Going to Nov 3 Chiefs game. R 1 year olds Free if on lap?

COACH85

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now we're lazy and selfish parents because we want to take our 1 year old to a game with us?

Hmmmm, that's a new one. :)

Oh, by the way, maybe we should stop going to weekly Sunday Mass too because our child might make a little noise or blurt out a little something during a service that is suppose to be very quiet?

Nah, we'll fly with him in our normal seats for FREE quietly for our 1 hour flight AND take him to both games, AND still take him to church on Sundays. The best part of it all, WE'RE GONNA HAVE A GREAT TIME regardless of peoples comments or opinions AND we will be sure to respect the rights and privileges of the people around us as well at all places.

I am cool with it.

We tailgate on Glenn Street across from Hammer's Lot.

I'll bring the bisquick you bring the breast milk and we will whip up some mamcakes. Breast month goes into overtime!

Um, because we love the Bills and want to go to a Bills game WITH our son.....Seriously.

I'm surprised by the few negative comments about bringing a 1 year old. All the fans of the professional sporting events we've gone to in the D.C. area have been very supportive of our kid being there wearing the home team clothes. I have to believe most Bills fans would show the same support.

If he's not bothering anyone and watching the game with his parents, whats the problem? Life doesn't stop because we have a 1 year old. I'll be sure to tell you how great of a time we had at BOTH the Bills and Sabres games after our return back home. Don't hate little kids based on their age, you might be surprised of how much better behaved they may be compared to a few adults attending the same game. LOL

Generally speaking the feedback I've seen consistently around America for quite some time is if your at the game obviously everyone will be friendly but if soliciting feedback anonymously you will overwhelmingly hear "why the hell would you even begin to think that's a good idea?!? It sounds miserable not just for you and the kid but the people around you - get a sitter."

I'm not sure why your surprised people would be less than enthused about having a baby next to them in tight quarters in an adult environment for hours

Besides saving a few bucks on babysitting is there an upside to bringing a child too young to enjoy, understand or remember the game to it? I see a lot of downsides but not the perks of having him there.

Edited by NoSaint

I'm not sure I'd bring a kid that wrong to the Ralph, Sabres game is likely more tame but Bills games are loud, cold and if things aren't going well, rude. Do whatever you want but if you choose to bring the kid I recommend the family section NOT THE LOWER BOWL its gets rough down there and drunks may not notice or care if a kid is present

If we had a newborn baby or infant that was unresponsive to us and unaware of their surroundings, we wouldn't even consider bringing him. But he Is 13 months old. He IS engaging and interactive, aware of his surroundings, and we have fun with him being with us. Other people might have fun with a beer in their hand and a lap full of food, we prefer our son. I've been to the Ralph 3 times before (kidless) and ALL 3 have been great experiences. No, everyone is NOT drunk and out of control and in fact that is the minority. Based on the weekly arrest reports from the stadium though, we r aware of some possible bad eggs in or around the stadium. Hey, if we weren't allowed to bring our 1 year old, we wouldn't, BUT we r allowed to bring him and will. We respect other peoples opinions if they think it's a bad idea but ultimately it's our decision to make and we're BOTH very comfortable with it, especially since we have noise canceling head phones for him.

Yes, he will be dressed extremely warm from head to toe in Bills Red White and Blue. Yes he will be behaved and if he gets restless or disturbing to other fans (which hasn't happened yet in 6 other pro sporting events) we have options to move to the concourse. They still have TV's out their, right? We don't expect to be sitting in our seats for 3 1/2 straight hours, trust me.

Some people have mentioned "The kid will never remember the game, why bring him?"

Well, WE will remember the game fondly and have pictures and memories that will last a lifetime of him being with us. We will be proud to share this with him when he's older, just like all our other pictures, memories, etc from the other games we've taken him to Caps, Wizards, Nationals, Orioles, Redskins/Bills. We're DieHard Bills and Sabres fans and hopefully our son will be so too someday! :)

I feel bad for the people sitting near you if he gets restless or cries. Plus people in those lower seats stand for most of the game, so there won't be much room. I went to the Cincy game and a little kid behind us kept kicking our seats when we got to sit.

Did this guy really write this? You feel bad for the people around him if the baby cries? how about the drunk idiots that spill beer all over you or fight with the guy in front of them if they have the other teams jersey on? last year I brought my 11 year old and he got half a cup of beer spilled on him, in december in the rain/sleet 32 degrees. The dummy's were dropping F-bombs every other word, when the beer spilt is when I finally had enough and had him moved or thrown out or whereever they moved him. then like 5 mins later the inebriated women behind me dumps her beer all over my arm and was so wasted she didn't even realize it and just sat there drooling on herself....but yea I feel bad for the people next to you if your baby so happens to cry...give me a break dude. but you should try to sit in the family section if you really are bringing the baby, never sat there but I am going to from now on, especially if I have my children or wife with me!

I should hope everyone was so charitable to you and your parents while you were growing up. Good luck with that re: the airlines. Know that if a kid is misbehaving on a plane, no one is more embarrassed or annoyed about it than the parent. Know that if the kids are just being kids, you were once a kid too. The parents traveling with them are probably doing so because it is their best option. Cut them some slack and people may do the same for you if you have kids.

I would never take a kid under 7 to the Ralph because I've had too many bad experiences with drunken louts, and crowd control is not the best at an NFL game. I've had good experiences at ball games and as such my daughter is a baseball fan at 4. I do try to be considerate by moving about and not just sitting in our seats when she's getting restless.

Kids don't need to be quarantined, they just need to be respected (not catered to, respected). If they are telling you you need to leave, you do it. If they are hungry, you feed them. If they aren't behaving, they get one warning and then you follow through if the bad behavior resumes. Responsible kids turn into responsible adults.

So your point is taken, if and only if said adults are responsible enough to understand what is going on and can appreciate the need the respect the rights of others not to be subjected to the crying, whining, puking, cursing, and general unrest that inconsiderate adult fans often exhibit.

If every parent were as considerate as you suggest, there would be no need for my post (and feelings on the subject). But this is the real world. People are selfish, lazy idiots. If you believe my post implied in any way that adults should be given a pass for boorish behavior, you missed the point.

Did this guy really write this? You feel bad for the people around him if the baby cries? how about the drunk idiots that spill beer all over you or fight with the guy in front of them if they have the other teams jersey on? last year I brought my 11 year old and he got half a cup of beer spilled on him, in december in the rain/sleet 32 degrees. The dummy's were dropping F-bombs every other word, when the beer spilt is when I finally had enough and had him moved or thrown out or whereever they moved him. then like 5 mins later the inebriated women behind me dumps her beer all over my arm and was so wasted she didn't even realize it and just sat there drooling on herself....but yea I feel bad for the people next to you if your baby so happens to cry...give me a break dude. but you should try to sit in the family section if you really are bringing the baby, never sat there but I am going to from now on, especially if I have my children or wife with me!

You're missing the point. The drunk's will also be spilling beer on and falling into the baby. It's just not a place for a 1 year old.

It seems you are 100% set on bringing him - to get back to the original question about whether a ticket is needed ---- maybe getting the third seat would help with some of the issues being discussed? More space for you and the people around you, an area that could be a little buffered in case you end up next to someone sloppy drunk, or a big guy that leaves you feeling crowded.

Also just popped in my head - don't forget the new bag rule when packing things to bring.

Edited by NoSaint

You don't need a ticket but I'd buy club levels they are not much more and much better crowd with all the luxuries if you need a place to sit and watch the game while he nurses. I have taken my son to bills dolphins games and never had an issue but it's a different scene...

It seems you are 100% set on bringing him - to get back to the original question about whether a ticket is needed ---- maybe getting the third seat would help with some of the issues being discussed? More space for you and the people around you, an area that could be a little buffered in case you end up next to someone sloppy drunk, or a big guy that leaves you feeling crowded.

Also just popped in my head - don't forget the new bag rule when packing things to bring.

We're bringing our clear bag that we got at Fed Ex Field from when we went to see the Bills-Skins game this summer.

We had front row seats on the second level and it was AWESOME and no issues at all although it helped it was an Exhibition game and no one sitting in front of us. LOL

You don't need a ticket but I'd buy club levels they are not much more and much better crowd with all the luxuries if you need a place to sit and watch the game while he nurses. I have taken my son to bills dolphins games and never had an issue but it's a different scene...

After all the feedback we're thinking of selling our 7th Row seats in the lower section 30 yard line on Stub Hub and buying Club Level seats instead.

That's crazy...I've been at games where parents have brought their kids and it's a nightmare for those around you. IF you have no other choice just please make sure he his dressed warmly...bring treats in for him...let him go run around the concourse if necessary.