Geno Smith MNF - Falcons/Jets

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame the Falcons coaches for that loss. 1st and goal with 2 min, run the ball and make the Jets use some time outs before scoring the TD. Then at the end why not ice the kicker? Oh well, Falcons blew it as much as Geno won it (I don't want to give the Jets any credit lol)

Edited by kdiggz

The line between very good and not very good is thin. They won a lot of lucky break games last year and have had a out of unlucky games this year. Truth is they are a 9-10 win type team and a couple lucky bounces or bad drops can sway you widely.

Yup. This happens every year yet people still believe the "good teams win close games" rubbish.

Give credit to Geno. Huge win

Yes he bounced back from a crap game. Much credit to his OC though, shows what a real one can do to help a rookie QB. Situation wasn't too dire- 2minutes with timeouts, only needing a FG. Gave Geno easy throws vs blitzes he expected. Mornhinweg has it all over Hackett. Called a brilliant game. EJ would be much better off with a real OC that's been through the battles. Jets receivers play way more physical than ours.

Yes he bounced back from a crap game. Much credit to his OC though, shows what a real one can do to help a rookie QB. Situation wasn't too dire- 2minutes with timeouts, only needing a FG. Gave Geno easy throws vs blitzes he expected. Mornhinweg has it all over Hackett. Called a brilliant game. EJ would be much better off with a real OC that's been through the battles. Jets receivers play way more physical than ours.

Completely agree man. Good points

Agreed on the OC aspect...I think Marty deserved a game ball vs. the Bills...Geno was reeling from all the turnovers in NE and Mornhinweg called an awesome game...I'm not trying to bash Hackett either...MM just has worlds of experience and success as an OC in the NFL...Hackett is just starting... B-)

Lol at the excuse makers. Geno is the real deal. Could have had him but opted for the third round talent with "character.". Luckily we should finish poorly enough to draft a legit starter like hundley or manziel.

There were PLENTY of folks on this board that wanted Geno...He had a ton of support here...I liked EJ a lot too...Probably a little more than Geno because I like EJ's make-up overall...But I was OK with the Bills taking Geno halfway through his Sr year...And my opinion never changed about him...There were tons of Bills fans who felt the same way... B-)

Lol at the excuse makers. Geno is the real deal. Could have had him but opted for the third round talent with "character.". Luckily we should finish poorly enough to draft a legit starter like hundley or manziel.

Absolutely no way we draft another 1st rd QB after one year of EJ

Lol at the excuse makers. Geno is the real deal.

I would agree that putting everything on the OCs is excuse making. Kid played well and Id feel good about it if I were a Jet fan.

I also remember Chad Henne carving up the Jets on mnf his rookie yr - and that was against an actual good defense.

I'm not sure rewinding that Nassib thread will be as funny as some seem to think 5yrs from now.

Absolutely no way we draft another 1st rd QB after one year of EJ

Are you sure about that? What if he regresses from here?

I don't think he will regress, but he had better get better than he has been playing. If he doesn't improve from here, you have to come up with some different plan going into next year. Otherwise you could expect next year to be a repeat of this one.

Assuming he does play better going forward, then I doubt anyone would expect the Bills to draft another first round QB.