Let's turn our attention to the Bengals...

YoloinOhio

I like our chances this weekend from that video I watched of Thad's performance against the Steelers last year. A very EJ like performance, and our defense is only going to be improved from what it has been since the season started. I can see Cincy being guilty oflooking past us and getting caught up in one hell of a battle. It should be a good game if nothing else.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting post on Bengals message board: "We will beat the Bills this week. I haven't felt this good about a game all season. The browns and steelers games made me nervous the lions and jets worry me much more than the bills. This is our easiest remaining opponent of the season. we got this by more than a score it wouldn't surprise if we win by 17."

I wouldn't be surprised if we beat the Bengals by 17...just very unimpressed as a whole by that team

There's no way we're winning this one. A practice squad QB against the Bengals? It's going to be a rough game.

I anticipate lots of 3 and outs for the Bills.

Cinci wins 27-13.

That means not much to be honest. Brian Hoyer beat them two weeks ago, and Cincinnati is not a good road team...3-0 at home, 0-2 on the road.

We're already one of the highest percentage 3 and out teams in the NFL, so if anything it might improve..Lewis from what I saw in the game last year is going to get the ball out like Fitz...

I can see our D locking THEM down with Byrd and Gilmore back...Cincinnati is just not very good offensively...take out AJ Green and they don't have a lot...

Edited by matter2003

That means not much to be honest. Brian Hoyer beat them two weeks ago, and Cincinnati is not a good road team...3-0 at home, 0-2 on the road.

We're already one of the highest percentage 3 and out teams in the NFL, so if anything it might improve..Lewis from what I saw in the game last year is going to get the ball out like Fitz...

I can see our D locking THEM down with Byrd and Gilmore back...Cincinnati is just not very good offensively...take out AJ Green and they don't have a lot...

dont they have a couple TE's that are decent ?

Thad is NOT going to have timing with Stevie , Woody , or Graham. Start Easely and Hogan ! He has probably been tossing to ball to them and has a repoire. Hell bells , run Choice and Wingo so Thaddeus Maximus can find some comfort zone

This game is going to call on our defense. The character and desire to win. Then the skill, talent , and conditioning to finish a game .

And lotsa composure when the Offense struggles . Because it will.

No knock on anyone about that. The Bills got the wind punched out of them with EJ going down.

Mike Pettine needs to beat the Cinci Tigers and Marrone needs to K.I.S.S. on O and just loosen the them up with CJ and Fred in space now and again.

I expect to see Frankie S. get a lot of snaps in protection and the inside runs again though.

lets hope the Marrone LG rotation plan helps out Colin Brown and Thad too!

We can win this. But i thinks it's gonna be a nutcracker (sorry ladies )

They have Gresham who is OK I guess, nothing special...

I don't understand why everyone keeps thinking our offense is all of a sudden become like a high school offense...Lewis looked very capable in throwing the ball.

EJ was not completing a high percentage of passes and our offense stalled quite a bit. He made some nice plays but wasn't that consistent, which is to be expected from a rookie. I doubt there is a big dropoff with Lewis playing QB...

People say "oh he was on the practice squad", blah blah blah but really that's irrelevant. When you get the opportunity, what are you going to do with it, is what's important, and truth be told Lewis looked pretty competant in his game last year...maybe not world beating good, but certainly good enough to help us win a game...

They have Gresham who is OK I guess, nothing special...

I don't understand why everyone keeps thinking our offense is all of a sudden become like a high school offense...Lewis looked very capable in throwing the ball.

EJ was not completing a high percentage of passes and our offense stalled quite a bit. He made some nice plays but wasn't that consistent, which is to be expected from a rookie. I doubt there is a big dropoff with Lewis playing QB...

People say "oh he was on the practice squad", blah blah blah but really that's irrelevant. When you get the opportunity, what are you going to do with it, is what's important, and truth be told Lewis looked pretty competant in his game last year...maybe not world beating good, but certainly good enough to help us win a game...

Gresham and Eifert (rookie). Bills kept Cameron pretty well in check last week.

I like the Bills chances in this game and am certainly not expecting a Bengals romp as the odds makers and talking heads have it. I think the Bills D, especially with the players they get back this week, can contain the Bengals O. Lewis is a wild card, but he is mobile, can throw on the run, and has enough experience that I am not worried about a choke job like Tuel pulled last week. If the Bills can grab a couple of turnovers and not give it away with turnovers and stupid penalties, this could actually be a big win. Bills 27 - Bengals 17.

I have a weird feeling Thad will be OK. Bengals have next to no film on him, he has had a long week to prepare plus has been in the OC box the first 5 games of the season. He has prepared for the same Bengals defense 4 times prior to this in his time with the Browns. He has a good running game and is at home.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Stevie, Gilmore game time decisions for Sunday: http://www.buffalobi...32-022139897caf

Bills Focus: Doug Marrone Bengals Preview: http://www.buffalobi...71-2e859e6d40a5

The Bills head coach talks about the team putting together consecutive good games, getting Marquise Goodwin back to return kicks, and how long Jairus Byrd will need to get into game shape.

Bills Focus: Thad Lewis' Big Break: http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Bills_Focus_Thad_Lewis_Big_Break/68d4d203-c151-444b-b2a5-be1d357b7fe1

Bills quarterback Thad Lewis moved from the practice squad to the starting lineup in a week, but John Murphy shows us how Lewis is no stranger to adversity.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This game is being played in our house, people. Our team is not laying down for this one and Cincy has some serious weaknesses. Their kicker will give our returners some opportunities. Field position could play a big part here. I sure hope Moorman can still put up some serious hang time. If he does, more field position battles can be won.

Byrd is back. I have been listening to all of the comments about his injury for quite some time and I have been disappointed with the overwhelming assumptions being made. Coach says he can see that Byrd has been hurting because he is eager to be out there with his team mates. Now he is excited to be back. His return is a big boost for our secondary. McKelvin saw limited action last week and now he is healthy.....big boost. Gilmore I think may just play a limited role this week if at all, but Byrd, McKelvin and Aaron Williams in there instead of the scrubs we have had, is still a major boost. Having our back end covered will allow the defensive linemen to pin their ears back. Our secondary is no longer as weak as some think.

The Bills defense is one of the leagues most opportunistic. We are 3rd in sacks, 2nd in interceptions and among the best in turnover ratio. I see Cincy struggling mightily to move the ball against our team and our fired up hometown crowd. The Cincy offense is 22nd in the league for cryin' out loud. Not exactly a powerhouse. This game could be ugly for them.

How will our offense match up? Now this is where things get hairy. But the coaches seem to have a lot of good things to say about Thad. Not sure I buy all of the hype, but I do think the Bills run game will continue their trend of putting up serious yardage against some of the best run Ds in the league. Thad doesn't have to win this game all by himself. One of the things I really like about the kid after watching some of the vids is his ability to extend plays by rolling away from pressure. I don't expect him to put up big passing yards, but then again, he doesn't need to. Besides having the same mentor as both the Manning brothers can't be a bad thing, right?

Our offense has weapons. Goodwin back in the line up as both a kick returner and a WR could be big. We lost Manuel but for the most part this team has been getting healthier. I read that Cincy is practicing for the read option. Gotta chuckle at that one. Practicing for it and actually playing against it are two completely different animals

I'm calling it now. The Bills are taking Cincy down.

Edited by Rockinon

If that's the case, it will not only be his first TD bomb, it will be the first time he has shown the ability to track the ball in the air far downfield. Dude is just confused as hell on those long throws. He looks like my 8-year old son trying to catch bombs from me.!

Almost a TD. He finally showed signs of life in this game. I like the idea of having Marquis and him on the outside, which should open up the inside.

Great game yesterday, bummer about the outcome.

Almost a TD. He finally showed signs of life in this game. I like the idea of having Marquis and him on the outside, which should open up the inside.

Great game yesterday, bummer about the outcome.

I noticed the deep balls Thad threw, had a very high trajectory and were out in front giving our speed guys a chance to run under it. EJ's deep passes are more line drive-ish.. Those have to be deadly accurate. TJ made a nice play, finally (he still dropped an easy out pass later tho). The QB gave him a chance. Hopefully EJ is watching and learning how to do it right.