For those of you who gave up on EJ.....

26CornerBlitz

I asked the question last week about what we've really seen from Manuel. I didn't get to see today's game but listed on Sirius. I also didn't see last week's game but again listened. After less 2/3 of a full season I'm not convinced he's the answer to the long term QB question. Delighted that he played well today, but I think today's win goes to the defense. Believe me, I'd love to see EJM have a long and prosperous career with the Bills.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying it wasn't but I wouldnt call his accuracy excellent on every pass either as was suggested

Was mentioned a lot today Jets have been an every other week team

Not sure what this means. Are you lessening the team accomplishment because it was the Jets week to lose?

What say you now? Excellent accuracy all day long on all throws short, intermediate, and long.

A horrid game last week, a good game this week for EJ...That's about the same sort of season Geno Smith has had. So you might want to wait until sometime in December before gloating.

Every team is beatable. And accuracy is exactly what I'd expect to be lacking coming off an injury and limited practice. We saw today what extra practice brings. EJ's accuracy, particularly in that wind, was fantastic.

I think you know what I meant by the Steelers were beatable last week. They did not play nearly as well as they did today

Fantastic, really? EJs accuracy was better but fantastic is gojng way overboard

Not sure what this means. Are you lessening the team accomplishment because it was the Jets week to lose?

Was pretty self explanatory Jets play well one week then not the next

Edited by Max997

A horrid game last week, a good game this week for EJ...That's about the same sort of season Geno Smith has had. So you might want to wait until sometime in December before gloating.

Not exactly true. EJ has had two bad games....But never a down in the valley, deep, deep ugly Geno multiple turnover, pick six type of game.

A horrid game last week, a good game this week for EJ...That's about the same sort of season Geno Smith has had.

Geno Smith's last 3 games: 36 of 72 for 377 yards, 0 TDs, 5 INTs.

Geno isn't having good game/bad game. He's having bad game, bad game, bad game. I think we can say that's not the type of season Manuel has had thus far.

To your point, EJ and Geno both have "2:1" ratios pertaining to their INTs and TDs. Unfortunatley for Geno, his is upside down.

Bills and EJ Manuel bounce back in impressive fashion

Bills and EJ Manuel bounce back in impressive fashion

Howard Simon

howard@wgr550.com

I couldn't have scripted it any better. The Bills bounce back from their worst game of the season with a dominating win over a division rival and one that has beaten them up pretty good in recent seasons.

Rookie QB EJ Manuel responds to his worst game of the season with a very strong day, throwing the ball with accuracy and hitting plays down field.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

EJ still threw the "out" all day long until he hit tj and the Goodwin on some long ones, those 2 were nice but that's exactly what Edwards used to do, throw short all day and then sneak a go route in for a TD here or there. WHERE are the intermediate routes? he threw none today, he looks like crap to me actually. why should I feel better about him exactly? tuel hit Goodwin for the same exact td the other week.

Sideline Reactions: Bills 37 - Jets 14

By Joe Buscaglia

JoeB@wgr550.com

Manuel bounces back

In his first game back in over a month, EJ Manuel was not effective against Pittsburgh until the game didn't matter any longer. He was missing passes that he should always hit, and the offense had their worst performance of the season. Fast forward to Sunday, a game against the Jets with swirling winds, Manuel had a quality performance against a defense that has played quite well as of late. The rookie quarterback was hitting on the intermediate throws that plagued him against the Steelers, finding his targets on comeback routes, slants and out routes with well-placed passes. Even just after one week, the buzzards were circling Manuel following the Pittsburgh game despite rookie seasons being notorious for their peaks and valleys. However, Manuel answered back with a strong throw down the field to Marquise Goodwin for a touchdown right after another deep ball completed to T.J. Graham. Did he make some mistakes? Sure. Did he in anyway jeopardize the Bills from coming away with the victory? Not even in the slightest. Now it's on Manuel to pick up victories against three teams that have a 5-25 combined record on the year.

did you see the jets bash drew brees's face in last week? it was definitely a good game from EJ vs a tough defense

For whatever reason, the Jets play hot and cold week to week. They have gone W/L/W/L/W/L etc. all year long. They beat the Patriots then came back the very next week and lost by FORTY to the Bengals. Then they came back the week after taking that 40 point beatdown to win vs. Saints. Sssssoooo, this was their week for a loss. Look it up...tis true. LOL

EJ's supposedly "horrid" game last week wasn't even close to 3-4 Geno performances this year.