Bills sign another to the 53 man roster

I had not recalled hearing about that alleged murder. So I looked it up.

Here is a bit of info on it:

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Jim-Dunaway

Encyclopedia > Jim Dunaway

Jim Dunaway was an American college and professional football player. A defensive tackle, he played college football at the University of Mississippi, and played professionally in the American Football League for the Buffalo Bills.

[/url]

Murder Charge and Aftermath

In 1998, his ex-wife, Nonniel Dunaway was found dead in a half-empty pool. An autopsy revealed that she had a fractured skull and was unconscious when she was placed in the water by her assailant where she drowned. Prior to this event, Nonniel had won a divorce judgement which gave her more than 800 acres of property that the couple owned, $1800 a month in alimony and half of Dunaway's NFL pension. They had been divorced since 1995 and Dunaway was planning to appeal.

Dunaway was charged with her murder but a grand jury chose not to indict Dunaway of the charges. In response, his children filed a wrongful death lawsuit, alleging that Dunaway was responsible for their mother's death. In 2002, Dunaway was found liable and ordered to pay $579,000 to his children.

Ironically, Dunaway had been a teammate of O.J. Simpson for three seasons.

What an insult to the great Jeff Posey....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it me, or does this team seem to have an addiction to UDFAs?

I love the fact that they've brought in a lot of guys in just 8 weeks. They give them nice, long 2-3 week auditions to evaluate them.

I think this is a great approach to finding that "diamond-in-the-rough as opposed to giving a person a 3 hour workout.

I really don't feel like you can really judge a player by working them out on a Tuesday for a few hours.

You really want to see how they can be coached, how quickly they pick up and retain concepts and techniques, etc.

IMO this is best done over the course of a few weeks, not a few hours.

In an aside, I'm quite disturbed to hear that Bruce took Dunaway's number and then killed his wife. If these rumors are true then I'd be in favor of giving the new kid Bruce's old number.

• 2 weeks later...

and another bucket list item accomplished: watching Canadian college football.

Thanks for linking.

Observations:

1) Man amongst boys(t).

2) Plays with better pad level on obvious running downs, needs to play low on all downs.

3) Has decent hand useage and short-area quickness.

4) Has a little mean streak.

Pretty happy with this signing. I think our player personnel department is a lot more proactive than the last one. It seems at least like through 10 weeks this year there've been a lot more transactions than in years past.