Geno Smith MNF - Falcons/Jets

He looked great last night. But he also had about 12 turnovers in his first four games. That's the way he is. He will look great and he will look horrible. Most coaches look for consistency. No one knows how he will turn out but I still think he will be wildly erratic and screw up as much as he shines, and that his smug attitude will not fare well over time when things get rough. He played great last night though, even though the Falcons made a ton of blunders, including a terrible missed tackle that would have made the FG attempt a 52 yarder.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the overrated Falcons... Glad the Jets won... I know, our division... There will be time to skin the cat. Awesome seeing the Falcons wallowing @ 1-4... LoL...

Part of me feels the same way. I'm loving watching the Steelers, Ravens, Texans, Falcons, etc all struggling. WTF is espn going to talk about?

He looked great last night. But he also had about 12 turnovers in his first four games. That's the way he is. He will look great and he will look horrible. Most coaches look for consistency. No one knows how he will turn out but I still think he will be wildly erratic and screw up as much as he shines, and that his smug attitude will not fare well over time when things get rough. He played great last night though, even though the Falcons made a ton of blunders, including a terrible missed tackle that would have made the FG attempt a 52 yarder.

That was not an easy tackle to make at all. Babinoux made a great move, but he did not have a good angle and had to try a one armed tackle.

Even if he does fade, which I agree he most likely will, he still played a great 1st half. Taking shots downfield. Accurate throwing. Recognizing the blitz. Knowing when to tuck it and run.

If he wasn't a Jet, I'd be a fan of his. If he was a Bill, I'd be salivating at his potential over the next few years.

My only post of the day

He didnt know when to tuck it and run before yesterday. Through 4 games he was tied with Eli Manning with 11 turnovers. Almost 3 per game??? Wow. That will win many games... Lol. Sacks. Dont have the exact sack stat.. but I think he was averaging almost 5 sacks allowed per game. Wow throwing ints and getting sacked a lot. Recipe for success right there!!!!!

Accurate throwing.. See stat on turnovers.

Recognizing the blitz.. See stat on allowing many sacks.

How about the behind the back fumble?

Ps. Seasons are not one week long. That's the only thing that bugs me about this board. Where was all the buzz about drafting geno last week??? Now all of a sudden he has fans worldwide, including bill fans. He will be a bust. I guarantee it. I recognize he had a good game yesterday. But all qbs have good games. Enter mediocre qb names here _________ Brady quinn, jp, trent edwards, etc.

:sick: . It won't last. Jets have a tough schedule coming up (though last night was supposed to be tough too).

Falcons have yet to look tough in any of their games I've seen. Overrated, esp the defense.

Where were all the Geno lovers last week when he was butt fumbling in the end zone? He had a good game TONIGHT but every dog has his day. It's a long season, let's see where he is at after week 16

What? A measured, reasonable analysis on this board? Seriously, he led his team to a road win. Something Manuel was on his way to doing last week. Not better or worse, too early to tell.