Scouting the Cleveland Browns

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Browns fans seem pretty sure they have the better team. They don't seem to know much about our team though, which kinda surprises me(saw a lot of Browns fans commute to Buffalo when their team moved away). One brought up not being worried about Stevie because of their top CB, but no mention of Woods or Chandler. I think they will be surprised by our offense. The Bills offense has been improving every week. I'm sure the running game will struggle(I think Summers may get more involved so maybe not). It's going to be interesting, though. I just can't seem to bring myself to fear them though.

One thing that really is going to catch that team off guard is our awesome defense. Somehow I think the Browns D takes a back seat to the Bills D. I almost feel sorry for them. Used to love that team back when Bernie K was leading them and really felt their pain when the team left. OK. not so much...we win, I won't be crying for them.

Edited by Rockinon

Here in the Jamestown area, there are significant factions of Bills, Browns and Steelers supporters. Two of this group of three is not like the other (Ralph mucked it up when he passed on a dvisional realignment which would have included these two .) Browns/Bills fans have suffered a parallel NFL existence. Most are too young to have seen their championship teams and they've seen their team either be mediocre to pathetic most years or ultimately disappointing those few seasons when they were actually elite.

It's hard to hate fans that have actually lived our worst nightmare. We know them very well, both the good and the bad, because we have suffered through much the same fandom experience. There is no other group of fans more like us than them.

I am not scared of the Browns offense. They cannot handle a strong defense. If the Bills continue to play D the way they have to this point, Cleveland won't put more than few measly pts on the board. The real question is how will our offense match up on the road against a good defense. I think the pressure is all on the Browns. All the Bills have to do is stay focused and we walk away with a solid win.

We thought the same thing about the Jets, and Geno, yes! Geno Smith carved us up ..... well, carved up Justin Rodgers.

But I tend to have the same thoughts, how can Hoyer scare us? But, beware, he is an NFL quarterback. I think the BIlls D going to more zone coverage last week was a huge plus, I hope they stay with it this week against the weak armed and inconsistent Hoyer.

We thought the same thing about the Jets, and Geno, yes! Geno Smith carved us up ..... well, carved up Justin Rodgers.

But I tend to have the same thoughts, how can Hoyer scare us? But, beware, he is an NFL quarterback. I think the BIlls D going to more zone coverage last week was a huge plus, I hope they stay with it this week against the weak armed and inconsistent Hoyer.

Geno>Hoyer. My opinion only. Plus the Bills weren't prepared for McK to be out whereas they are going into this game knowing what they have on D. As I have said over and over, I will NEVER be surprised to see the Bills lose, to anyone, or to be lit up by a QB that has no business doing so. But as I said before, Hoyer would not be starting for any other NFL team.

They beat the Bengals last week at home so Im worried they stop us also. The Browns seem to give us drama in previous meetings, it should be another close game. Im going with the Bills despite my doubt. Bills 23 to Browns 20. Even if Spiller is a no go or barely used. I think Choice is a good 3rd stringer and can pound with Summers smashing people. Also maybe we might finally see ONE screen play thrown?? Browns wont be ready for our screen plays?? Woods another solid game. On defense Kyle Williams cleans up cause their worried about Darues and Mario. Our DBs did good last week, I expect lots of pressure coming at the Browns offensive line. LETS GO BUFFALO!!

They beat the Bengals last week at home so Im worried they stop us also. The Browns seem to give us drama in previous meetings, it should be another close game. Im going with the Bills despite my doubt. Bills 23 to Browns 20. Even if Spiller is a no go or barely used. I think Choice is a good 3rd stringer and can pound with Summers smashing people. Also maybe we might finally see ONE screen play thrown?? Browns wont be ready for our screen plays?? Woods another solid game. On defense Kyle Williams cleans up cause their worried about Darues and Mario. Our DBs did good last week, I expect lots of pressure coming at the Browns offensive line. LETS GO BUFFALO!!

I'm not confident about this game at all, but I wouldn't use that Bengals game as indicator. The Bengals are not very good.

The Bills D will have two weeks of film on what Hoyer's offense does. It doesn't really have an identity yet - they have a talented TE and WR but both players are still rather raw and they have players plugged in everywhere else, and the OL has struggled. I think the Bills will focus a lot on the passing game. The Browns may prove otherwise, but last week may have had more to do with the Bengals than it did the Browns. I have no idea who will win this game but it is winnable for both, I lean toward the Bills on talent alone.

Week 5 vs Cleveland Browns

You jack Cameron up enough with 2 players in the first 5 yards and he will be a non-factor in the red-zone. Up until the red-zone, a CB with a safety shadow should

do the trick.

HI Microscopes, great post. Hope you're right here

This throw reminded me a bit of an EJ Manuel throw (agains the Jets). He led his receiver... about 15 feet out of bounds.

The Tell...one just can not resist The Tell. This was an article on scouting the Browns, yes? Did I miss a left turn?

GO BILLS!

Got to agree with this GO BILLS!

I'm not confident about this game at all, but I wouldn't use that Bengals game as indicator. The Bengals are not very good.

You know, that's one of the mysteries of NFL life to me. They made the Packers look bad, really bad.

Are the Packers really really bad? Or are the Bengals like the Bills right now, "on" one week (Panthers, Ravens) and "off" the next (Jets)?

LOL at the Browns fan and Bills fan arguing about who had more AFL titles. Classic.

Especially like the "You are a team that hasn't seen the playoffs since 1999 nor even a .500 season since 2004".

As though a winning season in 2007 and a playoff/winning season in 2002 is just so much better.

Poor sods, your team has been stuck in a pit of suckitude centered on the House of Sadness even as ours has been mired on a mesa of mediocrity with forays into a forest of failure.

May both our fortunes change.....since by your account we're worse, you can take your turn on Friday though.

they are going to go after the secondary with Gordon and the kid. we shall see how Hoyer stands up to Pettine. but if he can get comfortable we are just too beat up. especially at corner. they wont make the mistake the Ravens made because Willis and Company could/should give them opportunities to pass.

Another very interesting game .

Marrone is friends with Chudzinski and knows Hortons leanings.

Hmmm...

should be great game for us fans !