Well as of right now we draft 6th

Kellyto83TD

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's tough to catch balls when your QBs suck. True story.

When I watch other teams, I'm struck by the athletic plays made by WR's on balls that aren't anywhere near hitting them in the numbers, and breaking tackles. If it doesn't hit our guys in the hands ( and even if it does ex. SJ 13) we don't catch it. And we don't break tackles, we get hit and fumble. True story. EJM stunk yesterday, but no team gets less out of its (mostly midget) WR's than the Bills. We truly stink at that position. We have a speed guy that can beat DB's on go routes. That's about it. The cupboard is bare as far as competing at WR in todays NFL. The one guy we had (Da'Rick Rogers) we let go. It's like we're trying to play '80's football.

The Bills need to trade down again. Unless some stud QB makes it to them it has to be the case.

Just look at how well it turned out for us this year (Kiko Alonso). Look at Dareus - after he was picked, there were numerous studs still taken after him who played other similar positions of need.. JJ Watt, Nick Fairley, Aldon Smith, Robert Quinn, Cam Jordan, etc etc. I love Dareus but if we traded back twice and got 2-3 more picks and ended up with Cam Jordan and just one other starter we would be a better football team right now.

We are not 1 or 2 player away from the playoffs or winning the division. We are 5-6+ players and better QB play away.

The Bills need to trade down again. Unless some stud QB makes it to them it has to be the case.

Just look at how well it turned out for us this year (Kiko Alonso). Look at Dareus - after he was picked, there were numerous studs still taken after him who played other similar positions of need.. JJ Watt, Nick Fairley, Aldon Smith, Robert Quinn, Cam Jordan, etc etc. I love Dareus but if we traded back twice and got 2-3 more picks and ended up with Cam Jordan and just one other starter we would be a better football team right now.

We are not 1 or 2 player away from the playoffs or winning the division. We are 5-6+ players and better QB play away.

+ 1

THis.

I agree with everything you said except your last sentence. I think a solid QB and upgrade at any one of the following: TE, WR, LG; and a winning attitude puts us in the playoffs.

We need one of those playoff odds things but for draft picks! ha

Just glancing at who has the same or worse record and it looks like the Bills have the easiest schedule left.

It would be nice if the Bills got the number one pick and could turn it into a trade scenario. Texans will surely take a QB.

So Bills need to hope they win a few games and the Bills blow all of them.

I was rooting hard for Minnie yesterday. Sad that it has come to hoping other sucky teams win more games then our sucky team.

When I watch other teams, I'm struck by the athletic plays made by WR's on balls that aren't anywhere near hitting them in the numbers, and breaking tackles. If it doesn't hit our guys in the hands ( and even if it does ex. SJ 13) we don't catch it. And we don't break tackles, we get hit and fumble. True story. EJM stunk yesterday, but no team gets less out of its (mostly midget) WR's than the Bills. We truly stink at that position. We have a speed guy that can beat DB's on go routes. That's about it. The cupboard is bare as far as competing at WR in todays NFL. The one guy we had (Da'Rick Rogers) we let go. It's like we're trying to play '80's football.

Perhaps I have revisionist memory here but my view all season has been that Woods makes the tough catches. With all the talk about how polished he is as a route runner, I've been surprised that it has been his hands that have impressed me the most.

Again.....perhaps I am not remembering all the plays correctly but in my view Woods looks to become minimally a solid reliable performer for us in the future.

I think Khalil will be a better pro.

I think Barr will IF he is put in a situation where he can be versatile (like with Pettine on Bills). Our DraftTek D-Line analyst sees no fall-off when Barr plays as a OLB43 or OLB34, making him a very early pick. Here we have him 3rd pick overall. The "Dif" column shows no diff between his primary position (OLD43) and a second position (OLB34), making him the most versatile player in RD1.

The same is true for Mack--no fall-off when he plays as a OLB43 or OLB34, and he just leaped from slot 24 to 15, but Barr is my choice if he's there at 6. He likely won't be, and Mack is a fantastic choice if Barr isn't there.

Big and strong is better than small and fast. That is true with just about every position in football. For WR, maybe one small fast guy to go long, but otherwise big and strong will do the team much more good.

I'm not much of a fan of waterbug backs either, but that is another rant.

I disagree with your last statement. I think if we had a good QB and a good LG, we would've made the playoffs this year

I disagree with your last statement. I think if we had a good QB and a good LG, we would've made the playoffs this year

I sorta thought your way awhile ago.

Now I'm thinking the Bills are desperate for a #1 WR (1)

They are desperate for a top reliable pass catching TE (2)

They are even more then desperate at LG. Plus, they sub'ed in a new RG in the last game, and the Bills have mediocre at RT. (3,4,5)*

Then the run stopping is still atrocious, an OLB like Khalil Mack would help. (6)

*This was after watching Gerald McCoy, and that 3-9 TB D line destroy the Bills O line. Isn't McCoy what the Bills thought they were getting when they drafted MD?

Edited by FeartheLosing

I was big trade down advocate in that draft.

I really liked Cam Jordan too. Trading down in that draft would have been ideal. However if you know those players are going to be there when you pick why trade up. That will go down as one if the best defensive drafts of all time.

Doesn't matter what the rest of the GM's were doing, the fact of the matter was that WE had no developmental QB and there was a guy there with unquestionable talent, character, skill set, leadership etc….just not height, and a very very high ceiling if he were to pan out. A lot of people knew this before the draft (See all of the threads at 2BD) and would have thought a 3 would have been fair value for, at WORST, Fitz #2 with a shot to be #1 within a season.

We had a need for a QB well above a gadget WR from a crap football program. That non-pick, for me, will forever define Nix as a GM. The more I like Wilson as a person/player…..the more angry it makes me. Nix should get a ring if Seattle wins it this year.

And it makes us even more dumber that not only we let Wilson out of our grasp, we also shipped Marshawn to that same team....We made them doubly dangerous!