Did the bills just become the new landing spot for Josh Freeman

263 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want him?

• yes
    • no
    • give tuel another go

He's going to choose a spot where he might end up winning a starting role. It's not going to happen with the Bills. If he's going to go to a place with an entrenched starter I'd imagine he'd pick a winning club. We'll see how this plays out but I seriously doubt the Bills land Freeman.

You win a starting role by playing. There's just not many teams that have an opening. Oakland is the assumed favorite because of Greg Olson, but if EJ has an injury that's going to keep him out awhile I'd be pretty shocked if he doesn't end up a Bill tomorrow. Remember when EJ and Sanchez went down in pre-season and we were both scrambling trying to get on the phone with Lienert and Beck? That was the best available. Freeman is basically Peyton Manning comparatively.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully EJ's injury isn't bad enough to require this. He was moving around and testing it shortly after the play so I don't think it will put him out for too long and also he's got a long week to prepare for the next game.

I'm thinking we still need a back up in case this happens again

pretty sure freeman wants to be a starter

Freeman isn't in position to be choosy. Tampa just shopped him around the league and nobody bit. If he wants a job, he'll have to sign with a team whose backup is lousy or sign with a team whose starter is injured. Buffalo fits both categories.

Edited by Heisenberg

Freeman is going to want a multi year deal which I doubt the Bills would offer him and I doubt he'd want to come be EJ's backup. As much as the Bills might want Freeman for this year I doubt we're an attractive landing spot for him.

Yes. This is my exact thought! He can find a better landing spot than us that will give him a long term shot. That's not here. EJ is the way forward.

I would kick the tires but people are being way too hard on Tuel who admittedly looked bad. Very hard situation for any QB though. But I do think he would be better on the PS. I thought that before today though but there wasn't much available. We could use a quality back up and Freeman is available so why not?

I might also address the punting situation, that wasn't acceptable today either.

Do we really want the drama? We need a solid vet. Unfortunately there are not that many out there right now. Maybe David Carr or Pat White, someone who would know their role. But gives us a fighting chance to win a game.

If freeman was our backup this game wass ours. EJ seems fragile at this point, he takes way to many unnecessary hits.

Yes that's right he unnecessarily got hit out of bounds by a guy that purposely went low and got called for a penalty.

Yes I want the drama. Seriously this team is on the verge of missing the playoffs 14 years in a row and we have no QB to backup Manuel. Manuel hasn't looked that great himself and Freeman has acutally had some pretty good success in this league. Over 4000 yards 27 TD's and 17 INT's last year with a coach who hates him. This team is good QB away from being a playoff team. Get a !@#$ing QB and don't worry about the drama, for !@#$ing serious.

Bucs owe him 6.2 million this year. Greg Olson, Oakland's offensive coordinator was his in Tampa. I bet he will sign with the Raiders and they dump Flynn.

Alright, so I'll take Flynn then. Something needs to be done. I am pretty sure EJ will play in the next game, but this should be a wake up call to the Bills that their lack of depth at QB is now directly costing them games.

I'm going to say no.

He has a choice on where he goes, because he is getting a paycheck from TB. He will want to go somewhere where he knows he can become a starter. The Bills are invested in EJ, he's there guy. He'd be more likely to go to Cleveland, where he could become the starter when Weeden falters. Or maybe even Jacksonville. Oakland is another possibility because his old OC is there.

Edited by Wayne Cubed