Tuel to start

KikO M G

As someone who watched Tuel at WSU, I would like to offer some hope for the QB results today. Tuel was a good college QB and his three biggest attributes were smarts, elusiveness and his touch on both short and long throws. These are all things that Hackett needs to capitalize on, and that, based on my assumption that Tuel has a strong comprehension of the playbook, he may need to loosen the reins a bit to see. Tuel read the defense well in college and was able to make a surprising number of changes at the line in his last year. If he gets pushed out of the pocket, his foot speed and ability to place throws on the run serve him well. If the D breaks coverage, he seemed to see the field very well and consistently found open receivers. The guy is not perfect, but if he is the Bills starter today they could do a lot worse.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Game going to come down to turnovers. Tuel needs to manage the game and avoid making them against the NFL's best. This defense needs to step up today and take over the game.

If the game comes down to turnovers it would be a miracle result for Bills.

As someone who watched Tuel at WSU, I would like to offer some hope for the QB results today. Tuel was a good college QB and his three biggest attributes were smarts, elusiveness and his touch on both short and long throws. These are all things that Hackett needs to capitalize on, and that, based on my assumption that Tuel has a strong comprehension of the playbook, he may need to loosen the reins a bit to see. Tuel read the defense well in college and was able to make a surprising number of changes at the line in his last year. If he gets pushed out of the pocket, his foot speed and ability to place throws on the run serve him well. If the D breaks coverage, he seemed to see the field very well and consistently found open receivers. The guy is not perfect, but if he is the Bills starter today they could do a lot worse.

Thank you for the positive words! It's officially Tuel Time so we have to rally behind the guy. Even though he was playing bakups in preseason, he did show some of these attributes then. Even in Cleveland I recall a very nice deep ball to TJ Graham, perfectly placed against double coverage. Graham just let it slip out of his hands. The Bills posted something on Facebook about how CJ looks like his old quick self again. And if that's true, it's an asset he and Hackett MUST take advantage of. If we can get the ball moving on the ground, it should open up enough holes in the passing game for Tuel to make a couple of plays. And that's really all we need. I'm confident in our defense against their offense.

Thank you for the positive words! It's officially Tuel Time so we have to rally behind the guy. Even though he was playing bakups in preseason, he did show some of these attributes then. Even in Cleveland I recall a very nice deep ball to TJ Graham, perfectly placed against double coverage. Graham just let it slip out of his hands. The Bills posted something on Facebook about how CJ looks like his old quick self again. And if that's true, it's an asset he and Hackett MUST take advantage of. If we can get the ball moving on the ground, it should open up enough holes in the passing game for Tuel to make a couple of plays. And that's really all we need. I'm confident in our defense against their offense.

Also like to say thanks for the upbeat tone in regard to Tuel !

I was telling my son how much i would love to see Jeff redeem himself by showing off what he was doing at St John Fisher.

Go Bills

If the game comes down to turnovers it would be a miracle result for Bills.

It would also be another bad sign for the Bills. KC is something like +20 in takeaway/keepaway (as Marv used to say). Bills might be + 2 or somewhere in that range. Advantage Chiefs.

Positive viewpoints on Tuel are rare at TBD - just wanted to say thanks. FWIW, Tony Romo was a UDFA as well.

Also like to say thanks for the upbeat tone in regard to Tuel !

I was telling my son how much i would love to see Jeff redeem himself by showing off what he was doing at St John Fisher.

Go Bills

We'd all like to see that, but looking decent vs Bills backups with a red vest on is quite different than facing live NFL bullets. The guy looked scared vs CLE and laid a major egg. Not what you want to see from a QB. TL showed in his 3 starts that while he may not be an elite athlete, he's one tough S.O.B. A team can follow that lead. Tuel looks softer than baby poop and the team must see that. The guy really needs to show something major early in this game to win the confidence of his team. It doesn't look like he has it in him.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the breakdown. If he can function well enough to limit negative plays and keep KC from selling out on the run, we'll have a chance. I hope Hackett looks to establish a little something in the passing game early via play action to keep the box open for Freddie and CJ.

For all his attributes during college, he did not win a lot there. And the NFL games is on another planet speed-wise. Hoping for the best but won't be surprised in the least with a blowout

Right. He was on a bad team in college. His drop back/release is very slow by NFL standards. Look for several turnovers and a probable blowout if he's in the game an appreciable length of time.

We will definitely see what Hackett is worth in this one.

I put this one on Pettine and the D. The D needs to play the game of the year. They need to step up and play like they're capable. It's a home game against a below average offense. Now's the time to show us what you've got.

Against that nasty KC D I don't see the O putting up more than 14 points if the Bills D doesn't get some turnovers setting up easy scores.The ST needs to get in on the act and have some big plays too. Basically the team needs to pick the O up.

Right. He was on a bad team in college. His drop back/release is very slow by NFL standards. Look for several turnovers and a probable blowout if he's in the game an appreciable length of time.

you must be fun at parties !

I know the situation. Most all of us do.

I am rooting for Tuel to manage the game.

My only REAL concern is that he can be protected against the nasty ole Chefs front

This mess belongs at the doorstep of the Bills brass for letting TJax go and sticking with Kolb and Tuel. The story line that they didn't want to spread the reps to three players was simply a lie.

Take the Bills and the points in the first half. KC less the points in the second half. KC and under for the game.

Hope some of you took my betting advice. We see this picture year after year.