Austin Seferian-Jenkins

bufffan031

I've been watching a lot of college football lately and one guy I have noticed and would absolutely love in our offense is Austin Seferian-Jenkins the tight end out of washington. I've been saying since I've seen EJ play that I think he would thrive in this offense with a game changing big pass catching tight end like a Jason Witten or Jimmy Graham and I think that guy is Seferian-Jenkins. This guy has great build, speed and can break tackles very well. He seems like he would be an excellent red zone target. After seeing him play a few games I have been reading some scouting reports on him who say he is the best tight end that will be coming out in a while and has lots of comparisons to Rob Gronkowski. I think we are set at RB and we have a nice set of Receivers and if EJ can get this nice safety valve underneath our offense could be deadly. Thoughts?

Edited by bufffan031

He looks the part, but if we're going TE early I'd rather have Colt Lyerla. He'd be a nice target and would also bring some much needed physicality to the offense.

You realize he just QUIT THE TEAM right? Not only quit, but quit mid season. Pass.

Watching the Cowboys game the other day, I really envy the way they draft, develop and USE the tight end position.

Witten is amazing, and then they draft Escobar (2nd round?). And then they actually utilize these guys in their game plan!

Aside from the whole murder thing, NE has done pretty well at this also.

I was just about to post about this guy, and lo and behold, it's already here. I haven't looked into the TE's coming out, but he is the top rated guy, and I expect the Bills to draft in the middle (15th), about the right spot for the top TE.

As far as the "red flag", I watched an interview with him, and he seems pretty decent. Well spoken, and not all a jackass. He said all the right things, and did it reasonably convincingly. There is some time to go before the draft, and if he keeps it together, there is no reason to pass on him over that incident.

He looks pretty good... very strong on the ball (like at 00:26), which is something the best TE's all have http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPZ5ZDWEADo

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

He looks the part, but if we're going TE early I'd rather have Colt Lyerla. He'd be a nice target and would also bring some much needed physicality to the offense.

well, the good news is that lyerla will be available in the 6th or 7th round. The bad news is that he is a major head case. He has great talent, but never really lived up to it in terms of his production. Edited by mannc

I really like ASJ but I wonder if they value that position enough to address it that early in the draft. I would be happy with him. But I think we could also upgrade thru free agency with a Gresham-petit grew they are both entering the contract season and have been a little let down from wht they were thought to be. But tons better than less smith. Chandler and one of those two guys I think would be awesome and would be able to take BPA at a impact position with the first round pick

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.