Doug, we still can't wear our stuff

Tu-Toned

I was very excited when I heard Marrone tell us last summer that we should not

be embarrassed to wear our stuff. I dug everything that I had out of the closet.

I am now putting it all back. It might not be too bad for those living in Buffalo,

but for the rest of us, like me, especially living in Pittsburgh, it is dangerous.

Not sure how long that I can keep my cool if I do not, because the ragging is

that bad. I could cite you some fine examples from just yesterday as I am

making my way out of the stadium, but it is useless, and although some of the

comments were borderline obscene, until we can actually do something about

it, I just have to take it, but man I don't know how much longer that I can keep

doing this shite. I loves my Bills, and always will, but my confidence in them right

now has been shaken to the core, I mean geez, at least make the game competitive.

We all learned yesterday, just how far off this team is from really doing anything.

For the time being, maybe Doug should try to tame his expectations too, and from

here on out, and until I see real progress, I will be out there Incognito, for a lack of

a better term, I am tired of the abuse and false expectations. I know we need to give

him some time, but maybe he should have said something like, in a few years, you

will all be proud to sport your team's logo and colors. Obviously now, I am not. We got

our asses handed to us by a team reeling so badly that trade rumors were swirling

around their franchise QB.

Edited by Tu-Toned

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills could go 0-16 for a decade and I'd still wear my gear proudly.

Lanyard, cap, mini-helmet, jersey, steering wheel cover, license plate, etc.

Real fans represent.

I still wear my bills gear. No one bothers me. There is no reason to not wear bills gear

If anyone ever does start something, agreeing with them usually puts an end to it pretty quickly. When I come across someone who makes a comment, it usually goes something like this:

Other Person: "Bills??? HAHAHA, they suck man!!"

Me: "Yeah, I know...we've been schitty forever with no end in sight!"

Other Person: *crickets*

I constantly wear Bills hats and shirts out here in Denver. I've met several Bills fans that way. I have early 90's Zubaz and a Starter jacket that I break out on occasion. It mortifies my poor girlfriend though.

I have TWO pairs of Bills Zubaz pants, and my wife has assured me that if I ever choose to don them, she will not be seen in public with me. LOL I will wear them again some day though, just waiting for the right time. Hell, if the NFL didn't have such strict, asinine rules for bringing backpacks, bags, fanny packs, etc. into the stadium, I'd probably wear a pair to the Bills-Jags game coming up in December.

If anyone ever does start something, agreeing with them usually puts an end to it pretty quickly. When I come across someone who makes a comment, it usually goes something like this:

Other Person: "Bills??? HAHAHA, they suck man!!"

Me: "Yeah, I know...we've been schitty forever with no end in sight!"

Other Person: *crickets*

I'm also bigger then most people, so I have that going for me. Plus, I'm usually smiling and its hard to be a jerk to someone who is smiling.

+1. Having lived a good part of the 2000s in Pittsburgh, people felt more pity at us than mocking. I still wore my Bills t-shirts on Fridays, when the whole office was lit with Black and Gold!!!

Edited by ganesh

I live in California and wear my gear everywhere. Passed by an older lady in the grocery store Sunday morning proudly wearing her Bills tee. I smiled in my Bills hat and sweatshirt and said Go Bills to which she replied "beat the jets" nuff said imo

Edited by NorCalBillsSabres

I live in Indy and every football Friday the Mayor declares it "blue Friday" and everyone wears their Colts gear. I am the rebel and will put on my Bills attire. All the crap I get does not matter because I am still a diehard fan. Win or Lose.