Kyle Williams' penalty

Like I said in my post about Fred Jackson's fine last week, what has happened to football? Kyle jaws at a Cincinnati player for taking a cheap shot at one Williams' teammates (a cheap shot that should have been penalized) and Kyle gets 15 for taunting? Huh? Getting in someone's face is part of football, and protecting your teammates is part of all team sports.

I really hate this stuff. Are players supposed to curtsey to the other team after every play?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Kyle is one of the few players we have in this team that gets in players' faces after dirty plays (which I'm a fan of). CJ likes to talk to players after plays too but I'm not a fan of the way CJ does it. It's more of just trash talk with him and I'm not a fan of that. I wanna be the team that's aggressive with tackling and in a pile full of bodies is where I want us to be the intimidators so the opposing team plays with hesitation instead of confidence.

I think Kyle is one of the few players we have in this team that gets in players' faces after dirty plays (which I'm a fan of). CJ likes to talk to players after plays too but I'm not a fan of the way CJ does it. It's more of just trash talk with him and I'm not a fan of that. I wanna be the team that's aggressive with tackling and in a pile full of bodies is where I want us to be the intimidators so the opposing team plays with hesitation instead of confidence.

I had no idea you had a copy of the transcript. What exactly did Kyle say? What is Cj's usual trash talk?

That's Kyle's job as Captain to look out for his guys. He didn't do anything wrong. No pushing, he just got in his face and told him he wasn't going to tolerate late hits on his guys and that's the right thing to do in that situation. The call was BS and those refs were horrible and THEY deserve to be fined

Edited by kdiggz

Schopp claimed on yesterday's show that he believed it was a retalatorial flag, Williams got in the refs face just a couple plays prior due to a missed hands to the face. Regardless, bad call. Also isn't that type of block, where the blocker is going back towards their own end zone, now illegal?

I agree, it was a bs call. I felt, at the time, that the refs felt they had to call one on the Bills because they had already called a couple soft ones against the Bengals. The officiating was not great in this one. I don't think it skewed one way or the other, just poor officiating overall.

There are 7 officials that can throw flags for each play. There are 22 players out there with at least 10 individual battles per play (if u assume the free safety and qb arent engaged directly).

There are simply not enough eyes out there to catch every cheap shot or late hit, and the guys know that the retailiators get flagged just much as the original offenders.

Standing up for your guys is one thing, but getting 15 yard penalties for it kills your team. Shots at the knees is one thing, but a late hit isnt worth getting flagged. You can still talk to a player from a distance and not get taunting, but getting in their face and yelling hurts your team more than it helps.