Looking forward to Pittsburgh

TPS

LOL they are not my style either - never been to Fatheads but sounds like a good place!

They are a mini chain of microbreweries that started in Pittsburgh. Their award winning Headhunter IPA is great and they have several other very good beers. And they usually have beer on cask/firkin which I love. They put a brewpub in Cleveland before I moved away and now also have a production brewery there. I'm heading back in a couple of weeks for a homebrew beer judging event hosted at the production site. That should be a lot of fun. I'm hoping they put one out this way to Buffalo soon, too.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are a mini chain of microbreweries that started in Pittsburgh. Their award winning Headhunter IPA is great and they have several other very good beers. And they usually have beer on cask/firkin which I love. They put a brewpub in Cleveland before I moved away and now also have a production brewery there. I'm heading back in a couple of weeks for a homebrew beer judging event hosted at the production site. That should be a lot of fun. I'm hoping they put one out this way to Buffalo soon, too.

I live in Columbus and work for a company HQ in Pitt... so odds are good I will be able to hit one of them! Thanks for the tip!

Both teams are angry.

Should be a good game no matter who wins. If we don't turn the ball over more than once, I think we pull out with a W thanks to our D.

But there's a difference. One team is angry because they dominated a football game and let it slip away. The other team is angry because they've been B word-slapped more often than not this year.

I've tried to stay out of the prediction business with this team for the most part, but the more I think about it the more I believe we will be celebrating a double-digit Bills victory Sunday afternoon at around 4 p.m.

But there's a difference. One team is angry because they dominated a football game and let it slip away. The other team is angry because they've been B word-slapped more often than not this year.

I've tried to stay out of the prediction business with this team for the most part, but the more I think about it the more I believe we will be celebrating a double-digit Bills victory Sunday afternoon at around 4 p.m.

I think the easy prediction is whoever wins the TO battle wins the game.

Pittsburgh's defense is 31st against the run; Buffalo's offense is 6th in the run game. This bodes well for an away game--more running, less passing.

Pittsburgh's strength on offense is the passing game under Roethlisberger, but they've also given up 31 sacks. Buffalo's pass-D has improved with Byrd and Gilmore back..

They should be able to win this with either EJ or Lewis at the controls.

The Bills match up well with the Steelers .

It would not surprise me if they win it, more so with EJ back.

They will miss Woods tho as I think he was becoming EJ's fav target.

Edited by Bufcomments

The Bills match up well with the Steelers .

It would not surprise me if they win it, more so with EJ back.

They will miss Woods tho as I think he was becoming EJ's fav target.

I agree... they were always on the same page. But the good news is that we should be able to run the ball enough to open things up for EJ to hit the TE or slot if not Goodwin deep. The passing game may not be huge this week as that is the strongest part of Pitt's D esp with Taylor playing but hopefully EJ can get it going enough.

I think the easy prediction is whoever wins the TO battle wins the game.

I believe whenever most people are making game predictions, they are made under the assumption that things like turnovers or injuries can alter the result drastically. At least that's how I look at it.

In this weekend's game my opinion will not change if the Bills are even or -1 in the TO battle. If they are -2 or worse, that certainly changes things.

FWIW, there is a big Steelers fan in my office that I just talked to about the game. He said if the Bills even play an okay game, they will win on matchups. Steelers' secondary is garbage and o line is garbage. Ben has lost a step but doesn't realize it yet. Bills can exploit it with their typical pass rush and decent down field accuracy by EJ.

Conventional Wisdom

On the surface, this should be a Bills win. But the talking heads and fans look at it this way:

• The Bills are the Bills and will find a way to lose and the Steelers are the STEELERS and will win because of that alone.
  • Over the last few years the Bills have only disappointed and no one will pick them to win (except we die hards) until they start to do just that.
  • As far as the Steelers go, no one can believe their eyes - the mighty Steelers with a losing record!! Well that can happen when you get old and sustain critical injuries and you don't man your OL with better players.

So Sunday comes down to who will show up: The old or new Bills and the old or new Steelers. If the old versions play - bad news for us, but if we play to our talent level (we actualy have more than the Steelers), we should win this one!

I get a little irked because we get no props - but at 3-6 you don't DESERVE any. Most of us believe we're better than we've shown, but 3-6 is all that counts! We need to start winning. I think an 8-8 record will be very likely.

Someone posted that all the espn experts pick the Steelers this weekend. Why? - See Conventional Wisdom above.

Don Banks at cnnsi picks the Steelers 24-13. Next to that prediction he writes only about how bad the Steelers have been. Not one word about the Bills, yet he says Steelers 24-13! We gotta start winning - that's the only road to respect in the NFL.

I live in Columbus and work for a company HQ in Pitt... so odds are good I will be able to hit one of them! Thanks for the tip!

Great! Hope you like it. I heard Cbus was getting a Melt Bar and Grilled, too. Short North on High I believe. My favorite sandwich is The Popper with turkey added. I can't imagine the calorie/fat content, but it's awesome. The wife loves The Godfather.

And I miss the Nachos at Barley's.

Edited by BarleyNY

Conventional Wisdom

On the surface, this should be a Bills win. But the talking heads and fans look at it this way:

• The Bills are the Bills and will find a way to lose and the Steelers are the STEELERS and will win because of that alone.
  • Over the last few years the Bills have only disappointed and no one will pick them to win (except we die hards) until they start to do just that.
  • As far as the Steelers go, no one can believe their eyes - the mighty Steelers with a losing record!! Well that can happen when you get old and sustain critical injuries and you don't man your OL with better players.

So Sunday comes down to who will show up: The old or new Bills and the old or new Steelers. If the old versions play - bad news for us, but if we play to our talent level (we actualy have more than the Steelers), we should win this one!

I get a little irked because we get no props - but at 3-6 you don't DESERVE any. Most of us believe we're better than we've shown, but 3-6 is all that counts! We need to start winning. I think an 8-8 record will be very likely.

Someone posted that all the espn experts pick the Steelers this weekend. Why? - See Conventional Wisdom above.

Don Banks at cnnsi picks the Steelers 24-13. Next to that prediction he writes only about how bad the Steelers have been. Not one word about the Bills, yet he says Steelers 24-13! We gotta start winning - that's the only road to respect in the NFL.

But they drafted Decastro and from the talk in here last year he alone should of made their line the greatest line ever! ha

Just goes to prove the value of OG. There are a luxury not something you build your team around. Ask Tenn in a year or two how they like Andy's contract.

These teams feel like polar opposites of each other - one proud, perennial playoff team on the decline with older players and decimated talent, and one upstart team of young, talented guy trying to learn how to win. One with an established,veteran 2x SB winning QB and one with a fresh rookie in his 6th game. I hope the Bills can tire out the Steelers D with the fast paced, ball-control offense. NE was able to run the ball on them into the 4th which really seemed to demoralize the Steelers who had hung with them until then. I expect some great defensive game-planning from LeBeau, but he has done that every game and they have only managed to win 2... which I think is mainly due to their lack of run D and inability to put up points. Now that Heath Miller and Bell are back it helps out Ben tremendously. But I expect our defense to give Pitt a taste of their own medicine and Pettine have his own schemes dialed up. I expect it to be another close one. 21-17 BILLS.

Great! Hope you like it. I heard Cbus was getting a Melt Bar and Grilled, too. Short North on High I believe. My favorite sandwich is The Popper with turkey added. I can't imagine the calorie/fat content, but it's awesome. The wife loves The Godfather.

And I miss the Nachos at Barley's.

I have heard all about Melt from my coworkers in Cleveland... I didn't know we were getting one but the Short North would be the place for it! The Nachos at Barleys are the best I have ever had... I won't order them anywhere else because I will inevitably be disappointed.

I watch a lot of Steelers games and follow them pretty closely as my wife is a fan. (Thanks NFL Rewind!). What's above is accurate with the exception that one of the guys that can still play is a franchise QB. Roethlisberger can keep them in a lot of games and shouldn't be overlooked. Their offense lacks any other real weapon, though. Brown is a good WR, but he's not a deep threat. Miller is a stud all around TE, but he's coming off injury and Bell is pedestrian. He can log carries, but doesn't have break away speed. Getting Adams off the line was helpful and the OL can run block, but pass pro has been a real problem. Lastly, Haley is the OC and he's not been good.

The defense is still run by Lebeau, but he doesn't have the horses to pull it off these days. Heyward replacing Hood at DE has helped, but the DL hasn't been keeping the LB as clean as they used to. That has been an issue with the ILBs and Polamalu against the run and on play action. They seem to be overplaying the run (because they need to) and getting caught on play action. OLBs have not put a lot of pressure on QBs either. Consequently their pass defense has suffered at times even without the play action issues.

Their specials have had issues in coverage and punting. They dumped their punter and picked up another one a week or two ago. Their FG kicker is good.

I see the Bills taking this one unless they are totally out-gameplanned or EJ has trouble shaking off the rust or can't go. Run the ball and use play action especially as the game goes on. Hit Roethlisberger early and often and keep him from working any magic. Bell won't beat you, but he can.

I like Cotchery too. Both him and Brown are tough smart receivers who picked up some characteristics from Hines Ward before he retired. Neither one is the world's greatest athlete but they have great instincts and can really get their hands dirty. This will be a great matchup to watch Gilmore scrapping with them.

As for Ben, yeah he can still play. But I don't think he's the same guy when he doesn't have the horses around him. He has a tendency to press too much and gets himself in trouble because of it. His habit of holding the ball is likely to create real problems for him against this defensive front. Right now he's creating almost as many problems as he's resolving. I hope this is the week he finally walks over to the sidelines after a series and punches Todd Haley in the face.

And good point about their STs. Thoise units have had gremlins in them for the lat 15 years.

Scouting Report - Week 10

The Buffalo Bills will travel to Pittsburgh for a Week 10 match-up at the Steelers on Sunday, Nov. 10.

Top 3 Individual Matchups

1 – Kyle Williamsicon-article-link.gif vs. Ramon Foster – Williams had one of his best games last week penetrating into the backfield. Foster might need some assistance in handling the Buffalo Pro Bowl DT down in and down out.

2 – Aaron Williamsicon-article-link.gif vs. Heath Miller – Miller is a size mismatch for most and a security blanket for Roethlisberger in the passing game. Williams has been asked to handle tight end assignments before and will need muscle up with the big pass catching target.

3 – Stevie Johnsonicon-article-link.gif vs. William Gay – Johnson figures to be an even more frequent target with Robert Woodsicon-article-link.gif unlikely to play Sunday. Gay leads the Steelers with five pass breakups on the season