This Team Stinks

Storm Front

You had me at $20 mil below the cap.

There is zero correlation between cap space and wins. There is, however, a direct correlation between teams with a first year head coach and cap space.

Case-in-point...the teams with the least cap space are:

NY Giants

Minnesota

St. Louis

None will get a sniff of the playoffs this year.

Spend money wisely, not just for the sake of spending it.

PS, I freaking love this thread title. Kudos to the OP who had the balls to say what 90% of Bills fans are thinking right now.

Just because you feel one way doesn't mean that 90% of fans feel the same. The black-or-white mentality of people, both on this board and in all of life, is positively disturbing.

Whether EJ is a franchise QB remains to be seen. This team reminds me of the one from 1987 when the team was young and lost so many close games. You have to admit the defense is getting better and more consistent each week, especially since so many injured players are coming back. When I watched todays game and it was three and out for the Chiefs on their first series I never worried much the rest of the game. Its the offense that is hard to watch. Too many missed chances, too many dropped passes, too many bone head interceptions or fumbles. If EJ is the man then there should be some wins in the next seven games. There are a lot of players drafted this year who are making contributions. I think the future may be bright. We will see.

Pragmatic and sensible...I agree with all of this.

We know most fan boards are loaded with the elite of the elite fans. Of course most TBDers fit the bill. I bet 90% of TBDers are agreeable with you. That's okay, we are here to talk you off the ledge, & to put the Kool Aid down.

Right...someone has to either be a "Kool-Aid Drinker" (which I find to be a mind-numbingly silly term by the way--not that anyone cares) or a "Realist". No possibility exists that there's a middle ground between the unrealistic "We're going to win the Superbowl" fans and the "We Suck" fans?

I'd like to think I'm quite the middle-ground fan this year: we're a more talented team than in previous years, and we have a player in the fold right now that at least has the potential to be a franchise QB. We are also a team that looks prepared to play every opponent on a weekly basis, despite the injury-necessitated revolving door at QB, which to me says that it's a well-coached team.

But that take doesn't fly with you, for some reason that I cannot understand.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoy watching this team play. Like watching a baby take their first steps. It's not pretty, but it's entertaining.

The only problem is that it's cute when it's a toddler, but this baby is thirteen years old and starting

to grow a stache.

Edited by Tu-Toned

Bears from the 1, second down: And that was a perfect demonstration of how you run the ball from the 1. I hope Hackett is watching.

Bears also scored one where they had a bunch or WRs outside and the QB was in the shotgun. But it wasn't a pass, it was a draw. Sweet.

When you get on the goal line you gotta have a good play that's designed for that. Like the one I mentioned. Or, where you bunch everyone in and run it up the gut 1 or 2 plays in a row and then on the next play, fake the hand off and the TE sneaks into the EZ. Or you put your speedster back in and you pitch it out to him and he races everyone to the pylon. We don't have plays like this. I don't understand it.

moral victories aside :sarcasm: yes since their record indicates that they suck. you won't hear an argument here. I just hope they can win a few games straight down the stretch so we can long for next years team. but right now 14 yrs and counting.

This team does not suck. It is young and at the present time hampered by having its first two qb's out of commission. Had Tuel completed the one yard pass, put a little more on one long pass and a little less on another, had one not held on Bird's return for a touchdown, we'd have had a freaking blowout. The game was not hard to watch from a football point of view. The defense looked good, and the running game was very good. Tuel gave it all he had. I have been a bills fan since 1960 I know suck. I know Vern Bullough suck, Dick Jauron suck, Chan Gailey Suck, Kaye Stephenson suck and Joel Collier suck. Probably a few more sucks that I'm missing or have repressed. These guys are rebuilding and will get six or eight wins. They will go to the playoffs next year. A little patience please.

Today's game was tough to watch. I rarely get to watch the Bills play live on Sunday afternoons. I guess I am not missing anything. I'm not going to let them ruin any more Sunday's this season, though. The Chiefs weren't even that good yet they won by two scores. The Bills are just putrid.

It is certainly your prerogative not to watch. Not sure we watched the same game, however.

I hate this franchise.

Feel free to go away if thats the case.

The Jags stink....The Bills....Can't say that at all. What I see on the field in all three phases of the game does not equate to stinks.

To say that "This Teams Stinks" is nothing but hyperbole.

Far from "stinks". What I see is a team within a play here and there of being 6 and 3 instead of 3 and 6. Definitely heading in the right direction. I expect that by the end of the year the true potential of this team will be on display. Have not been able to say that for a long time.

Today's game was tough to watch. I rarely get to watch the Bills play live on Sunday afternoons. I guess I am not missing anything. I'm not going to let them ruin any more Sunday's this season, though. The Chiefs weren't even that good yet they won by two scores. The Bills are just putrid.

Ok, see ya

Girl, don't go away mad. Girl, just go away.

Whether EJ is a franchise QB remains to be seen. This team reminds me of the one from 1987 when the team was young and lost so many close games. You have to admit the defense is getting better and more consistent each week, especially since so many injured players are coming back. When I watched todays game and it was three and out for the Chiefs on their first series I never worried much the rest of the game. Its the offense that is hard to watch. Too many missed chances, too many dropped passes, too many bone head interceptions or fumbles. If EJ is the man then there should be some wins in the next seven games. There are a lot of players drafted this year who are making contributions. I think the future may be bright. We will see.

There's some resemblance to the 1987 team, but the problem we now have is that 1987 was before free agency. In 2013 you have to develop faster before your roster turns over.

This team has a lot of talent. If they keep the talent they have and add to it this off season, they're a playoff team next year. This is also assuming that E.J. Manuel develops into a good quarterback. The Bills easily beat the Chiefs with a good quarterback. I have been very pessimistic about his team for much of the last 13 years, but I am finally seeing a team that has talent and is competitive. I see a bright future