Let's turn our attention to the Bengals...

YoloinOhio

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mikerodak

Gilmore and Brooks were limited in their return to practice Wednesday

@JoeBuscaglia

Gilmore, Brooks, Goodwin, Easley, Spiller and K Williams all listed as limited participants today. Byrd practiced in full. #Bills

@buffalobills

#Bills WR Stevie Johnson DNP today. Has a low back injury and had a death in his family.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I'll say this, EJ to me has not been consistent enough or explosive enough to make me feel Thaddeus Lewis can't maintain EJ's level of QB play. So if he can play QB at a mediocre level (like EJ has been playing)...then we have a good shot to beat the Bengals. This will be like the Ravens game. CInci will move the ball through the air. If we can get a couple INT's, it will change the whole complexion. If Thad can hold the fort, not turn it over, and make a few plays here and there...we have a great chance.

Really hurts that SJ couldn't practice, he and Thad need all the timing work they can get. Worse that he had the death in his family, obviously. Good news about the rest of the hopeful returns. Finally getting the team back in order (except for QB of course).

Bills' Marrone optimistic on Gilmore's Sunday chances: http://www.wgr550.com/pages/17489165.php?contentType=4&contentId=13953837

Looking forward to seeing the secondary with the full complement of players

Bills have been facing 8 man fronts all year and still are among the best in the NFL in rushing yards. Not worried.

Haven't faced Geno Atkins yet...LG really concerns me.

The key matchup is Thad Lewis going up against a defense that limited Brady to 6 points.

This. Duke QB vs. NFL defense. This shouldn't go well. But hey, we thought the Ravens game was a lost cause too. Its all about turnover ratio and short fields on offense and defense. Matchups smatchups, show me the turnover ratio and average drive start winner and I'll show you the winner of the game 3 out of 4 times.

17-10 Bills

This. Duke QB vs. NFL defense. This shouldn't go well. But hey, we thought the Ravens game was a lost cause too. Its all about turnover ratio and short fields on offense and defense. Matchups smatchups, show me the turnover ratio and average drive start winner and I'll show you the winner of the game 3 out of 4 times.

Of course the Bengals should win this game. However, they lost to the Browns at home. The only difference between Thad and the Browns QB that played that game is that Thad was on the PS (we all know he should have been the active one) and their QB had started and won one game already. Prior to that, he had done nothing, anywhere, including college. Just sayin.

We put up 350+ rush yards against the #3 and #4 run defenses. We will run and run well, this much I am sure of.

Cincinnati doesn't scare me...at all

In all in on EJ as the guy, however he has not impressed in his reads on read option plays. Now it certainly may have been the playcall to fake read option and really not have EJ take no matter what the end does.... however Thad appears quite good at it if they really execute a read option play.

Could be an extra challenge for cincy that steals the bills a W.