1. 1. Do you want him?

• yes
    • no
    • give tuel another go

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Raiders have been an obvious landing spot for Freeman as current Raiders' offensive coordinator Greg Olson was Freeman's offensive coordinator in Tampa Bay for the troubled quarterback's first three years in the NFL. " Makes sense to ALF

I!ve said this before, but David Carr might be the best available. Freeman is a retred that the other 31 teams don!t want for various reasons. Carr really has no negative body of work for years as a backup to Eli Manning in NY.

Manning is like a god there, and no matter how many pics he throws this year (leading the league), he will never go to the bench as his 2 Super Bowl wins gets him a lifetime of immunity with the Giants.

I!ve said this before, but David Carr might be the best available. Freeman is a retred that the other 31 teams don!t want for various reasons. Carr really has no negative body of work for years as a backup to Eli Manning in NY.

Manning is like a god there, and no matter how many pics he throws this year (leading the league), he will never go to the bench as his 2 Super Bowl wins gets him a lifetime of immunity with the Giants.

I don't think that it is fair to say that teams don't want him. He is not great but he is by MILES the best QB available. Does he want to come here and play for a month or two? Is he better trying to find his next job now? That's what he is debating...

How is Freeman a retred but Carr isn't?

I don't see how you can say the other 31 teams don't want him when its obvious there is interest and he will sign soon maybe even by the Bills

WalterFootball is one of the last places I would go to find "inside information"

Well, there's that also.

"The Raiders have been an obvious landing spot for Freeman as current Raiders' offensive coordinator Greg Olson was Freeman's offensive coordinator in Tampa Bay for the troubled quarterback's first three years in the NFL. " Makes sense to ALF

Makes sense to a lot of people but "makes sense" not.equal.to "imminent deal"

Edit: if I were Freeman and had choices, I would look very carefully at the quality of the OL play at my potential landing spots.

He would be better off sitting out the rest of the season and looking to redeem himself with help from an off-season of preparation than get kilt behind a crap OL.

Edited by Hopeful

Do anyone know when the Bills will resume practice? Reports are that Freeman will choose team this weekend.

Looks like Pat White is the backup plan if Freeman picks Oakland. Bills bringing White in for a workout as per NFL.com

Love the fact that the Bills are exacting their "due diligence"

Do anyone know when the Bills will resume practice? Reports are that Freeman will choose team this weekend.

Love the fact that the Bills are exacting their "due diligence"

Monday

According to Schefter, the Bills are talking to Freeman:

http://espn.go.com/n...xon-source-says

@JasonLaCanfora

Bills working out 2 QBs Sun and monitoring Freeman situation (though doesn't sound like Josh heading there): http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24024224/with-qb-ej-manuel-out-bills-to-look-at-pat-white-dennis-dixon …

The thing that gets me is if Freeman is so good, why is he available? You don't see Tom Brady or Peyton Manning sitting at home waiting for a phone call. We started the season with Kolb, Manual, and Tuel for a reason. Start Tuel next week and promote Thad Lewis to backup. Otherwise, why the hell are they signed?

Everyone take a nap today so we can stay up for the late game tonight and cheer on the Raiders! Hopefully Pryor throws for 300 and runs for 100 and solidifies his job as the starter. Then maybe we will have a shot at Freeman