How do you rate our WR corp?

gjv001

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good. Steve Johnson would be a No. 2 on most teams, cedrtainly not a No. 1. Grahm does not even belong in the league and the rookies have yet to prove themselves. If they had Peyton Manning throwing they would maybe be adequate.

There has been no pro bowl QB since Kelly, so they just have to keep trying and maybe get lucky one of these years, and that guy will make any WR look okay.

I'm not sure how to rate them. At this juncture, they look like what they are. And I think that is an unproven unit that has to grow. Woods is going to be a big asset but probably a number 2 caliber starter at best. Johnson is by default our number 1 guy but on a playoff level team he is the number 2 as well. Graham is a track star that has shown virtually nothing. The rest are big question marks. Like some of the other posters have said, Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Larry Fitzgerald type players are all the epitome of number 1 wide receivers in this league. People get so enamored with speed or height that they forget whats really important. And thats can they play football.

Edited by Agent 91

And not to be funny but can someone please explain to me why Marcus Easley is such a commodity. I mean, I saw him in preseason, every year, but why are we so ready to give him the keys. Is he really, that good or is T.J. and the gang that bad?

Edited by Agent 91

Bottom. We need a 6'7'' Big weapon at WR. Could also use a Playmaking TE

Well we DO have a pretty good TE in Chandler. If our QBs can get him the damn ball, he usually gets 10-20 yards. Everytime Chandler catches a pass I find myself saying, yo we gotta get this guy the ball more which means he's not being targeted at all. I'm fine with Chandler at TE. It's the play design and QB that I find to be the weak link on this team.

EJ will grow and see the game better. I'm sure of it. But 2 good WRs in Johnson and Woods (both sound like body parts and we could actually trademark that) and a good TE in Chandler, are good enough weapon/weapons to have on offense to win some ball games...

Receivers as a group are poor, but if the Bills can add (1) premium guy it would all be turned around because Woods and Johnson would be very strong #2 and #3 receivers. They could keep Goodwin and Easley as #4 and #5 because of their versatility and special teams contribution. WR #1 pick next season.

Edited by vincec

bottom quarter of the league. We have one established WR in Johnson and one good looking rookie. Other than that, squat.

I normally put Stevie right around 16-20 if ranking #1s and would say this squad is the same area as a whole. Effective but not outstanding. One more reliable guy instead of simply upside (graham/Goodwin) or hold things together in emergency (hogan/Easley) would likely put us just above average. If that addition was explosive leaving Stevie/woods as the 2-3 that would have us top 1/4

Yep all little quick guys. I'm with you guys that say we need a tall fast talented one on the outside. It's obvious graham isn't cutting it. He should just be a backup if woods or Stevie get hurt.

Put it on my 2014 draft wish list... Guard, corner, tight end, wide receiver, safety. Best available one of these each round Doug.

Do you consider our WR"s to be in the top 1/4, above top 1/2, bellow 1/2, or bottom 1/4 of all teams in the NFL?

I don't think I watch enough football overall to answer that question in a meaningful way.

I will say this: when I watch other teams play, I see things from their WR that I never or seldom see from ours. They come back for the ball routinely. They jump for the ball and make catches with both arms fully extended. They haul in 1 handed catches.

When I watch our WR play, they seem to only catch balls that hit them in the hands abreast the numbers, and even then for some of them *cough* Graham *cough* it's no sure thing.

Woods looks to be on track to becoming a quality WR. Stevie has the ability to get open when healthy - but is he predictable enough in his route running to work with a WCO?

Graham seems to be a synonym for "hands of stone" and can not judge the ball in the air or come back for it. It is a mystery of life to me why Easley is buried on the depth chart behind Hogan. We all think he showed promise in preseason so what's up with that?

I feel that top QB like Brees, Rodgers, etc and middle-track QB like Dalton would not look nearly as good with our guys. But of course, I'd like to do the experiment *g*.

Rating them right now, bottom 1/4. You have Stevie Johnson and Robert Woods. There are no other contributors currently on the roster. WHEN and only WHEN TJ, Marquise and Easley make plays in the NFL regular season can we elevate this squad.

Exactly.... i'd rate them.... TBD.. Goodwin has not had a chance to be out there. SJ13 is a low end WR1 but better suited for a top WR2. With better QB play and if we threw ball more, Woods would have much bigger numbers. He is BEST WR on team already. Had good hands, very good route runner for a rookie, has deep speed and can make guys miss and get yards after catch. By end of yr he will be go to guy, if not sooner.

TJ does not look like a NFL starting WR. He should be casted as a Robert Meachem style WR that only comes in in 3 or 4 WR sets to be deep threat. His hands are below average and reminds me of Featherstone in movie Necessary Roughness! Has excellent speed but aside from hands, has bad body control to adjust to deep balls. He turns wrong way alot of time. Even when he does he his hands on ball he just looks funny trying to catch the ball and doesnt have good technique when reaching out for balls. Easley SHOULD be given a chance in 3 WR looks if Stevie is out this week with Woods and GOODWIN.. NOT TJ! but that probably wont happen. I see them being stubborn and keeping TJ as worst #2 R in NFL