I absolutely LOVE Doug Marrone

Not only do I love how he has kept this team in every single game this year, I love EVERYTHING he says off the field. He really gets the whole Buffalo vibe and not only does he take losses personally, he genuinely wants to get this team to the next level for the fans and the city. This is the first time in a looong time where I have full confidence in a coach restoring glory to the Bills. He seems like he is on a mission and won't let anything stand in his way to accomplish it. You don't play solid football, we'll find someone to replace you. THIS is something I have not seen in these parts in forever.....

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Marrone get the credit? I mean what does he do to deserve it? Pettine is one of the best defensive coaches in the game so I give him a lot of the credit. I don't see what goes on behind the scenes on a day to day. Maybe Marrone does a lot or maybe he does nothing. I guess I'm just not sure if he deserves all of the praise he has been receiving or if it's actually Pettine's D that is keeping this team competitive

Does Marrone get the credit? I mean what does he do to deserve it? Pettine is one of the best defensive coaches in the game so I give him a lot of the credit. I don't see what goes on behind the scenes on a day to day. Maybe Marrone does a lot or maybe he does nothing. I guess I'm just not sure if he deserves all of the praise he has been receiving or if it's actually Pettine's D that is keeping this team competitive

Pettine's D didn't put up over 400 yards of offense against KC last week.

Pettine's D hasn't established a dominant running game when every opponent knows the Bills have green QBs.

The whole team is playing hard and tough -- it starts at the top. There's no reason not to give Marrone credit for what this team looks like.

Still have to assemble the staff and find coaching talent.

I have been impressed with how competitive the team is each week especially with the turnover at QB and in the secondary. The last few years if Gilmore and McLovin were out that was a guaranteed blowout loss by 55 points.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the day he was hired by Brandon they asked Marrone in what direction he wanted to go for a defensive coordinator and a few hours later they were on a plane to go visit Pettine. Give the guy credit for having a plan and getting what he wants. He's a motivator and whatever he was selling to Pettine that day was well received. He employs an energetic and competitive approach to football that is respected not only by the coaches and fans but, more importantly, by the players who play for him (and each other) every Sunday. So your Pettine answer is really due to Marrone's success in wooing him to Buffalo. I'm pleased with all of our coaches. Perfection is not possible...but young coaches become salty/knowledgeable coaches quickly in the NFL.

Who hired Pettine?

For someone to get so pissed that he does not even want to pet his own dog is all I needed to hear. And to those who do not think Marrone is responsible for the attitude on this team, come on, this guy exudes confidence and will not settle for mediocre play. It starts at the top and believe you me, it is running through this entire team like a freight train. I can't wait to see how this team fills out after another draft under the new regime. You will see attitude from rounds 1-7, book it.

Edited by BuffaloBaumer

Pettine's D didn't put up over 400 yards of offense against KC last week.

Pettine's D hasn't established a dominant running game when every opponent knows the Bills have green QBs.

The whole team is playing hard and tough -- it starts at the top. There's no reason not to give Marrone credit for what this team looks like.

SO TRUE...

As frustrating as it has been watching games this yr, this is CLEARLY a different football team. We have been in every game in a QB driven league with the likes of Thad Lewis and Jeff Tuel... It kills me we didnt keep a real backup QB when they banked on Kevin Kolb as that guy which is probably more a front office decision than the head coach. If we had a competent backup that could just "manage" the game, we would be above .500.

Also, having CJ gimpy for most of season, it has really limited our running game. With EJ and BOTH Freddy and CJ on the field, it just opens up soooo much more. We need that 1-2 punch of CJ and Freddy. Freddy is a great RB but can not "be the guy" on his own. He doesnt possess that breakaway speed that scares a D so they can load the box on him. When CJ is healthy, Freddy is MUCH more effective cuz hes more the change of pace back with CJ needing to be the lead guy.

I am really excited to see EJ back and hopefully will grow with the WR corp which is starting to shape up and guys seperating themselves on the depth chart. Hopefully (if healthy) Goodwin not TJ Feathersone Graham is on field is 3 WR sets with Stevie and Woods. These 3 are CLEARLY the 3 best WR on team and combined form a solid trio and all have very different skill sets which is whats needed on a good WR corp.

For a rookie coach to have the go 3-4 guys deep at QB and have CJ being a non factor for basically half the games this yr, i think hes done best he can with what he has to work with.

The Pettine hiring was exactly what this D needed. This a top 10 D now that the secondary is getting healthy.

Now is time EJ has to prove he;s the guy cuz we have the tools around to succeed.

No offense to Pettine, but the defense looked pretty bad at the beginning of the year.

lets see how you feel if the Bills keep their losing close games over the next 7 weeks.

not saying its gonna happen ... just covering the bases

I would not change a thing, and looking at the schedule, I have a feeling this team is going to be winning in double digits for at least 4.

Given the field, Marrone was the right hire for the job, and I like his attitude. However, he needs to learn to make better game day decisions so that the L's turn into W's. The team needs to learn how to win and cannot afford to outplay an opponent, like KC, and end up losing the game.

Given the field, Marrone was the right hire for the job, and I like his attitude. However, he needs to learn to make better game day decisions so that the L's turn into W's. The team needs to learn how to win and cannot afford to outplay an opponent, like KC, and end up losing the game.

In his defense for the KC game, I believe the 3 and goal call was perfect and a lucky, lucky fall by KC defender turned that play into a disaster.

Not to rain on anyone's parade...but so many loved Chan Gailey at first also.

Its all about the W's Ladies and Gents.

Don't get me wrong, as I like the guy too. I happen to like Mike Pettine more tho :D

Now, let's not try and create some revisionist history here. Gailey's Bills started 0-8 and nobody was posting about how much they "loved" Chan. Furthermore, Gailey was known by all to be a "nobody else wants him" hire and, as is human nature, we as fans were trying to get behind him the best we could.

The difference between Marrone's first 1/2 of his first season and Gailey's is like night and day.

Oh, and Marrone hired Pettine.