Official Second Half Thread: Week 10, Bills at Steelers

Beerball

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it, but EJ does not look ready. He's our QB and I hope he can become good, but I was not a fan of the pick. So many QB's have come in out of college and played well from day one. I have yet to see EJ play well. I hope he gets better, but I have seen nothing so far. Some people give him credit for good games earlier this year, I didn't see it. He made a couple nice plays, but it takes more than that. He has a long way to go. Question is, will he get there?

this

Jeez folks calm down... EJ has not laced them up against live action in 4 weeks, he is a rookie and frankly the O-line did not do him any favors today. EJ was rusty on his passes yeah, but something resembling a running game would have helped him a lot. With the drive starts we had at the beginning of the game this team has to be able to run the ball. The team was playing in Pittsburgh so did anyone think we were going to get any calls going our way like when Goodwin got mugged for the "interception" to seal the game...

Obviously, they need some improvements along that offensive line to establish the run, and EJ needs to get better throwing the ball. If the playoffs are not in the works then they need to take the training wheels off the cart and let EJ throw it - interceptions be-damned. If Woods is healthy, I would stake our receiving core of Woods, Goodwin, and Easley against the competition and throw it up and let them fight or outrun their man for it.

There is no point in conservatism at this stage of his development, and you do not need to worry about salvaging a season that was unlikely to produce a winning record. Let the boys play.

Edited by ColdBlueNorth

Another year where week 11 is meaningless. What happened this year to think we would have something to be excited about in Weeks 11-17? That was an absolute embarrassment. That team was smoked by NE last week and they just smoked the Bills....god awful effort.

EJ was erratic in college, just like he is now/ has been all season.

Ya he was plus EJ wsn't really known for having a strong arm but by golly Buddy Nix was determined to draft a quarterback. So he drafted one. He's gone and the Bills are left holding the bag of pretend NFL quality quarterbacks. If this kid can be coached up to passible (note I did not say good) do we even have the coaches to do this ?? The long list of "fails" continues at One Bills Drive.

Jeez folks calm down... EJ has not laced them up against live action in 4 weeks, he is a rookie and frankly the O-line did not do him any favors today. EJ was rusty on his passes yeah, but something resembling a running game would have helped him a lot. With the drive starts we had at the beginning of the game this team has to be able to run the ball. The team was playing in Pittsburgh so did anyone think we were going to get any calls going our way like when Goodwin got mugged for the "interception" to seal the game...

Obviously, they need some improvements along that offensive line to establish the run, and EJ needs to get better throwing the ball. If the playoffs are not in the works then they need to take the training wheels off the cart and let EJ throw it - interceptions be-damned. If Woods is healthy, I would stake our receiving core of Woods, Goodwin, and Easley against the competition and throw it up and let them fight or outrun their man for it.

There is no point in conservatism at this stage of his development, and you do not need to worry about salvaging a season that was unlikely to produce a winning record. Let the boys play.

The running game is getting stuffed because no teams respect our passing game. The O-line didn't do that bad. No excuses. There is no rule that says you can't play well after missing 4 games. EJ needs to be better. No excuses.