bikers vs. range rover...guess who wins!

boyst

http://youtube.com/watch?v=INfElroIKO0

This ismwhyni can't stand 99% of motorcycle riders. They were all over the road and the guy caused the accident but he is the first to whine motorcycles are everywhere. People say the RR should have moved? Maybe but he didn't have to and where would he move? Why didn't he call 911 while being chased...?

If it was me and I was in my truck...it'd have got ugly. It'd have been pin ball and I'd have one heck of a high score.

Edited by jboyst62

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd seen this a few days ago.

I've driven that area where he gets stuck in traffic and there is a police station just about three blocks away. He also drove right by a Transit Authority bus station also. So maybe he was trying to get to the police station?

And it turns out there was an undercover cop in that motorcycle group...

http://nypost.com/20...ikers-beat-dad/

better article

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Biker-Brawl-Suspect-Assault-Surrender-226419411.html

"Start seeing motorcycles."

That has gotta be one of the biggest BS campaigns ever! How does one START seeing something that they can't see. You can't just will it. It is just crazy the things you see bikes do! I guess he saw this gang of thugs!

I read about this story a few days back. Now the wife of the biker who got paralyzed is whining and crying.

Gotta say, I have to side w/the Range Rover here... And there was a wife and child in the vehicle too... The car was obviously threatened.

This is where the Range Rover should have had a gun... YES, you heard it from me!

I'd seen this a few days ago.

I've driven that area where he gets stuck in traffic and there is a police station just about three blocks away. He also drove right by a Transit Authority bus station also. So maybe he was trying to get to the police station?

And it turns out there was an undercover cop in that motorcycle group...

http://nypost.com/20...ikers-beat-dad/

better article

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Biker-Brawl-Suspect-Assault-Surrender-226419411.html

The biker who caused the whole melee didn't even have a valid license... How many other laws were they breaking, like riding three abreast in a lane...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

More bikers than not ( harleys and crotch rockets) act like douchehags on the road

Yep. Best-case scenario: they're annoying. Worst-case scenario: they're extremely dangerous.

More bikers than not ( harleys and crotch rockets) act people act like douchehags on the road

I don't ride motorcycles but I find that statement hard to believe. I would say the douchebags are a vast minority to responsible riders.

See above

I heard this news story, the wife called 911 five times and it didn't go well apparently. Also 5 off duty NYPD officers were riding with them! Why didn't they intervene here? I'd sue them as well. Most riders are responsible, this group acted like a gang of thugs. They all should be charged and sued.

I don't ride motorcycles but I find that statement hard to believe. I would say the douchebags are a vast minority to responsible riders.

I constantly see crotch rockets driving extremely aggressive and wrecklessly. Speeding, wheelies in traffic weaving between lanes, etc...

More the Harley type think their obnoxious loud pipes are sweet (which they aren't) and loud pipes don't save lives contrary to what they think. Typically I see a lot of these guys riding 2 to 3 wide blocking lanes , erratic lane changes with no signaling etc...

Don't get me wrong not all bike riders are tools there are plenty though. But I do get frusterated when I see a motorcycle riding responsibly and an idiot driving a car and texting is driving 10 feet behind a biker. So it does go both ways

The only biker types I consistently see driving well are the Canadians on like BMW touring bikes hauling little trailers or guys riding basic Harley / Honda cruiser type bikes with all the factory parts still on

But its just a pet peeve of mine that all the bikers are always yelling at cars to watch out but at the same time so many bikers drive so wrecklessly and irresponsibly

Unfortunately not just bikers drive irresponsibly It drives me crazy seeing people swerving all over the road, texting, blindly following their GPS, putting on makeup, etc...oblivious to what is going on around them. no situational awareness

Don't get me started on mini vans

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

Side with the RR 100%. Just like JBoyst, if that was me, I'm playing pinball and wouldn't let anyone walk away from that chase.

As it is, the man that might be paralyzed. Sorry to hear but that's the chance you take when getting off your bike or even stopping in such a situation. Of he doesn't know the people doing the kicking, stabbing of tires, and braking of mirrors, then chances are he's not going to change their minds. He should know better being with such unruly people. And what's with not having a license? Or not being allowed to get one until 2017 in his home state? Chances are he's no angel.

The ones that smashed the windows and drug him out of the car. It was pretty much wrong place at the wrong time for the RR. The driver doesn't realize before all this started that some convicts might be in the group of unruly riders. With a group of do many bikers, you've got to be thinking about such things. I guess maybe its just the line of work that I'm in, but in always defensively thinking about these things. Watching my back at all times. I guess there are some people in this world that think everyone means to do good and abides by the law at all times. I don't.

With that said, I hope the guys that ripped the driver out of his car are hit hard. I hope the undercover cop loses his job, and I hope the guy isn't paralyzed but doesn't make a dime in any lawsuit. Actually, I hope the driver of the RR has a case considering the article said they tried to call the police using 911 up to four times.

Side with the RR 100%. Just like JBoyst, if that was me, I'm playing pinball and wouldn't let anyone walk away from that chase.

As it is, the man that might be paralyzed. Sorry to hear but that's the chance you take when getting off your bike or even stopping in such a situation. Of he doesn't know the people doing the kicking, stabbing of tires, and braking of mirrors, then chances are he's not going to change their minds. He should know better being with such unruly people. And what's with not having a license? Or not being allowed to get one until 2017 in his home state? Chances are he's no angel.

The ones that smashed the windows and drug him out of the car. It was pretty much wrong place at the wrong time for the RR. The driver doesn't realize before all this started that some convicts might be in the group of unruly riders. With a group of do many bikers, you've got to be thinking about such things. I guess maybe its just the line of work that I'm in, but in always defensively thinking about these things. Watching my back at all times. I guess there are some people in this world that think everyone means to do good and abides by the law at all times. I don't.

With that said, I hope the guys that ripped the driver out of his car are hit hard. I hope the undercover cop loses his job, and I hope the guy isn't paralyzed but doesn't make a dime in any lawsuit. Actually, I hope the driver of the RR has a case considering the article said they tried to call the police using 911 up to four times.

It isn't that I'd just want to paint the streets red... I would not want them to get anywhere near my family. I can handle myself. There was too much of a chance getting in a place where you would be immobilized.

Of course, I would be on the phone with 911 and tell them I am headed XYZ and to intercept me. I would say I was involved in an accident and immediately surrounded by hostile bikers and did not feel safe waiting for police - as the law would require.

It isn't that I'd just want to paint the streets red... I would not want them to get anywhere near my family. I can handle myself. There was too much of a chance getting in a place where you would be immobilized.

Of course, I would be on the phone with 911 and tell them I am headed XYZ and to intercept me. I would say I was involved in an accident and immediately surrounded by hostile bikers and did not feel safe waiting for police - as the law would require.

thats exactly what I'm saying. You hit it. As far as I'm concerned, I can take care of myself. That group of riders doesn't bother me. Getting beaten doesn't bother me in that situation. But my wife and child in danger? You better believe I will kill every last one of them before they are hurt.

Honestly, in very surprised none of the bikers pulled out a pistol. I would almost put money on it that someone had one.

They need to hold on before suing anyone - it might be a bigger prize if they can get charges on all of the bikers vs. just the RR.

They need to drop the lawsuit. It's unfortunate what happened to the guy, but the guy has no case IMHO. He was part of a group terrorizing the RR. No matter if he was trying to diffuse the situation. wrong place wrong time. The RR was fleeing for his life. If I was a juror on that case I would not award any money.

Just saw some more video of this group, they were more than 100 bikers terrorizing many parts of the city, over 200 911 calls prior to this incident. Where were the police prior to this? The RR should sue the city for incompetence to protect its citizens.

They need to drop the lawsuit. It's unfortunate what happened to the guy, but the guy has no case IMHO. He was part of a group terrorizing the RR. No matter if he was trying to diffuse the situation. wrong place wrong time. The RR was fleeing for his life. If I was a juror on that case I would not award any money.

Just saw some more video of this group, they were more than 100 bikers terrorizing many parts of the city, over 200 911 calls prior to this incident. Where were the police prior to this? The RR should sue the city for incompetence to protect its citizens.

He will get a settlement. Allred never goes to court. She pressures the people publicly and campaigns until people cave. In this case the guys insurance will cave whether he likes it or not.

They need to hold on before suing anyone - it might be a bigger prize if they can get charges on all of the bikers vs. just the RR.

It's just Gloria. The RR driver is an internet company executive, so she jumped in thinking of all the $$$ she'll make.