Buffalo Favored (-1) vs. Jets

Wazzu Bill

Wow you obviously have a lot higher opinion of SJ13 than I do. But that aside, Woods is out, SJ13 is probably out, but if not at least crippled.

It's just as much about how little I think of Holmes. He is as crippled as Stevie but his best days are far in the past. SJ has been the only receiver in recent years to get the better of Revis regularly. He is lacking from a speed standpoint but his route running is best in the league in my opinion.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with SJ is that the Bills have paid him like, and tried to make him a #1 WR. He has never been that and will never be that. Im not saying if he is our only weapon that he cant get 1000 yards (ie. Brian Hartline last season). Stevie is similar to those guys around the league that are on the opposite sides of star wideouts.(BOLDIN, MIKE WILLIAMS, HARTLINE, DECKER TYPE GUY) Thats what he should be, but in Buffalo we always try and stretch backups into #1 starters

The problem with SJ is that the Bills have paid him like, and tried to make him a #1 WR. He has never been that and will never be that. Im not saying if he is our only weapon that he cant get 1000 yards (ie. Brian Hartline last season). Stevie is similar to those guys around the league that are on the opposite sides of star wideouts.(BOLDIN, MIKE WILLIAMS, HARTLINE, DECKER TYPE GUY) Thats what he should be, but in Buffalo we always try and stretch backups into #1 starters

SJ gave the team a serious discount as a #1 WR. He gets paid like a very good #2. A better example of a player getting #1 WR money and seriously under performing would be Mike Wallace.

SJ - 5yrs/36 mil

Mike Williams - 6 yrs/40 mil

Brian Hartline - 5 yrs/30 mil

Aqua Boldin - 4yrs/28 mil

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

SJ gave the team a serious discount as a #1 WR. He gets paid like a very good #2. A better example of a player getting #1 WR money and seriously under performing would be Mike Wallace.

SJ - 5yrs/36 mil

Mike Williams - 6 yrs/40 mil

Brian Hartline - 5 yrs/30 mil

Aqua Boldin - 4yrs/28 mil

He plays like a very good #2 too. SJ is not underpaid. Those guys are his peer group.

Edited by KD in CT

He plays like a very good #2 too. SJ is not underpaid. Those guys are his peer group.

I think he's better than everyone in that group but that is not my point. The poster said he gets paid #1 Wr money and he doesn't. He gets paid what a really good #2 Wr gets paid.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

I look at this game as the sort of game where the Bills just curl up and die. Ugly weather, physical team, key players out, bye week next week.

Crazy as it sounds they aren't quite dead yet for the playoffs - a win this week gets them within 2 of the Jets with a completely feasible path to 8-7 in front of them (with a 4-6 conference record and tie breakers over at least miami, baltimore, and probably the jets by that point if it shakes out that way). The other teams ahead of them who might have a shot at a WC have at least 3 or 4 conference losses as well and all of them have very difficult schedules ahead and/or play each other multiple times. Basically, if the Bills win Sunday and hold serve in the games they should win after the bye the field will come back to them. If they lose this week it's virtually impossible for them to pass the Jets and get enough conference wins to have a half a chance in a tie breaker against anyone else so they'd be done, not officially yet, but the math would get truly ridiculous.

Unfortunately, the Bills are 0-799 in these "If they can win this week they have a shot" games, including the last 2 weeks.

I look at this game as the sort of game where the Bills just curl up and die. Ugly weather, physical team, key players out, bye week next week.

Crazy as it sounds they aren't quite dead yet for the playoffs - a win this week gets them within 2 of the Jets with a completely feasible path to 8-7 in front of them (with a 4-6 conference record and tie breakers over at least miami, baltimore, and probably the jets by that point if it shakes out that way). The other teams ahead of them who might have a shot at a WC have at least 3 or 4 conference losses as well and all of them have very difficult schedules ahead and/or play each other multiple times. Basically, if the Bills win Sunday and hold serve in the games they should win after the bye the field will come back to them. If they lose this week it's virtually impossible for them to pass the Jets and get enough conference wins to have a half a chance in a tie breaker against anyone else so they'd be done, not officially yet, but the math would get truly ridiculous.

Unfortunately, the Bills are 0-799 in these "If they can win this week they have a shot" games, including the last 2 weeks.

Actually a win over the Jets would put us only 1.5 games behind them for the final playoff spot. Based on what is going on with all of these mediocre teams fighting for the last playoff spot I think if the Bills win out and get to 9-7 everything else will play out and we would get the 6th and final playoff spot. Just my two cents.

Seriously. We have a raw quarterback, our No. 1 and 2 WR out, an eternally hobbled CJ Spiller...

The D, as good as it is now, is going to be exhausted from being on the field, especially from the no-huddle.

The Jets are going to have to implode for us to win. Jets by 14.

I agree, and fully expect another 8+ punt game from Moorman. Things could get real ugly in town for EJ after this one, because I can't see him doing much with his top 2 WRs out facing the top run defense in the league. This isn't a sour grapes prediction - it's reality.

if the Bills win out

:rolleyes:

The weather should be nasty, swirling winds, alcohol-drenched fans howling, maybe lightning, wheels-in-the-sky, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse floating in over Lake Erie, an eclipse of the sun and moon, who knows what. In other words, a perfect day in the Ralph. Now let us all go pray before our blood-drenched idols for delivery from our bondage of losing to the Jets.

The odds makers are dispassionate and usually fairly accurate so maybe it's a pick 'em game, but I see a Jets team that has the slight edge in every single position except running back and has the more proven coaching staff as well. Honestly I felt more confident in beating the Chiefs than in winning this game.

How charming that someone still believes that point spreads have anything to do with what some "experts" think will actually happen on the football field. Point spreads are meant to do one thing: to take the body of bettors and divide them equally between the two teams so that the book will win either way. In other words, the point spreads are meant to reflect the opinions of the bettors.

My prognostication for this sunny, 60-degree, somewhat blustery afternoon...

New York State's only NFL team pounds the GangGreen all the way back to New Jersey...

Buffalo Bills - 46

New Jersey Jets - 0

In the words of Ted Kennedy back in 1980, "The dream shall never die!"

See you at The Ralph...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

13 and 7 baby!!!!! :beer: