27 players remain

Coach55

After the release of Colin Brown, excluding players on injured reserve, only 27 players remain of the 53 players on the roster last season (28 if you include Moorman - but he was released). That means that effectively half the team from last year is gone. People are bashing the front office, however the only way to "change" a culture is to truly change it. Marrone is not taking crap from anyone and it is showing. If you look at the 27 who remain, most deserve to be here and I wouldn't be surprised for the one that doesn't, Marrone will weed out prior to year end:

The 27:

RB (3) - Spiller, Jackson, Choice

WR (3) - Johnson, Graham, Easley (he was with organization)

TE (2) - Chandler, Smith

OL (6) - Glenn, Pears, Sanborn, Welch, Wood, Urbik

DL (4) - Williams, Williams, Dareus, Ross

LB (2) - Bradham, Moats

CB (5) - Gilmore, McKelvin, Brooks, Williams, Rogers

S(2) - Byrd, Searcy

Of the above - I wouldn't be surprised if Rogers is gone prior to year end. The rest of the fringe players (Brooks, Easley, Lee Smith, Welch and Ross) have all played well this season.

Without getting into the rest of the roster, the only other cut that needs to be made if Marrone is smart is Danny Crossman.

Fully agree on Crossman. Coverage has to improve

Kick coverage is fine but punt coverage has been terrible and it has now helped cost us 2 games. Special teams overall has been bad. We knew it when they got Crossman. Guy was on his way out of Detroit for a reason. Carpenter has been a surprise and Moorman once again looks to be the MVP of our team so those pieces will help save Crossman's job, even though that was Whaley bringing them in so he should get the credit

tV84w3O.png

I made this prior to the Cincy game.

The question is should you be including the injured players. Had they been healthy, would the following people have made the roster:

1. Brad Smith (possible)

2. Matt Caussin (most likely not)

3. Kevin Elliott (most likely not)

4. Carrington (yes)

5. Hairston (yes)

The question is should you be including the injured players. Had they been healthy, would the following people have made the roster:

1. Brad Smith (possible)

2. Matt Caussin (most likely not)

3. Kevin Elliott (most likely not)

4. Carrington (yes)

5. Hairston (yes)

I mean, injured or not injured, your point stands. 34 of the 68 active or IR'd players from week 17 2012 GONE by week 6 2013.

i want to believe that this is a step in the right direction. i am somewhat cautious to be overly excited about the turnover. I hope we are not just 'moving the deck chairs around' and that they new personel translates into better play. thus far i do believe this is a more solid team with talent. i also believe that the talent is getting maximized out of the coaching, particularly on the D side.

Searcy is the Colin Brown of safeties.

If #25 of the Bills is on your tv screen odds are high that something bad for the Bills is going to happen or just happened.

Last year, absolutely true. This year its more 50/50. He has made some good plays (though he has also been burned quite a bit). I see him as a great role player in sub-packages, rather than someone who should be starting.

Last year, absolutely true. This year its more 50/50. He has made some good plays (though he has also been burned quite a bit). I see him as a great role player in sub-packages, rather than someone who should be starting.

I think it's more 99/1. He makes one play a game that looks like an NFL player. The rest of the game he is a door mat.

Just curious how you determined that Welch has been playing well? The only play of note that I am aware of him being involved in is a failed 4th down conversion attempt as a TE. He was lit up on the offensive line in the preseason.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

After the release of Colin Brown, excluding players on injured reserve, only 27 players remain of the 53 players on the roster last season (28 if you include Moorman - but he was released). That means that effectively half the team from last year is gone. People are bashing the front office, however the only way to "change" a culture is to truly change it. Marrone is not taking crap from anyone and it is showing. If you look at the 27 who remain, most deserve to be here and I wouldn't be surprised for the one that doesn't, Marrone will weed out prior to year end:

The 27:

TE (2) - Chandler, Smith

LB (2) - Bradham, Moats

S(2) - Byrd, Searcy

Of the above - I wouldn't be surprised if Rogers is gone prior to year end. The rest of the fringe players (Brooks, Easley, Lee Smith, Welch and Ross) have all played well this season.

Without getting into the rest of the roster, the only other cut that needs to be made if Marrone is smart is Danny Crossman.

You forgot Nickell Robey from your list.

The 27:

TE (2) - Chandler, Smith

LB (2) - Bradham, Moats

S(2) - Byrd, Searcy

Now do the the same thing for Gailey for comparison sake.