceptable.

Not sure about Cameron Wake or Ngata in terms of what they've done this season. But you're crazy to scoff at Watt, Gerald McCoy and Burfict. All three are no-brainers. Then again, you probably think TJ Graham had a case...

MIke Pettine is the Bills MVP.

Why?? All of the Bills players who made pro bowl were on defense. I can't remember the last time a Bills player made the pro bowl out right .....not to mention 3 with a possible 5..........in addition, the 3 that made it were here last year as well......Mike Pettine is a toptier defensive mind and I hope he gets credit

Uhh they only take 4 ILB's in the entire league. I encourage you to look up the 4 chosen ahead of him and make a case for him to get in over any of them.

Based on this year's stats (and not their well known names), Kiko has had a better year than Willis and a comparable year to Bowman. Kiko has been better in some area's and Bowman has been better in some. I have no problem with Bowman over him. He should have got in over Willis though. Better stats in most categories. But it is a popularity contest which is why he didn't (and part of the reason Polamalu did for example).

Based on this year's stats (and not their well known names), Kiko has had a better year than Willis and a comparable year to Bowman. Kiko has been better in some area's and Bowman has been better in some. I have no problem with Bowman over him. He should have got in over Willis though. Better stats in most categories. But it is a popularity contest which is why he didn't (and part of the reason Polamalu did for example).

I agree it is a popularity contest for the most part, which is why many in Buffalo think Kiko should have got in. He had a very good year for a rookie, I don't think he is pro bowl caliber. He makes a lot of tackles because all inside linebackers make a lot of tackles. If he continues to improve he could make some pro bowls. He still needs work, but he is off to a good start.

But pro bowl good?

Byrd looked average to me this year. He was the 2nd best safety on the team (after AW). I can't fathom how he could be one of the top 2 or 3 safeties in the league this year.

I'm assuming you live in Pittsburgh so you might have a closer view of the Steelers. Did Polamalu deserve to get in over Byrd (or Aaron for that matter as they're both SS)? I heard a bunch of talk about him declining this year.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

I'm assuming you live in Pittsburgh so you might have a closer view of the Steelers. Did Polamalu deserve to get in over Byrd (or Aaron for that matter as they're both SS)? I heard a bunch of talk about him declining this year.

He had a great year. But name recognition got him in the team over, say, Williams. I think Byrd got that same name recognition bump.