I absolutely LOVE Doug Marrone

I swear to God I just logged in after hearing his interview on WGR this morning and was going to start a thread with EXACTLY the same title.

http://audio.wgr550....rone-on-wgr.htm

His passion for the game and understanding of how important this team is to the area is unbelievable.

He is the modern day, young Bill Parcells....

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only that his entire future in the NFL is resting on this HC ing job if he fails miserably with the Bills he won't get another chance at a HC ing position.

Just look at Greg Williams coordinator material , Mularkey well he had his second chance & blew it !

But the more i hire & see of Marone the more i like !!

GO BILLS !!!

lets see how you feel if the Bills keep their losing close games over the next 7 weeks.

not saying its gonna happen ... just covering the bases

This upcoming game result is big, IMO. It means more than the outcome of games against strong teams like New Orleans or KC. There have been built in excuses for a lot of recent losses. With the possible exception of the Browns, the Steelers are likely the most vulnerable opponent the Bills have faced this season. If they don't find a way to win games like this one the ability to play teams tough becomes a tendency to play down to the level of competition and find ways to lose.

Its all about the W's Ladies and Gents.

Now, let's not try and create some revisionist history here ...

The difference between Marrone's first 1/2 of his first season and Gailey's is like night and day.

I'm not trying to defend Coach Gailey here by any means. But, lets not revise history too much. I recall in Coach Gailey's first 1/2 of his first season there were a lot of close games. The overtime loss to Baltimore. An overtime loss to KC. A 3 point loss to the Bears. The SJ Pittsburgh "the drop" loss. Then in the second half of the season we went 4-4. Then in the first 7 games of 2011 we were 5-2. Ws in 9 out of 15 games. Of course, then the wheels fell off. My point, close games and a few wins mean nothing. You gotta put a whole season together.

I neither LOVE nor HATE Coach Marrone. But I do hate the losing. His post game interviews are better, I'll give him that for whatever it's worth. But the Ls are piling up. Half of our losses were by 10 points or more. We were in 'em, but a game is 60 minutes, not 50 or 58. That's the way bad teams lose games. Not by getting blown out every week, but playing close and blowing it. Tampa Bay totally blew 1 vs Jets in week 1 and were up 21 - 0 over Seahawks to come back and lose in OT. Rams were in it with Seattle til the last play. So what?

The team does seem to be playing better especially on D. I give Coach Marrone full credit.

Losing close games has a lot to do with the coaches decision making during the game. I feel he is failing there.

Not on bandwagon. Have not seen sufficient reason to get on.

Edited by reddogblitz

I only see a different mentality on the defense side of the ball. Pettine and his scheme gets the credit for that not Marrone. This team also has a lot more talent than we had 3 years ago. Marrones hire also fell in line with the GM hitting on some draft picks giving us immediate impact. IMO Marrone is riding coattails off of a variety circumanstances. But our record still sucks.

Don't you think the head coach has a say on draft day? It is his plan the team is executing and they draft accordingly. You make it sound like he wasn't even present that day.

As for riding coattails, I guess the Harbaugh brothers, Pagano, Tomlin, et al must have done the same.

There is a different attitude with this team. It starts with the head coach. Give the guy some credit.

Essentially 3 rookie qb's have started in 9 games and we've been competitive typically til the last drive of the game against the NFL's best teams. Through the first four he had 4/5 of his secondary out- counting the nickle. To even be in the games is impresssive, falling short gets old but to pretend we should be winning these games, your kidding yourself. Coaching "decisions" aren't getting us beat- not having a #1 WR, not having your starting QB- and RB makes it tough for anyone put that with the missing secondary. Record is different with your players

Edited by CardinalScotts

Does Marrone get the credit? I mean what does he do to deserve it? Pettine is one of the best defensive coaches in the game so I give him a lot of the credit. I don't see what goes on behind the scenes on a day to day. Maybe Marrone does a lot or maybe he does nothing. I guess I'm just not sure if he deserves all of the praise he has been receiving or if it's actually Pettine's D that is keeping this team competitive

have you ever played football before, at the team level? You have to have a quality head coach....if not everything unravels.

Now, let's not try and create some revisionist history here. Gailey's Bills started 0-8 and nobody was posting about how much they "loved" Chan. Furthermore, Gailey was known by all to be a "nobody else wants him" hire and, as is human nature, we as fans were trying to get behind him the best we could.

The difference between Marrone's first 1/2 of his first season and Gailey's is like night and day.

Oh, and Marrone hired Pettine.

Talk about revisionist history!! I was against Gailey from the start and all I got for it was post after post defending the guy. With incredulous stories about how the first year was a wash because this new GM - HC need to evaluate the players. Nix stated "we are not that far away" and 8 losses later the owner does his P&P thing.

It turns out that Marrone - Whaley have made some of almost the same stupid mistakes that Gailey - Nix made their first year with both the QB position and O line. Colin Brown = Cornell Green all day, any day! Trent Edwards vs no viable experienced backup QB.

Gailey finished 2010 at 4-12, and it is a possibility that Marrone still might do the same(3-6). I gotta wonder if everyone will still love Marrone if he doesn't correct the play calling and Hackett gets all his QB's on IR by week 15.

Don't you think the head coach has a say on draft day? It is his plan the team is executing and they draft accordingly. You make it sound like he wasn't even present that day.

As for riding coattails, I guess the Harbaugh brothers, Pagano, Tomlin, et al must have done the same.

There is a different attitude with this team. It starts with the head coach. Give the guy some credit.

Jim Harbaugh took over a very talented team (built on many drafts and many losing seasons which he did not have to endure). John Harbaugh inherited the best defense in the NFL and perhaps one of the best of all time. Tomlin inherited one of the best run organizations (front offices) in the NFL with a team (talent level) in its prime. Oh yeah and that defense too.

So yes there are lots of coattails. Just like Andy Ried and the Chiefs today.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Does Marrone get the credit? I mean what does he do to deserve it? Pettine is one of the best defensive coaches in the game so I give him a lot of the credit. I don't see what goes on behind the scenes on a day to day. Maybe Marrone does a lot or maybe he does nothing. I guess I'm just not sure if he deserves all of the praise he has been receiving or if it's actually Pettine's D that is keeping this team competitive

Pettine works for Marrone. Marrone hired him. Marrone gets the credit.