REAL facts of EJ before injury and the QB's that filled in

Alphadawg7

EJ was not ready to play today. Maybe physically he was capable of playing but he was not ready to play QB. Either Lewis or Teul would have been better. Our coaching staff really makes a lot of poor choices. Hackett has to be the worst OC in the league.

CJ is really trying hard to win a first round bust label. If worked on his game half as much as he works his jaw with the opposing players he'd be all-pro. He is well on his way to being another Lee Evans, a flash in the pan, but no heart for the game. He can't even beat out an aging Freddy who is showing he doesn't have a lot left in the tank.

Maybe E.J. should not have been out there today.

Regardless of that, I want all your opinions about this.

When Tuel & Lewis were playing, it appeared to me that the coaches told them to go out there and win the game. Do whatever it takes.

Today with E.J. it felt a lot like he was being held back. Are the coaches still giving him baby steps?

Was E.J. too nervous to come back today? He looked very unsure.

It just felt like he was given strict orders to follow whatever play was called without improvising.

I could be wrong, but that's what it looked like. Thoughts?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe E.J. should not have been out there today.

Regardless of that, I want all your opinions about this.

When Tuel & Lewis were playing, it appeared to me that the coaches told them to go out there and win the game. Do whatever it takes.

Today with E.J. it felt a lot like he was being held back. Are the coaches still giving him baby steps?

Was E.J. too nervous to come back today? He looked very unsure.

It just felt like he was given strict orders to follow whatever play was called without improvising.

I could be wrong, but that's what it looked like. Thoughts?

No EJ just isn't that good.

Why in the world hold him back and tell the other tow to rip it? doesn't make sense.

I'm not sold on Manziel as an NFL QB with his helter skelter style of running around to make things happen. The #1 College QB prospect...not IMO.

that's fine, who do you like.

The point isn't whether or not Manuel is better than Lewis or Tuel, it's whether or not he's a franchise QB. It is fair to note that he is a rookie. Fine But the early returns are not promising. If I was in the Bills FO I would not be giving up on Manuel already, but I would still looking for a QB.

Yep they need to play Manuel out to see if he can get better but still draft one next year. We can't flounder through QBs every 3 years and pass on good ones because we "have" our guy.

Dallas had Aikmen and Walsh we should too.

I like Bridgewater, Mariota, Murray, and Thomas.

Murray is solid could be good or bad wouldn't take him in the first, probably third.

Thomas?

All day the shout box was littered with false statements of how bad EJ was prior to injury and that somehow Thad and Tuel weren't. Well, lets look at real facts to help refresh some perspective around here.

Total QBR before this game for each of our QB's.

EJ 42.2

Thad 19.1

Tuel 9.6

WOW...how can anyone say EJ was awful prior to injury when his QBR was more than double the next closest guy?

Facts:

-Won rookie of the week

-Led 4th quarter win by driving field under 2 min with no timeouts against the NUMBER ONE ranked PASS defense in the NFL (Carolina) and 3rd ranked D overall.

-Had us in position to beat Pats but penalties and dropped passes lost us that game

-Put 24 points in 3 quarters on Cleveland (tough D) and was driving for the lead late when he got hurt.

-Played solid in win over SB Champs

-Made some big throws in multiple games showing great touch and great arm strength.

-Has made plays with his legs

-Missed half of preseason as a rookie with injury

-Missed half regular season as a rookie with knee injury (something both physical and psychological to overcome and trust again)

-EJ Wins - 2...Thad and Tuel COMBINED wins - 1 (and Tuel lost a game where EJ was playing well and driving us late for the lead and came out with a pick 6 to seal the loss)

Yes he played bad today and in the Jets game. But he played good enough in the first 5 games he appeared in to show he is a better option than anyone on this team and someone worth developing and letting him play this season out and build on his career.

VERY FEW ROOKIE QB'S COME IN AND LIGHT THE NFL ON FIRE. Patience people...patience. Time will tell what he will or won't be, not this stupid game against the Steelers.

This looks like a BuffaloBills.com press release. Or maybe EJ's agent.

"24pts and driving for the lead" in Cleveland makes it sound like the injury was the only reason he didn't put up 30+. They had 17 & were driving when he got hurt; 3 of which were gift-wrapped on a turnover, and 7 on a 50yd Spiller run. Now that's maybe the last game I would criticize him for but as long as you're sticking your nose out about getting facts right, it might be a good idea to try that yourself.

10 for 24 vs B'more = "solid". Sure, thank heavens for a billion Flacco picks and well, playing like Flacco plays in the regular season.

Of course he has shown flashes. Almost every QB in 2013 shows flashes. Has a played a really good game or not? He really hasn't. There is a lot of room between making an occasional play and "lighting the league on fire".

Yep they need to play Manuel out to see if he can get better but still draft one next year. We can't flounder through QBs every 3 years and pass on good ones because we "have" our guy.

Dallas had Aikmen and Walsh we should too.

Murray is solid could be good or bad wouldn't take him in the first, probably third.

Thomas?

Logan Thomas VA Tech.

Well seeing as Fitz QBR last year was some where around the 80 mark & the good QB's in the league are some where around the 80 mark & higher i would then say yah he sucks !!

Sorry i call it as i see it . Didn't get it when they rafted him where they did , didn't get cutting Fitz & paying him any way to pick up Jackson for a draft pick just to get rid of him then bring him back to cut him again , & then the best thing seems as though the trade for Thad !

Go Figure . Such is life when you are a Bills fan :wacko:

really? He's huge but even more inconsistent than EJ, I would pass there.

For a latter pick I'm still high on Casey Pachall, has all the tools and with his past behind him he could turn out to be the next Foles.

Can't comment on him since I haven't watched him at all.

Well seeing as Fitz QBR last year was some where around the 80 mark & the good QB's in the league are some where around the 80 mark & higher i would then say yah he sucks !!

Sorry i call it as i see it . Didn't get it when they rafted him where they did , didn't get cutting Fitz & paying him any way to pick up Jackson for a draft pick just to get rid of him then bring him back to cut him again , & then the best thing seems as though the trade for Thad !

Go Figure . Such is life when you are a Bills fan :wacko:

This is patently false.

Manuel was a 1st round pick. Compare him to other first round picks to be fair. Or how about 2nd or 3rd round picks? Comparing him to two undrafted players with as many career starts combined as Manuel is not a fair comparison.

Not exactly, the only fair comparison is other QB's that have played for the BIlls. makes all the difference in the world. Anyone could see that. The one constant is that they played with the Bills players. People so overrate so many of our players, I don't know why. The only fair way to compare EJM and say, Geno Smith would be to have Smith play with the Bills players or EJM with the Jets players.

This looks like a BuffaloBills.com press release. Or maybe EJ's agent.

"24pts and driving for the lead" in Cleveland makes it sound like the injury was the only reason he didn't put up 30+. They had 17 & were driving when he got hurt; 3 of which were gift-wrapped on a turnover, and 7 on a 50yd Spiller run. Now that's maybe the last game I would criticize him for but as long as you're sticking your nose out about getting facts right, it might be a good idea to try that yourself.

10 for 24 vs B'more = "solid". Sure, thank heavens for a billion Flacco picks and well, playing like Flacco plays in the regular season.

Of course he has shown flashes. Almost every QB in 2013 shows flashes. Has a played a really good game or not? He really hasn't. There is a lot of room between making an occasional play and "lighting the league on fire".

No one would say he's lighting the league on fire, but then again not all NFL TD"S are scored on 80yard drives either. Can't discredit every drive the guy ever made that wasn't 80 yards. Didn't the win vs MIA come on a "gift wrapped" FG. Gotta have perspective...

EJ looks scared out there. I am afraid he may be more like Jonathon Scott Then Richie incognito. It's almost like he is scared when he passes the ball. He tries to get rid of it as fast as he can. That is why he locks onto one receiver. I hope I am wrong. I don't think so though.

EJ looks scared out there. I am afraid he may be more like Jonathon Scott Then Richie incognito. It's almost like he is scared when he passes the ball. He tries to get rid of it as fast as he can. That is why he locks onto one receiver. I hope I am wrong. I don't think so though.

I am guessing you meant jonathon Martin, not Scott. And if so, your analogy is in poor taste.

No I don't think he's ever looked scared to me. Rusty, confused, timing off but scared? No way. Neither has Lewis. Tuel looked absolutely terrified out there to me, @ CLE and on the goal line VS KC. Definitely looked scared to me. EJ or Lewis? Not a chance...

Yeah, I meant Martin and it is not in poor taste, maybe Mike Williams would be a better comparison. I don't see the heart in EJ. I saw more heart in Lewis than EJ as a matter of fact,

No I don't think he's ever looked scared to me. Rusty, confused, timing off but scared? No way. Neither has Lewis. Tuel looked absolutely terrified out there to me, @ CLE and on the goal line VS KC. Definitely looked scared to me. EJ or Lewis? Not a chance...

He's afraid to throw downfield. He's capt. checkdown part two.

Yeah, I meant Martin and it is not in poor taste, maybe Mike Williams would be a better comparison. I don't see the heart in EJ. I saw more heart in Lewis than EJ as a matter of fact,

He's afraid to throw downfield. He's capt. checkdown part two.

Can't win with just heart, though I don't question EJ's. If it only took heart, tebow would be the best. Lewis is athletically limited. EJM looks like a better athlete to me. I'll see if he can't do it before I would turn to Lewis. Then I'd get ready to draft a 1st round QB because Lewis is not going to be a Romo or Warner.