Fire Every Member of Congress

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/10/20903531-nbcwsj-poll-60-percent-say-fire-every-member-of-congress?lite

Since we, the voters, are the Human Relations Department in this situation, or the CEO, if you prefer, let's do just that: Fire Congress by only voting for challengers and ignoring the pleas of incumbents come the next few elections! Move yourself out of the my-congressman/Senator-is-great-it's-those-others mentality and just vote NO to returning incumbents to Washington.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a situation like the shut-down in the US were to happen in Australia, we would do exactly that.

In our constitution, if the bill for supplying funds is not passed, the government goes into caretaker mode and a double dissolution election is called. This is where both houses are dissolved and every sitting politician has to go back to the polls. Effectively they all get fired and the reset button is pressed. This happened once in our history in 1975.

If a situation like the shut-down in the US were to happen in Australia, we would do exactly that.

In our constitution, if the bill for supplying funds is not passed, the government goes into caretaker mode and a double dissolution election is called. This is where both houses are dissolved and every sitting politician has to go back to the polls. Effectively they all get fired and the reset button is pressed. This happened once in our history in 1975.

Funds for what? Melting down privately owned guns? Spare me Australian politics.

Funds for what? Melting down privately owned guns? Spare me Australian politics.

Is this a PPP thing, an internet thing, or are you a knob in real life too?

Edited by Dibs

Crikey, now you've gone and done it:

"You don't tug on Superman's cape

You don't spit into the wind

You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger

And you don't mess around with Jim"

If an election cycle happened where somehow nobody voted for a Republican or Democrat that would change Washington forever and probably for the better. Don't just not vote incumbents...refuse to vote for either major party. Crazyness would ensue...but it would be worth it and it wouldn't be as crazy as we currently are.

Psst, psst, psst. It's a dick, a prick, a rooster, a thumper, a wanker, you know... a schwantz, a minugia, a burrito, a schlong, a pecker, a weiner. In other words - it's a Harry Reid.

LOL! Nice! although with your Tim the Enchanter, I shouldn't be surprised!

Good on yer', mate.

The number of people I know who still swallow the Obama gizz and think all problems stem from 'Republicans in Congress' is staggering....and saddening.

I'm sure there are plenty on the other side of the coin too, I just don't happen to see many of them since I live in a "progressive" part of the country.

Psst, psst, psst. It's a dick, a prick, a rooster, a thumper, a wanker, you know... a schwantz, a minugia, a burrito, a schlong, a pecker, a weiner. In other words - it's a Harry Reid.

Correct, though a wanker is somebody who self stimulates said knob.

In the context used, dick, prick, rooster, douchebag, wanker, knobend, peckerhead, tosser and dickhead would all appropriately fit.

Still waiting to hear what a knob is. Oh wait God save the king, all hail the queen. You "commonwealth" subjects crack me up.

I think Nanker covered the definition fairly well....I've elaborated above.

Lol....yeah, everybody in the commonwealth thinks the monarchy is great. None of us want our countries to become republics. :rolleyes:

Edited by Dibs

Jim doesn't have an exactly broad worldview.

We're in this together. So to correct you, "We won't do it. We never do."

I was trying to make it personal for the poster but of course you're right. We always like our guy and blame the other person's representative for the problems because our guy brought home the bacon while their guy is taking bacon that he doesn't deserve.

If an election cycle happened where somehow nobody voted for a Republican or Democrat that would change Washington forever and probably for the better. Don't just not vote incumbents...refuse to vote for either major party. Crazyness would ensue...but it would be worth it and it wouldn't be as crazy as we currently are.

Here's the thing. It wouldn't be that crazy. Everything would be fine.

Edited by John Adams

The number of people I know who still swallow the Obama gizz and think all problems stem from 'Republicans in Congress' is staggering....and saddening.

I'm sure there are plenty on the other side of the coin too, I just don't happen to see many of them since I live in a "progressive" part of the country.

You right wing clowns haven't started your excuse that "The Media Did It" yet? Wow. I'm pretty surprised