Release Tuel

Nyghtewynd

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. He is a rookie free agent QB. Yes, he lost this game, but he did some good as well. Cut TJ. That kid is dead to me. He and two Tuel decisions lost this game.

No he did not. The game was tied after the pick 6. The game was lost by the TJ fumble. This Tuel lead team also produced the most amount of offense for this season.

Edited by cklapka

No he did not. The game was tied after the pick 6. The game was lost by the TJ fumble.

The Tuel pick was worse. The game went from 13-3 or 17-3 to 10-10 because of that play. The Bills had the Chiefs dead to rights at that point. KC also scored points off an earlier Tuel pick. He was the main reason for the loss today.

No he did not. The game was tied after the pick 6. The game was lost by the TJ fumble. This Tuel lead team also produced the most amount of offense for this season.

Most yards against possibly the best Defense in the NFL....or a top 5 at least.

if a game going to 10-10 is when we lost the game, this team has much more serious problems than a rookie inexperienced QB.

Look, i am by no means trying to sell Tuel as a franchise savior, but he looked more (and less) in the mold of an NFL QB than i have seen on the bills in a long time. He did some things well, and some things horribly....and that is no surprise given his experience level.

Most yards against possibly the best Defense in the NFL....or a top 5 at least.

Least points of the year for the offenses and most for the opposing defense. Bills offense 13 - KC defense 14

Edited by dubs

I agree. We were on the field for over 30 minutes, converting a lot of 3rd downs. If the chiefs don't return tuel's pick for a TD, then no one is even talking about him. If graham doesn't fumble, then we all would be saying he had a solid game.

We ran the ball like gangbusters today and that's why we should have won easily. Tuel was 18-39 for 229, 1 td and 2 picks. Everyone is acting like he lit the world up minus the pick 6. Without the Goodwin TD, we're all taking about one of the worst Bills QB performances in recent history. And that's with gems from Trent, JP, and Holcomb to choose from just to name a few.

This thread is why I'm not here as much as I used to be. Its hard reading what people have to say who really don't understand the ins-and-outs of the game of Football. Ugh.

Tuel was fine. We knew he would throw INTs. If you were expecting a Brees-like performance you are nuts. He managed the game well. The D played well. Drops, turnovers and mistakes by EVERYONE on the team is the reason for the loss. Tuel's INT at the goal line was tough because it was a 14 point swing, but those things happen to a guy making their first NFL start. He was not the only reason for the loss. He played a fairly good game IMO. You learn from your mistakes and move on. He isn't here to be the starter. He is here to be a backup and he played like a backup. He put us in good spots more often than not.

^^^^THIS^^^^^

But you have to admit, it can be pretty freakin funny if you come onto the board with the proper mental state! My suggestion: sign out, go imbibe your favorite attitude adjuster, and sign back on. I assure, you, it really is hilarious!

The Tuel pick was worse. The game went from 13-3 or 17-3 to 10-10 because of that play. The Bills had the Chiefs dead to rights at that point. KC also scored points off an earlier Tuel pick. He was the main reason for the loss today.

The game did not end on that play ... and you have no idea what KC's game plan would be if they were down by 10 or 14. And the 2 teams tried the game again later in the game. Did that play suck, yes. Did it cost the Bills the game, no.

We ran the ball like gangbusters today and that's why we should have won easily. Tuel was 18-39 for 229, 1 td and 2 picks. Everyone is acting like he lit the world up minus the pick 6. Without the Goodwin TD, we're all taking about one of the worst Bills QB performances in recent history. And that's with gems from Trent, JP, and Holcomb to choose from just to name a few.

The worst Bills QB performance in recent history? He hasn't even had the worst performance this year.

The last three weeks, Thad Lewis posted these numbers:

1) 234 yards 1 TD, 1 INT, 3 fumbles, 4 sacks

2) 202 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 4 sacks, 3 fumbles

3) 216 yards, 1 TD, 5 sacks, 1 fumble

EJ Manuel had this stat line against Baltimore: 167, 1 TD, 2 INTS, 2 sacks, 2 fumbles.

But Tuel should be cut in his first start? Okay.

The worst Bills QB performance in recent history? He hasn't even had the worst performance this year.

EJ Manuel had this stat line against Baltimore: 167, 1 TD, 2 INTS, 2 sacks, 2 fumbles.

Do you watch the games or just look at the stat line? In all those examples, which QB looked like they only know the lob pass? Which QB accounted for zero offensive fourth quarter points? Which QB had 250 rush yards to help them and still lost. Which QB threw a pick six on their goaline.

We would have won this game with Thad or EJ and you know it. Blindly admiring Fuel is as bad as those consistently bashing him.

We're you at the game today? Not trying to be a dick but that single play completely changed the whole "mojo" of the game. It completely deflated the crowd. If we go up 14 there, the place is wild the next possession. The D really seems to feed off the energy of the crowd and there simply was none after that play. It was a glaring reminder of Tuels shortcomings and was pretty much like a kick to the junk. His play greatly declined after that sequence. Missed guys left and right and had obviously lost confidence. Not good qualities in a QB.

He played as well as I expected. He didn't fumble for the TD. And that pick was blown coverage that was such dumb luck I can't stand it.

This x1000. Tony Dungy just said the same thing on NBC's "Football in America" pre-game show. The idiot Chief who got the pick-6 made a bonehead stumble at the LOS and left his man (Stevie) wide open, and then wound up getting a gift from Tuel.

Total plays Bills 77 to KC 44

Bills with 38 rushes for 241 yards rushing against that #5 KC defense. Bills RB's averaged 6.3 YPC!!

Now why the eff is Tuel throwing it 39 times? Tuel 18 of 39 for 229 yards one TD, 2 INT's.

Spiller, 12 attempts for 116- FJax, 16 attempts for 77. Bills with 38 rushes for 241 yards rushing against that #5 KC defense. Bills RB's averaged 6.3 YPC!!

Why on gods green earth is this un drafted FA rookie QB throwing so many times in his first NFL start ?

Edited by FeartheLosing

I really believe that Tuel with experience is another Fitzpatrick. Smart guy who can be accurate in the short game. Doesn't have enough strength and accuracy for the long ball.

We need more than that. With that being said, I don't think anyone is thinking Tuel is the future of the Bills. Hence why is is our third string.

Give the guy props for an undrafted rookie making plays against an undefeated Chiefs team. I feel Manuel and Lewis are a better fit for what the Bills are trying to do.

The Bills are trying to build on speed. Graham, Goodwin, even Wood got behind some guys. They need a QB that can outthrow their receivers.

That's Manuel, and when he returns and get's enough experience under his belt, I truly believe this team will do some great things.

Edited by dezertbill