It's only cheating if you get caught

Gary M

Screw that! Boo hoo a penalty actually cost the Patriots a game? How many non calls have you seen this team get away with? That non call on holding a couple weeks ago at the end of the game in New Orleans would have cost them the game. Its a crappy call but im glad it happened.

They were all warned in training camp about the new rules. The officials visit all camps and train the players by showing videos and discussing things. Gotta hand it to Rex, he saw the Pats* do that illegal move the week before against NO. I am starting to like Rex more and more... They watch every play an opponent runs. He supposedly warned the officials of Belicheat's tendancy to bend the rules.

Good for Rex and the Jets, even know it hurts the Bills having the Pats* lose. Or does it?

It's not a crappy call, and the Patriots knew what they were doing. Why shouldn't Ryan mention it to the officials (even if he does it too)? He just told them to look for it, and the Pats came through all on their own. They got played, just like they have done to others, many times over.

Bellyache put out his own film clip showing the NYETS doing the same damn thing earlier in the game!!

LOL

It's not a crappy call, and the Patriots knew what they were doing. Why shouldn't Ryan mention it to the officials (even if he does it too)? He just told them to look for it, and the Pats came through all on their own. They got played, just like they have done to others, many times over.

more on the saga

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000268588/article/rex-ryan-bill-belichicks-pushtactic-claims-not-true

The Patriot Push just won't go away.

New England coach Bill Belichick admitted Monday that his players broke a rule by pushing each other into New York's line during an overtime field-goal attempt by the Jets in Sunday's 30-27 loss to Gang Green.

Belichick then turned around and accused the Jets of using the very same tactic, saying Tuesday: "Well, I mean, since they were using the play themselves. I don't even know about all that. But basically we're just moving on here."No, we're not.

Asked about Belichick's accusation, Jets coach Rex Ryan reopened Pandora's box on Wednesday, emphatically denying New York employed push techniques of its own.

"That's not true," Ryan said, per Brian Costello of the New York Post. "He's got to make up his mind. Was he aware of it? Was it second level? Now we did it? OK."

God bless Rex! He seems to be the only one in high places to call out that fraud Belicheat!

And Mangini who ratted out Bill Bellyache on the spygate thing.

Rex did say he didn't take the job to kiss Bill's rings. Guess he meant it!

Edited by reddogblitz

I don't like the Jets, but I've never had a problem with the way Rex Ryan behaves.

Agreed. I would love to see the Bills hire a coach with that kind of attitude toward Belichick. Marrone does seem to be an improvement, though.

1. It was the right call, just an odd time for it be called for the VERY FIRST TIME EVER.

2. The Jets did the same thing on the tying FG near the end of regulation, but no call. (Thats just weird.)

3. Its over, it happened and even being down 5 starters on D the Jests needed OT beat the Pats at HOME! Hardly something thump your chest out over.

Interesting that in this case, Belichick incriminated another team for cheating, but didn't with Spygate. Hmmmmmmm.

LOL was easy was in the same game, l;itterally less than 20 minutes apart. again over and done with.

i have little sympathy for a team breaking the rules getting flags, but if the refs were inconsistent on a rule like this and didnt call it all game and without a "hey stop doing this" warning called it in that situation of all places.... i dont like it. ill take it, as its been an entertaining back and forth between rex and BB though.

Edited by NoSaint

1. It was the right call, just an odd time for it be called for the VERY FIRST TIME EVER.

2. The Jets did the same thing on the tying FG near the end of regulation, but no call. (Thats just weird.)

3. Its over, it happened and even being down 5 starters on D the Jests needed OT beat the Pats at HOME! Hardly something thump your chest out over.

LOL was easy was in the same game, l;itterally less than 20 minutes apart. again over and done with.

Wrong on the point above about the Jets doing it. Looked pretty clear to me from the pic in the linked article that the Jet 2d level defender was standing straight up behind his teammate on the line. No real evidence of a push that I could see (nice try, though)...,