Fire Every Member of Congress

I think there are a huge number of Americans that are totally fed up with their representation in government. People you vote for get in and don't act like they promised while they campaigned. That, and people live in districts and states that have overwhelming majority of apathetic voters or voters that have a very different political view. That doesn't mean disenfranchisement, just disenchantment.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there are a huge number of Americans that are totally fed up with their representation in government. People you vote for get in and don't act like they promised while they campaigned. That, and people live in districts and states that have overwhelming majority of apathetic voters or voters that have a very different political view. That doesn't mean disenfranchisement, just disenchantment.

Their goals shift...from promising stuff in order to win the election..... to making sure they don't rock the boat to ensure their next election. Term limits would be nice.

You right wing clowns haven't started your excuse that "The Media Did It" yet? Wow. I'm pretty surprised

Because we're smart enough to know the media didn't do this. They've done it to themselves and this is exactly what this country needs. Most people getting fed up with the two ****ty party system.

Because we're smart enough to know the media didn't do this. They've done it to themselves and this is exactly what this country needs. Most people getting fed up with the two ****ty party system.

He's been using the small motor on his boat since he signed up. All everyone is doing by taking him quasi-seriously is continuing to fill up his tank for him.

The senate can't even perform basic job functions like submit a budget. Not even a balanced budget, just a budget. Any budget. They can't err won't.

I'm all for voting out 95% of all politicians and in fact would LOVE term limits. I think it would do wonders to get rid of disconnected, incompetent corrupt idiot politicians who care about nothing except advancing their careers.

Unfortunately that will never happen.

You can't win an argument against Santa Claus. As long as the current politicians will whore themselves out and buy votes by redistribution of income like obama phones, the system will never change.

You can't win against Santa Claus. The media and democrats have done a good job to frame the debate to the point where It doesn't matter if we can't afford it or if its right or wrong. That's all irrelevant. The only thing the average voter gets is that your an insensitive, poor person hating, racist, horse owning, evil republican if you say otherwise.

The senate can't even perform basic job functions like submit a budget. Not even a balanced budget, just a budget. Any budget. They can't err won't.

I'm all for voting out 95% of all politicians and in fact would LOVE term limits. I think it would do wonders to get rid of disconnected, incompetent corrupt idiot politicians who care about nothing except advancing their careers.

Unfortunately that will never happen.

You can't win an argument against Santa Claus. As long as the current politicians will whore themselves out and buy votes by redistribution of income like obama phones, the system will never change.

You can't win against Santa Claus. The media and democrats have done a good job to frame the debate to the point where It doesn't matter if we can't afford it or if its right or wrong. That's all irrelevant. The only thing the average voter gets is that your an insensitive, poor person hating, racist, horse owning, evil republican if you say otherwise.

Term limits should be the answer. I'm sorry, the small percentage that should legitimately have a 40 year career in the house or senate need to get swept under the rug. The rest should be thrown over the cliff. What would congress look like with seasoned business/medical/academic pros who have no desire to seek the White House, if they dedicated themselves to solve problems? I have no problem with the 40-50-60 (and beyond) year old who have made his/her mark wanting to contribute. The government seems to be getting an abundance of people who have fed off the public trough. They don't have a clue as to how the real world works.

Our biggest problem is not the 16 trillion national debt but the 80 trillion unfunded obligations. Time for a little tough love with public sector unions.

Edited by 3rdnlng

That's why voting in the primaries is so important.

Actually the lack of broad voter participation in primaries is the problem. When the so called centrists in both parties sit on the sidelines the candidates either choose to or are aligned to the more extreme elements of their parties who do vote in the primaries.

Actually the lack of broad voter participation in primaries is the problem. When the so called centrists in both parties sit on the sidelines the candidates either choose to or are aligned to the more extreme elements of their parties who do vote in the primaries.

We need primary primaries. Each party has a loon primary and a more centrist primary...then the loon runs against the centrist....then the the two winners of that go against each other lol

This is false equivalency. The Republicans are the morons carrying out the will of their big donors and brain washed angry legions of anti-government voters. Fire the Republicans! They shut down the government, not the Democrats, they are only trying to help people get medical care. Ohhh, how evil!

Why would I vote out the guys in my party when the guys in the other party are the ones who are causing all the problems?

You are so dumb it hurts to read your posts sometimes. How can you be so stupid?

This is false equivalency. The Republicans are the morons carrying out the will of their big donors and brain washed angry legions of anti-government voters. Fire the Republicans! They shut down the government, not the Democrats, they are only trying to help people get medical care. Ohhh, how evil!

You are so dumb it hurts to read your posts sometimes. How can you be so stupid?

So the Dems are not beholden to big donors? :w00t:

That hurts my feelings. I thought you people were supposed to be compassionate.

No they are the world's biggest hypocrites.

The left are the only ones you'll hear say something as stupid as "shut up!! I have the right to say what I want!"

Edited by Chef Jim

No they are the world's biggest hypocrites.

The left are the only ones you'll hear say something as stupid as "shut up!! I have the right to say what I want!"

Not to mention their propensity to sum up a 1000+ page health insurance bill into two sentences, yet find the arguments of John Kerry to be complex and nuanced.