Going to Nov 3 Chiefs game. R 1 year olds Free if on lap?

COACH85

We're bringing our clear bag that we got at Fed Ex Field from when we went to see the Bills-Skins game this summer.

We had front row seats on the second level and it was AWESOME and no issues at all although it helped it was an Exhibition game and no one sitting in front of us. LOL

After all the feedback we're thinking of selling our 7th Row seats in the lower section 30 yard line on Stub Hub and buying Club Level seats instead.

Good choice when its 48 degrees out your wife wont make you leave and she can be in a nice comfy chair and also have cleaner bathrooms. I do this for all the sabres / panthers and lightning games we go to. I understand if you have season the major cost difference but its a once a year or less expierence the price adjustment is worth the better expierence.

Edited by GoBills!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, because we love the Bills and want to go to a Bills game WITH our son.....Seriously.

I'm surprised by the few negative comments about bringing a 1 year old. All the fans of the professional sporting events we've gone to in the D.C. area have been very supportive of our kid being there wearing the home team clothes. I have to believe most Bills fans would show the same support.

If he's not bothering anyone and watching the game with his parents, whats the problem? Life doesn't stop because we have a 1 year old. I'll be sure to tell you how great of a time we had at BOTH the Bills and Sabres games after our return back home. Don't hate little kids based on their age, you might be surprised of how much better behaved they may be compared to a few adults attending the same game. LOL

There's also the question of whether bringing a 1 yr old is even safe. I live near Tampa and have gone to Lightning games when the Sabres are in town, and the arena is ridiculously loud. Not necessarily the fans, but the announcer, the music, sound effects, etc. Like uncomfortably loud for me as an adult male. That can't be good for a baby's developing ear drums. I think many people are questioning you because of the safety factor and also because a 1 yr old is not going to even know what's going on, as far as enjoying the game and the experience of it all. My first Bills game was when I was 6, and I only have a few flashes of memory about it. You might be rushing this with your child, more for your benefit than his.

Bring ear protection for him.

+1...that noise will be hard on his tender ear drums. Makes me a little nervous for you bringing the little man to the game. Hopefully it all works out and likely will. Just be careful, it gets pretty crazy there.

Edit: Very good idea posted by no Saint below:

it seems you are 100% set on bringing him - to get back to the original question about whether a ticket is needed ---- maybe getting the third seat would help with some of the issues being discussed? More space for you and the people around you, an area that could be a little buffered in case you end up next to someone sloppy drunk, or a big guy that leaves you feeling crowded.

Edited by jaybee

After all the feedback we're thinking of selling our 7th Row seats in the lower section 30 yard line on Stub Hub and buying Club Level seats instead.

This would be best.

It sucks that it's this way, but it is, so you should prepare accordingly. Hope you and your family have a safe, fun time! Make sure you let us know what the experience was like.

So now we're lazy and selfish parents because we want to take our 1 year old to a game with us?

Hmmmm, that's a new one. :)

Oh, by the way, maybe we should stop going to weekly Sunday Mass too because our child might make a little noise or blurt out a little something during a service that is suppose to be very quiet?

Nah, we'll fly with him in our normal seats for FREE quietly for our 1 hour flight AND take him to both games, AND still take him to church on Sundays. The best part of it all, WE'RE GONNA HAVE A GREAT TIME regardless of peoples comments or opinions AND we will be sure to respect the rights and privileges of the people around us as well at all places.

You really should. Allow the child the chance to choose his or her own religion when they're old enough to understand it, don't do it for them.

The Ralph isn't an airline, not sure you will get in at all. Nor, that you should......I would not take a 1 year old to the Ralph in November, weather may be nasty, not to mention the crowd. And, the fans are very much up and down for big plays, it won't be sitting and watching with him on your lap....it will be up and down dozens of times. I would not do it.....our family usually waits until children are about 9-10 before going, and then we do a preseason or warm Sept game.

Try Goat island if you are doing a quick stop at the Falls, can see both Canadian and American Falls from one stop.

Edited by bigK14094

Find other arrangements for your child! Its no place for kids under 12!

I agree. I'm nearly 50 and the drunks have ruined going to games for me. I hate it. Watching a game with drunken fools in every direction is no fun, and no place for a baby.

To the OP, I feel like this is an old ICE style trolling going on here.

If you are actually bringing a kid to the Ralph, club seats are a better idea than being in the lower bowl. Especially with unruly fans and weather in the 40's. You are better off with club seats due to a tamer crowd in that section and the ability to go inside and watch the games from a TV should the weather be too brutal.

To the OP, I feel like this is an old ICE style trolling going on here.

If you are actually bringing a kid to the Ralph, club seats are a better idea than being in the lower bowl. Especially with unruly fans and weather in the 40's. You are better off with club seats due to a tamer crowd in that section and the ability to go inside and watch the games from a TV should the weather be too brutal.

This, I'd agree with.

I don't know that it's trolling; the guy seems genuinely enthusiastic. I do just wonder how much a 13-month-old can get out of the game. He certainly won't remember it, and a football game is a bit more overstimulating than a baseball game.

count on 6 hours with interruptions of feedings, diaper changes and lots if crying of they are not used to large crowds. plus holding the kid for 3 1/2 hours in the stadium. and fitting in adult potty breaks

that can't be said enough

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

count on 6 hours with interruptions of feedings, diaper changes and lots if crying of they are not used to large crowds. plus holding the kid for 3 1/2 hours in the stadium. and fitting in adult potty breaks

that can't be said enough

We've been through it before 6 times already, I think we can handle it. Now if I was by myself without the wifey, THEN we might have a problem. :) WE'RE PUMPED FOR NEXT WEEKEND FULL OF SABRES AND BILLS!!!!!

I've brought my kids to Bills games and things have been mostly fine. As they've gotten older they have understood the strange behavior of many fans due to pure game drinking, etc. and still manage to have a great time at the game. And yes, I'm pretty sure you can hold a 1 year old and not need another ticket.

Amazing how some folks will get aggravated by a small child kicking a seat (you're not at the opera) but generally accept the language and drunkenness that is commonplace.

I agree. I'm nearly 50 and the drunks have ruined going to games for me. I hate it. Watching a game with drunken fools in every direction is no fun, and no place for a baby.

I think the problem people are having with statements such as the one you quoted is that people freak out when OBD attempts to make rules that may reduce the level of drunken idiots. Obviously, at that point OBD is just trying to ruin their fun. But attempting to have a family friendly environment is considered just craziness. People "should just leave their kids at home". Maybe it's because they know it won't change, or what, but its just nonsensical to hear the words "Don't bring your kid to the game, the drunken idiots might be bothered/bother him/her" I'm guilty of tailgating myself but I agree it is just out of control there sometimes. I would love to take my nephew to games but the crowd turns me off quite a bit to that. Sabres games are much better, I genuinely wonder why...probably the tailgating aspect.

I've brought my kids to Bills games and things have been mostly fine. As they've gotten older they have understood the strange behavior of many fans due to pure game drinking, etc. and still manage to have a great time at the game. And yes, I'm pretty sure you can hold a 1 year old and not need another ticket.

Amazing how some folks will get aggravated by a small child kicking a seat (you're not at the opera) but generally accept the language and drunkenness that is commonplace.

Who said drunks are accepted? The topic is little kids at at games. Have a kid kick your seat for awhile and see how you like it, regardless of where you are.

Having drunks at the game is an unfortunate given, which is why I didn't bring my son until he was in high school. I'm a big guy so usually a dirty look from me gets them to settle down. But it's no fun having to deal with it. I would support breathalizer tests at the gate. I can't understand why people would spend hundreds of dollars on a game, and feel they have to drink so much before a game that they come in half in the bag. Then they keep going back and forth getting more beer and missing the game. Can't people enjoy a sporting event without getting drunk? The guy in front of me at the Cincy game was so drunk he had his head hanging between his legs for the 4th quarter like he was going to pass out.

I haven't been to RWS in over 10 years, so I can't speak to the experience there. I have been to Paul Brown stadium in Cincy and RCA Dome and Lucas Oil many times, as well as many college games with lots of "Rowdies." There are always kids around the age there, but I always sit in the club seating areas so don't know about others. I have never been to game in bad weather since I moved from Buffalo, so can't comment on that. But there are lots of places in those stadiums to take little ones if they don't want to sit. I would just see who is sitting around you and go from there. The OP didn't ask whether we think he should bring his child.

I think the problem people are having with statements such as the one you quoted is that people freak out when OBD attempts to make rules that may reduce the level of drunken idiots. Obviously, at that point OBD is just trying to ruin their fun. But attempting to have a family friendly environment is considered just craziness. People "should just leave their kids at home". Maybe it's because they know it won't change, or what, but its just nonsensical to hear the words "Don't bring your kid to the game, the drunken idiots might be bothered/bother him/her" I'm guilty of tailgating myself but I agree it is just out of control there sometimes. I would love to take my nephew to games but the crowd turns me off quite a bit to that. Sabres games are much better, I genuinely wonder why...probably the tailgating aspect.

I think most seasoned attenders of NFL games realize that the "family friendly" environment is a slippery slope.

Once you start telling families to bring their toddlers you invite the politics along with it.

Instantly, those children become EVERYONE's responsibility....whether the parents feel that way or not.

Personally, I think that if you bring a kid to a violent display like the NFL then you are making a statement about what you feel is appropriate to subject your children to. But unfortunately, I think we all know that selective morality is just a reality today. It may be ok to let your kid see grown man knock themselves unconscious but it may be a whole other matter regardling letting them hear profanity......in the minds of some moms and dads.

I feel strongly that the only reason the Bills are here is because they provide an outlet for hardworking adults who come to these games to let off some steam. Take that away, and wins and losses become A LOT more important. And as we all know, if the Bills were relying on results to draw fans they would be playing to an empty stadium at this point. The adult oriented environment at the Ralph is critical for maintaing attendance. That doesn't mean you can't bring children but you gotta' understand what you are getting into and not be a b*tch about it when people act like adults letting off some steam. Seems like the OP does.

The kid will not remember it, unless his ear drums get blown out or a drunk guy breaks his neck.

Leave the kid home - a good parent wouldn't even consider this.

Yup.

Clearly the OP is more focused on himself and his 'experience' than on what's best for the kid. Modern parenting at its best.