No excuses left

Virgil

Well you are incorrect. There are plenty of excuses. No where near running out. The question do you pull the plug on EJ after a handful of games and half the season injured? Easy to say draft someone but all you are doing is putting quarters on a slot machine. You give every QB a couple of game then the hook?

PTR

Amen.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no excuses for a professional to lack in basic skills and fundamentals. Case Keenum has thrown 8 TDS and 0 picks in 2 games.....He's confident when the ball comes out of his hand. EJ is not confident throwing the ball. That's an issue. Confidence is tough to learn. He may have it off the field or in the huddle....But not during that exact moment when he throws the ball. Just sayin.

It's definitely not a lack of confidence that is EJ's problem. He may or may not 'suck', but we won't know for sure until they begin to loosen the reigns on the play calling. Hackett needs much more of the attention right now. His amateurish game plans should be getting plenty of criticism.

There are no excuses for a professional to lack in basic skills and fundamentals. Case Keenum has thrown 8 TDS and 0 picks in 2 games.....He's confident when the ball comes out of his hand. EJ is not confident throwing the ball. That's an issue. Confidence is tough to learn. He may have it off the field or in the huddle....But not during that exact moment when he throws the ball. Just sayin.

Of course, Keenum has boatload of offensive talent, including a borderline HOFer at WR. Still, I agree with your point. My question continues to be, how is he being prepared for games? Are the Bills still hell bent on being a running/short yard passing team no matter what? Are they really giving him a chance to develop as a downfield passer? So far it seems like the answer is no, so hard to lay all the blame at EJ's door.

Edited by KD in CT

I was not surprised at all by what happened today and anyone who is was kidding themselves. I said going in I expect somewhat of a regression from EJM, and that a win vs PIT on the road would tell me more about the Steelers than the Bills. I flet going in the Steelers were probably better than their record, the Bills probably a little worse. That team has won too much and has too proud of a tradition to lose at home to the current Bills. Our skill position guys are consistently overrated, and we are still soft on the OL and DL, really the defense overall. There is a reason the Jets can win vs N Orleans while getting basically the same day at QB from Geno Smith( 8of 19,115 yds) as we got today. Worse, even. They are better than most teams at blocking and tackling, and can cover for crappy QBing while still winning games. That is a sign of a team on the way up. We are not there yet, folks. We don't win the LOS vs many teams (we have vs KC for about 5 years now for some reason), and cannot survive a day like today at QB.Who made plays today? Couldn't run worth a damn. We were even out-punted. All that noise about being so improved is bunk. We may have a few shiny new skill position toys, but are deficient at blocking and tackling. The real component of winning football. Be prepared for another trip to the woodshed vs Jets next week. They are flat out mauling people on the LOS. The coaching staff showed their inexperience again today, with Nate Hackett returning to form after a one week improvement. The playoffs were out of the picture after New Orleans, so any of that run the table talk was crazy. EJM may well have better games ahead (hard to imagine worse) but it won't be vs Rex Ryans Jets. We still don't know about our QB, but this OL and defense aren't good enough to be a playoff team, either. When we get hit in the mouth by a physical team, we still slink away. Bad, but not truly surprising.

I wonder if they can win more than two games the rest of the season? The Jets, Fins and NE games seem like sure losses.....the Falcon's could "get healthy" against the Bills - at least that wouldn't shock me. They should beat the Buc's and Jag's but now I don't feel so confident. Does 3-13 get the Bills a top 3 pick?

Well you are incorrect. There are plenty of excuses. No where near running out. The question do you pull the plug on EJ after a handful of games and half the season injured? Easy to say draft someone but all you are doing is putting quarters on a slot machine. You give every QB a couple of game then the hook?

Yeah! We don't need another QB. Jeff Tuel is so awesome we don't need competent backups! Our basket is full of EJ Manuel eggs! No room for any more QBs! Lets pass on the richest QB draft in years because slot machines...something or other!

All moot points if the Cracker would have pulled the trig on Russell Wilson - 134.6 Passer rating today. It's honestly a !@#$ng disgrace that we did not take this kid with a 3rd round pick when EVEN I could see he had something special. With every week that our QB situation kills an otherwise playoff team, this kid just gets better. This will hurt for 15 more years.

oh...and

TY Hilton - 7 catches 130 yard

Graham - 1 Rec. 5 yards.

This. Sigh.

Keep drafting one until we get it right. I don't care about "wasted draft picks." Until you get a franchise quarterback they are all wasted pics. Talent going to waste all over the field.

Why bother drafting the best pass-rushing OLB in the draft (or insert your favorite non-qb position) if your QB will only lead you to a 6-10 season?

+ 1

I'm afraid we're left with not much at QB after the Buddy Nix regime.

I wonder if they can win more than two games the rest of the season? The Jets, Fins and NE games seem like sure losses.....the Falcon's could "get healthy" against the Bills - at least that wouldn't shock me. They should beat the Buc's and Jag's but now I don't feel so confident. Does 3-13 get the Bills a top 3 pick?

3-13 should get you in the top 5 for sure. Jags won today, so top 3 might be possible

PTR

No way.... EJ plays every snap he can the rest of the season. They've gotta decide what they've got.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Yeah! We don't need another QB. Jeff Tuel is so awesome we don't need competent backups! Our basket is full of EJ Manuel eggs! No room for any more QBs! Lets pass on the richest QB draft in years because slot machines...something or other!

Okay, we can draft a QB next year too. Then what do you do with EJ? Cut him? Might as well because you are going to want to play your shiny new toy and you don't want any lingering bad vibes.

Whoever we pick better hit the ground running because it's obvious we have zero patience to let any QB develop. That's why I made the slot machine comparison. We want to hit a jackpot and if we don't we keep pulling the lever.

PTR

Okay, we can draft a QB next year too. Then what do you do with EJ? Cut him? Might as well because you are going to want to play your shiny new toy and you don't want any lingering bad vibes.

Whoever we pick better hit the ground running because it's obvious we have zero patience to let any QB develop. That's why I made the slot machine comparison. We want to hit a jackpot and if we don't we keep pulling the lever.

PTR

Well, fortunately the fans aren't making the pick. I think the Bills will have patience with EJM, maybe even too much, but they will be sure before they decide to move on. I'd be very surprised otherwise.

No way.... EJ plays every snap he can the rest of the season. They've gotta decide what they've got.

EXACTAMUNDO!

If it wasn't obvious before today it's obvious now. Marrone is not playing to win. He's playing to see what EJ can do. EJ takes every snap the rest if the season barring injury.

Well you are incorrect. There position plenty of excuses. No where near running out. The question do you pull the plug on EJ after a handful of games and half the season injured? Easy to say draft someone but al are doing is putting quarters on a slot machine. You give every QB a couple of game then the hook?

PTR

It is not a matter of chance. Desperation made ej a high pick, not his actual ability to play the position. Tuel can play the position but lacks the physical talent to do so adequately. Ej has tools but has no feel for the position. You do not need to wait on a guy who never produced in college for that same lack of feel for the position. His replacement at fsu is a qb, not just a good athlete.

EXACTAMUNDO!

If it wasn't obvious before today it's obvious now. Marrone is not playing to win. He's playing to see what EJ can do. EJ takes every snap the rest if the season barring injury.

Marrone IS playing to win, so he's got to see what EJM can do as he is the best chance on the roster to win. You're not winning anything with Lewis or Tuel, so you've got to see if EJM can do it. If not, they need to get another QB.

It is not a matter of chance. Desperation made ej a high pick, not his actual ability to play the position. Tuel can play the position but lacks the physical talent to do so adequately. Ej has tools but has no feel for the position. You do not need to wait on a guy who never produced in college for that same lack of feel for the position. His replacement at fsu is a qb, not just a good athlete.

What did EJM not produce in College. A national championship? He had a pretty good record, I believe.