Buffalo Favored (-1) vs. Jets

Wazzu Bill

Would post link, but my source probably isn't within the rules.

Based on the negativity on this board, you'd think the Jets would be favored +10.

I'm pretty sure Mario wants to feast on Geno...our defense will come out to play. If Manuel can shake off the bad loss and play a decent game, we'll walk away with our first W in four weeks.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the negativity on this board, you'd think the Jets would be favored +10.

I'm pretty sure Mario wants to feast on Geno...our defense will come out to play. If Manuel can shake off the bad loss and play a decent game, we'll walk away with our first W in four weeks.

What's the connection between Mario and Geno?

Not that surprising....home field is generally worth 3 points so on a neutral field they figure the Jets are slightly better. The Jets have had more good games than the Bills, but they are still very up and down.

I'm not all that confident because Ryan has really owned the Bills; it seems like a physical mismatch every time they play. I'm really hoping to not see that happen again.

We'll see what the new coaching staff learned from the first game.

The odds makers are dispassionate and usually fairly accurate so maybe it's a pick 'em game, but I see a Jets team that has the slight edge in every single position except running back and has the more proven coaching staff as well. Honestly I felt more confident in beating the Chiefs than in winning this game.

The odds makers are dispassionate and usually fairly accurate so maybe it's a pick 'em game, but I see a Jets team that has the slight edge in every single position except running back and has the more proven coaching staff as well. Honestly I felt more confident in beating the Chiefs than in winning this game.

Every position except RB? Really?

Take out how jaded the Bills have made us and it is much closer.

QB - Even. Anyone that says Geno is definitely better is grasping at air. Go on a Jets fan board sometime. You'll see they hate him as much as most of our fans hate EJ after he loses them a game their defense put them in a position to win every other week.

RB - Us. Agree with you there. It's no contest.

WR - Us. We're more talented than them. Stephen Hill is a tall TJ Graham. Speedy but can't catch. Holmes and Stevie are about even. Robert Woods is better than Kerley. Goodwin has more upside than Nelson. And I loved Nelson.

TE - Even. I'd say Chandler but it could be the homer in me. And I haven't seen enough of Cumberland.

OL - Us. We're solid everywhere except LG. We could do better than Pears at RT but he's not bad. Their OL is suspect outside of Ferguson and the shell of his former self Mangold.

DL - Them. This is close cus we have a solid group but they are a better D so any case I'd make for us doesn't hold water.

LB - Them. Moats and Bradham hold us back. I should give this to us because I'm afraid Kiko will find out I picked them and decide I don't deserve to breathe anymore and who am I to disagree with the Legend.

CB - Even. A lot of our fans disagree on Gilmore otherwise I'd say us. Milliner has been a huge disappointment for them. The only thing Cromartie does better than play corner is forget some of his 237 kids' names'. Leo had been a beast this year and so has Robey.

Safety - Us. No question.

Special Teams - Has to be them.

I'd say we're about even. The only thing that will matter though will be QB play. Whichever QB plays better and makes less mistakes will win the game.

GO BILLS!

Don't hate me but with Stevie and Woods out I'm putting $50 on the Jets

I've always thought that it makes sense to bet against your own team. If your team loses you get some money to soften the blow.......and if your team wins you don't care about losing the money.

That being said, I would have thought there were some better bets than the Bills/Jets game this week.

What does the negativity on the board hv to do with the point spread?

What makes you pretty sure Mario wants to feast on Geno?

Bills will prob win this game as they play better at home but the Jets are improving and hv the better QB at this time so I won't be surprised if the Jets win this game

I've always thought that it makes sense to bet against your own team. If your team loses you get some money to soften the blow.......and if your team wins you don't care about losing the money.

What if your team loses but covers the spread?

What if your team loses but covers the spread?

Good point. Does the US have a standard straight up bet? When I used to bet on the football over here(Australia) there was always the two options of betting(straight up and against a spread).

Good point. Does the US have a standard straight up bet? When I used to bet on the football over here(Australia) there was always the two options of betting(straight up and against a spread).

You can bet the money line to win but the juice isn't always the same and usually much higher when you lose where a bet vs the spread is always the same

For instance to win 100 you would hv to wager 110 with the spread but with the money line it depends on the matchup so could be much higher

Edited by Max997

I've always thought that it makes sense to bet against your own team. If your team loses you get some money to soften the blow.......and if your team wins you don't care about losing the money

It paid off very nicely vs. NO and KC for me :)

I'm not touching this game, though. Geno is the most inconsistent QB.

betting lines have very little to do with the actual strengths/weaknesses/records of the teams playing. they are there to get people betting. normally, home team gets 3, so you could interpret this as the Jets being favored by 2.

all that said, i'd take the Jets to win outright.

Bills getting hammered by the fans and press.

Jets getting bouquets of flowers by the fans and press.

In the todays topsy turvy NFL, you lean towards the team getting hammered all week. Especially when playing at home.

+1.

I think Bills are smart money to win this week. Jets roughed up Bills earlier in season, Bills coming off a stinker, EJ with something to prove against Geno, and I'm sure Marrone didn't like Rex out-coaching him last time.

WR - Us. We're more talented than them. Stephen Hill is a tall TJ Graham. Speedy but can't catch. Holmes and Stevie are about even. Robert Woods is better than Kerley. Goodwin has more upside than Nelson. And I loved Nelson.

Wow you obviously have a lot higher opinion of SJ13 than I do. But that aside, Woods is out, SJ13 is probably out, but if not at least crippled.

Random thoughts. Home field makes a bigger difference in this series than in some others, though I don't know why. The Jets are just as inconsistent as the Bills so trends are unreliable. Also the common opponents comparison makes no sense. The Bills narrowly lost to Cincy, and the Jets got killed by them. The Bills lost soundly to a great New Orleans team, but NO with key offensive players out didn't really show up against the Jets (and the Bills played in NO and the Jets played NO at home). The Jets narrowly beat NE, good on them for that, while the Bills as usual lost narrowly. Both teams have injuries. The Bills have made every team they've played feel like they fixed what was wrong with their running game, and Ivory must be thinking this will be his big day. With two rookie QBs and two pretty strong defenses it will be a game of capitalizing on mistakes. Can Byrd be a real factor for the first time this year? I think in the end the difference will be how well each team's offensive line plays, what schemes the coaches come up with, and turnovers. Like always.