How many games does Thad Lewis have to win to remain the starter

johnwalter

How many games does Thad have to win to remain the starter?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. How many games does Thad have to win to remain the starter?

• 3-2 in his next five starts
    • 4-1 in his next five starts
    • 5-0 in his next five starts

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he plays the way he did today it really doesn't matter what the record is...he was NOT good today.

Unless he elevates his game by several notches, it isn't even a discussion IMO

The schedule gets pretty tough. If he couldn't take advantage against a suspect Dolphins team it'll be tough against New Orleans and Kansas City.

If he plays the way he did today it really doesn't matter what the record is...he was NOT good today.

If he plays the way he did today, the record won't be 5-0 or even 4-1

The schedule gets pretty tough. If he couldn't take advantage against a suspect Dolphins team it'll be tough against New Orleans and Kansas City.

KC was looking evil today. If the Bills don't turn it up they will get Eaten

5-0 means he won 6 games. I dont think he unseats Ej as he hasnt really been solid but very servicable. How bout he may force EJ to be very healthy before he returns. I picked 4-1 but that just lets them work EJ back slowly but they will put him back in. I think of it as more of a Jim Kelly /

Frank Reich situation we have brewing here.

I think Lewis did an adequate job for a backup QB but look at how the points were scored. A pick six, a TD on a short field and a 38 yard drive for a field goal. Their longest drive was 72 yards and it ended with another field goal. If the defense didn't get the turnover late the Bills would not have won today. They had little consistency on offense. EJ is the starter and they need to see where he can take this team.

5-0 means he won 6 games. I dont think he unseats Ej as he hasnt really been solid but very servicable. How bout he may force EJ to be very healthy before he returns. I picked 4-1 but that just lets them work EJ back slowly but they will put him back in. I think of it as more of a Jim Kelly /

Frank Reich situation we have brewing here.

Wins will not earn him the job, he will need to be the reason we win. While I'm pleased with how he has filled in, he hasmt shown anything to warrant starting status upon EJ's return. He is really growing on me as a our backup, but my dream is that he raises his value to the point of trade bait. (Fingers crossed for a Kolb leaving Philly situation. They got DRC and a second in return.)

I think if the Bills are in contention, EJ has been out the full 6 weeks (now 5), and TL has played well, I think he will finish off the season, and next year in camp it will be a QB battle.

I don't think the staff is as tied to EJ starting, as much so many others think. I think they are more concerned with winning, and can easily justify putting off EJ's starting by saying the truth...that his development has been hindered by the injury, and that TL is giving them the best shot of winning right now.

Why are fans so quick to question the motives of the coaches? Both of the QB's were brought in by this staff. I don't see any indications that they are overly worried about "justifying" EJ's selection. They brought in Kolb, and probably expected him to start the year anyway.