Kansas City game pom poms

It appears that the Bills will provide 50,000 white pom poms for the game as we will dress in our whites unis. This leads to just a few questions....why do we wear our away unis and allow KC to wear their home red? What happens to the other 20,000 fans who do not get a pom pom, are we too cheap to supply this $.10 product to all fans. Will we be embarrassed by 20,000 chiefs' fans all dressed in red sitting among the crowd that will be dressed in white at the Bills request. They travel well (especially when winning) and the game is sold out. Just sayin'!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that the Bills will provide 50,000 white pom poms for the game as we will dress in our whites unis. This leads to just a few questions....why do we wear our away unis and allow KC to wear their home red? What happens to the other 20,000 fans who do not get a pom pom, are we too cheap to supply this $.10 product to all fans. Will we be embarrassed by 20,000 chiefs' fans all dressed in red sitting among the crowd that will be dressed in white at the Bills request. They travel well (especially when winning) and the game is sold out. Just sayin'!

Maybe Russ got a really good deal on white pom poms but would have had to pay more for blue ones.

White out games are garbage. Remember being there two years ago for the Jets. Could have taken a two game lead in the division. Instead Fitzpatrick and co got rolled by Mark Sanchez.

We are not Penn State. Stop stealing gimmicks from other teams. Do something original or just be normal. Dont try to force an atmosphere... its already awesome.

This will have no impact on the game. Color of unis won't matter except in say, south FLA. We've done the pompon deal before, even in the Kelly years. Whatever, just win the freakin' game. I kinda like the white unis from time to time. Other teams,such as DAL wear whites at home.

Yeah but we're not Dallas, or Miami, or one of the teams that has historically worn white at home. We started doing it while we were a losing team. We've consistantly lost while wearing white at home (granted, panthers game this year excepted, which was pretty awesome).

I just dont understand why you try to start a trend like a white out game when A you havent historically worn white at home B you have lost most of those games and the fans will have a bad memory of the short history of white outs and C it doesnt work! Half the stadium wears white, half doesnt want to, doesnt care, or didnt get the memo. Its not a college campus where the word of a white out gets to everyones ears. The stadium looks like a bunch of jagoffs when only half participate.

Yeah but we're not Dallas, or Miami, or one of the teams that has historically worn white at home. We started doing it while we were a losing team. We've consistantly lost while wearing white at home (granted, panthers game this year excepted, which was pretty awesome).

I just dont understand why you try to start a trend like a white out game when A you havent historically worn white at home B you have lost most of those games and the fans will have a bad memory of the short history of white outs and C it doesnt work! Half the stadium wears white, half doesnt want to, doesnt care, or didnt get the memo. Its not a college campus where the word of a white out gets to everyones ears. The stadium looks like a bunch of jagoffs when only half participate.

Actually, since they started doing it against the Jets in 2011, they've won 2 of the 3 games in which they've worn white at home: last year's night game vs. Miami, and this year's home game vs. Carolina.

Unless I'm missing one, the Jets game was the only loss at home in white since they re-introduced the home whites after a 25-year absence.

Actually, since they started doing it against the Jets in 2011, they've won 2 of the 3 games in which they've worn white at home: last year's night game vs. Miami, and this year's home game vs. Carolina.

Unless I'm missing one, the Jets game was the only loss at home in white since they re-introduced the home whites after a 25-year absence.

Truth. They did beat Miami last year wearing the white jerseys and blue pants... not the whole white get up. I guess KC will be only the second game where they've tried the whole Penn State rip off "White Out" theme though where they try to get all the fans to wear white then? Is that correct? Well if that's the case, I still think it's stupid. It didn't work vs the Jets, as only maybe half the stadium wore white. And we got destroyed. I guess I don't care as much about the jerseys as I do about the whole knock off White Out game concept.

Truth. They did beat Miami last year wearing the white jerseys and blue pants... not the whole white get up. I guess KC will be only the second game where they've tried the whole Penn State rip off "White Out" theme though where they try to get all the fans to wear white then? Is that correct? Well if that's the case, I still think it's stupid. It didn't work vs the Jets, as only maybe half the stadium wore white. And we got destroyed. I guess I don't care as much about the jerseys as I do about the whole knock off White Out game concept.

its not just a penn st rip off. a lot of teams do it.

when in a big game i think it can add a little intensity to the players and fans when they see 80k in unison behind the team.... when you have a losing record, coming off some tough losses, and your starting qb out its certainly less effective though. people arent likely to game plan to participate and it comes off as forced. when its monday night football in december against a division rival for a playoff spot word gets out and people are excited to be a part of something.

Edited by NoSaint

Oh I agree the concept is unnecessary (I won't go so far as to call it stupid--just my opinion)...sorry, didn't mean to imply that the team's record wearing white at home meant that I supported the idea.

its not just a penn st rip off. a lot of teams do it.

when in a big game i think it can add a little intensity to the players and fans when they see 80k in unison behind the team.... when you have a losing record, coming off some tough losses, and your starting qb out its certainly less effective though.

Just asking, what other NFL teams have done white out games? Just wondering if it worked for them (as far as actually getting the fans to participate fully). My point was it really didn't work in that aspect last time. There weren't 80,000 people wearing white. There were 30,000, and it looked like a sad, half hearted effort. I mean we'll see how it goes this time I suppose. If you're at the game please let me know. I agree it's cool when it works, but if it's half assed I think it's worse. I think players respond to the crowd noise more than the color of our shirts. Cincy game was pretty rocking and you could tell both teams knew it, even in our home blues.

Just asking, what other NFL teams have done white out games? Just wondering if it worked for them (as far as actually getting the fans to participate fully). My point was it really didn't work in that aspect last time. There weren't 80,000 people wearing white. There were 30,000, and it looked like a sad, half hearted effort. I mean we'll see how it goes this time I suppose. If you're at the game please let me know. I agree it's cool when it works, but if it's half assed I think it's worse. I think players respond to the crowd noise more than the color of our shirts. Cincy game was pretty rocking and you could tell both teams knew it, even in our home blues.

ive attended both white and black for the saints. they love gimmicky stuff to try to keep the crowd and team amped. like i said though, big difference in a playoff run against a division rival vs 2-4 against the chiefs.

i agree that crowd noise is obviously bigger than shirt color, but i think that everyone buying into shirt color helps rile up the crowd into feeling like they are even more a part of it (in theory, when/if effective).

Edited by NoSaint

ive attended both white and black for the saints. like i said though, big difference in a playoff run against a division rival vs 2-4 against the chiefs.

i agree that crowd noise is obviously bigger than shirt color, but i think that everyone buying into shirt color helps rile up the crowd into feeling like they are even more a part of it (in theory, when/if effective).

I could see the Saints being good. Yeah I've been to PSU white outs (the first when they beat OSU was intense). Well, maybe they'll pull it off this time. I'll give it another chance before I determine that I hate it for good.

I could see the Saints being good. Yeah I've been to PSU white outs (the first when they beat OSU was intense). Well, maybe they'll pull it off this time. I'll give it another chance before I determine that I hate it for good.

it seems misplaced here, but imagine it in December with some snow flurries against the pats with playoffs on the line --- the city would be buzzing all week and people would buy in.

this game - meh. (edit: for some reason neglected KC was a few weeks down the line, so could be a little better, or much worse if we are 2-6 and coming off a winless month... we will see)

Edited by NoSaint

!@#$ - now I'm not going to be able to see the game, because the fan in front of me will have a pom pom raised over their head. This has been an issue for me with pom poms and terrible towels, etc.

It looks cool on TV, but then the fans in the seats can't see the game.