Official Playoff Possibilities Thread

eball

Even if Pittsburgh does win and move to 6-6, they are a medicore team and I could easily see them finishing out their last 4 games at 2-2 and being 8-8. There is still far too much football left to say we are dead even if the Steelers beat the Ravens. After the Ravens, the steelers still have the bengals and Green Bay (presumably with Rogers back) and those could easily be two losses for them. We are still very much in the thick of things

That's wishful thinking, IMO. The steelers are mediocre, but they are the best of the mediocre teams that are left. Other than gb and Balt, I have no faith in the browns or bengals beating the steelers. A more plausible scenario would be the bengals losing out, and the steelers winning the division.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the heck happened last night? i went to bed at halftime of the pats* broncos game very pleased that the fish, jets, and pats* lost this week! WTF ???

Bellyache and Kraft paid someone off as usual! ;)

THIS IS A TOTALLY BOGUS COMMENT - please don't penalize me for making a joke.

maybe Pitt Balto will end in a tie.

If Pitt beats Balt this week, we are dead. Gotta have that game.

We can only hope the Packers, Bungles and Miami defense can stop them (Steelers)

We can only hope the Bungles and Detroit defense can stop them (Ravens) and that the Vikes run all over them as well

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

This week we have to WIN obviously.

These are the rest of the teams we should be rooting for:

Raiders(4-7) - Cowboys(6-5) GO COWBOYS

Steelers(5-6) - Ravens(5-6) GO RAVENS

Jaguars(2-9) - Browns(4-7) GO JAGUARS

Titans(5-6) - Colts(7-4) GO COLTS

Dolphins(5-6) - Jets(5-6) GO DOLPHINS

Bengals(7-4) - Chargers(5-6) GO BENGALS

If we win and get to 5-7, one thing is guaranteed. After this week at least 2 of the teams that currently have a 5-6 record will become 5-7.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

If Pittsburgh lost to Baltimore and won out and Baltimore lost one game then they would both be 9-7. But Pittsburgh would have the edge in either divisonal record where PIT 4-2 vs BAL 2-2 or 4-2 and in common games==pittsburgh was 0-2 in noncommon games vs baltimore 1-1..thus Pittsburgh wins common games and is in 2nd place.

Buffalo needs Pittsburgh to lose twice.

This week we have to WIN obviously.

These are the rest of the teams we should be rooting for:

Raiders(4-7) - Cowboys(6-5) GO COWBOYS

Steelers(5-6) - Ravens(5-6) GO RAVENS

Jaguars(2-9) - Browns(4-7) GO JAGUARS

Titans(5-6) - Colts(7-4) GO COLTS

Dolphins(5-6) - Jets(5-6) GO DOLPHINS

Bengals(7-4) - Chargers(5-6) GO BENGALS

If we win and get to 5-7, one thing is guaranteed. After this week at least 2 of the teams that currently have a 5-6 record will become 5-7.

Thank you, I was just about to ask for a list.

To state the obvious, after this week at least 2 of the teams that currently have a 5-6 record will also become 6-6. Oakland and Cleveland hold the tiebreaker over Buffalo, so I see those games as being most critical. None the less, both of those teams have a very difficult finishing schedule, particularly Oakland. To a degree, I think the Bills control their own destiny here. Just win is an understatement.

From now through week 17, there are 11 games between teams that are still in the mathematical hunt for a wildcard spot. What that really means for the Bills is that we have to be hoping to a degree that these teams win one/lose one. The Jets for example have 4 games versus other teams in the hunt. They get Miami, Oakland, Cleveland, and then @Miami. Similarly, Miami has 4 games @NYJ, @PIT, @BUF and finishing versus NYJ. No matter how many ways I slice it, there will in all likelihood be a team sitting at 8-8 with the tiebreaker over Buffalo. Even running the table only guarantees this team a chance at a playoff spot. None the less, it's nice to be discussing possible playoffs before Thanksgiving in lieu of "next year".

If it hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet, try running through the ESPN Playoff Machine system for the scenarios (http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine).

I selected the default for teams with better records beating their opponents throughout. That leaves a few games for teams with the same records. Notably, if you have Baltimore beat Pittsburgh and the Dolphins sweeping the Jets, the Bills get the final playoff spot at 8-8. Odd but true.

Give me a break...the Bills aren't making the playoffs. Even an optimist can see that.

You honestly think this team can win out?

yes. Crazy, but yes. I'm not saying were going to, but is it possible? Hell yea. Defense has played better every week, the entire team is healthy for the first time this year (and at the perfect time) and EJ had his best game as a pro against a tough Jets team a week ago. (the crow I would eat would be sooooo tasty if EJ plays well the rest of the way). If you can't see the shot our Bills have, and need to take hold of, than you're void of any optimisim.

If it hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet, try running through the ESPN Playoff Machine system for the scenarios (http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine).

I selected the default for teams with better records beating their opponents throughout. That leaves a few games for teams with the same records. Notably, if you have Baltimore beat Pittsburgh and the Dolphins sweeping the Jets, the Bills get the final playoff spot at 8-8. Odd but true.

I am going to hold my breath. Really. The fans can will it........ima try.

Likely Scenario: The Bills, Jets, and Dolphins all implode the rest of the season.

troll. Go away.