Super Mario ?

Once again with the mentality on the board after a loss, it's like we are the Jacksonville Jaguars. Anyone who knows football knows sacks come in bunches, I didn't happen to catch the 1st half of the game today but with D-Line it IS much more then stats. Take into account double teams, plays to the other side, quick releases and the pocket sense of any given QB pass rushers can look different from week to week. Mario doesn't take games off, he is played differently each game and he still is high in the league with sacks. For the money we gave him he IS producing. You think D-coordinators aren't thinking about him when it comes to the Bills D? Stats are ALWAYS half the story, watching the game is the other and boy do people react on stats. TOP is absolutely destroying this defense and anyone who has watched a game or two can tell that. Statistically this defense hasn't improved but their play certainly has.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goes way beyond stats - give me a friggin break. They guy doesn't take plays off, he takes GAMES off. He didn't do squat last week (1 tackle) and was WORSE in this game. He is supposed to be a leader on this team and he puts forth an effort like this?

EJ's and Spillers stats sucked too - does it go way beyond stats for them as well??

really??? EJs stats sucked today? Not quite sure what statline your looking at. 20 of 28, 245yards, 2TDs, 0ints is far from sucky. In fact it's pretty darn good how accurate he was all game. And since I was there and I'm assuming you weren't, it was hurricane like winds all game and the completion % in this wind was nothing short of amazing.

really??? EJs stats sucked today? Not quite sure what statline your looking at. 20 of 28, 245yards, 2TDs, 0ints is far from sucky. In fact it's pretty darn good how accurate he was all game. And since I was there and I'm assuming you weren't, it was hurricane like winds all game and the completion % in this wind was nothing short of amazing.

Does anyone look at the dates of the posts they quote anymore?

Mario looked to give up on a couple plays to try to knock down a pass, but I did notice him as a good teammate taking double team specifically to let Kyle W get a huge hit of Geno today. He's playing great this year!

And he did knock down one pass to force 4th down!

lmfaooooo you do know he is talking about the steelers game... don't you?

Goes way beyond stats - give me a friggin break. They guy doesn't take plays off, he takes GAMES off. He didn't do squat last week (1 tackle) and was WORSE in this game. He is supposed to be a leader on this team and he puts forth an effort like this?

EJ's and Spillers stats sucked too - does it go way beyond stats for them as well??

20-28 with a 20 point victory isn't good? If EJ's stats "sucked" then your expectations are WAY off, man.

20-28 with a 20 point victory isn't good? If EJ's stats "sucked" then your expectations are WAY off, man.

LOL Old TImer- read the date of that post. It was last week after the Pittsburgh game! TODAY is November 17. "Super" Mario has now played 10 games against the AFC East since he's been here....3 sacks all against Miami. Barely visible today. I guess barely visible is better than invisible.

Edited by Azucho98

OK, no problem. I was bummed last week, too, but EJ is a rookie who will have good and bad games. Geno Smith was FAR worse today than EJ was last week. What was Geno's stat line? Something like 3 INTs and 2 fumbles?

i was messing with you because I did the same thing. I was banned last week at the time.

LOL at this post. Mario made one mistake the entire game and otherwise made it possible for Hughes and KW to have the impact he had. If you didn't notice the attention he garnered all day, you weren't paying attention.

GO BILLS!!!

Exactly. The Jets went out of their way to minimize Mario. In other news, Dareus had a terrific game.