Lets say the Bills did not want to draft a QB in 2013.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OG Kyle long or FS Eric Reid

edit: this is with still trading down to 16...but if I wasn't taking E.J. at 16 I would have pulled that second trade ppl are saying Buffalo was offered and still grabbed Kiko and Woods in rd 2..and if E.J was still there in rd 2 I'd grab him there.

Edited by Tsaikotic

I would have still have liked to have traded back to 16, but just hypothetically we'll say we don't, I was still looking at DT Star Latoulilei (sp), WR Patterson, or LB Ogletree. Obviously just judging by very early results, I would have been wrong in these selections, as our scheme alone has made it somewhat unnecessary to take a 1st rd. DT, even though the run defense is still not great. Our original 2 2nd rounders Woods and Alonso are both out producing at a position I would have chosen different people in in the 1st rd. Shows why I'm certainly not a scout or GM. The only other player I would have been really excited about would have been Milliner. You can't account for losing our top 3 CB's, as we already had Gilmore and I was a Leodis fan, but I didn't realize how good McKelvin would be with a sound pass rush in front of him. So yes, Milliner would help right now, maybe even win the Jets game, but early reviews out of the swamp have Rex not fully on board with him, so he doesn't appear to be quite the plug-and-play player that Gilmore ended up being.

So long post short, whoever I chose would have been worse than the way the Bills handled the 1st round which set up the 2nd round of getting both Alonso and Woods.

• 3 weeks later...

Is the point of the post to point out how good of a pick EJ Manuel was in retrospect ?

Because there is no one at the bottom of the 1st that is looking like a no brainer.

If it's not intended to do that it does a good job of doing that.