Tickets left for Bengals game

CodeMonkey

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still find it hard to believe that fans are giving up this early in the year. Howard Simon tweeted something about it this morning. Nice day outside, the team is still 2-3, have some exciting players, etc and we can't sell out? it's kinda discouraging.

Win or lose, there is NOTHING like the excitement of seeing the game in person! Watching at home pales in comparison.

Totally agree!!

For what it's worth, I'm taking my 11 year old nephew to the game (his first Bills game ever). He's somewhat noncommittal on what his favorite team is right now, but I'm hoping that being a part of a big crowd and (hopefully) seeing an exciting game will help turn him into a diehard Bills fan (like his long-suffering uncle, lol). It didn't help the Bills sell out the game, but I managed to get 50 yard line seats, 25 rows up, on StubHub for less than $100 each. I don't mind paying a premium if it helps keep him away from some of the rowdiness in the endzone or upper deck.

Hope your nephew "gets it" and becomes a Bills fan!

I still find it hard to believe that fans are giving up this early in the year. Howard Simon tweeted something about it this morning. Nice day outside, the team is still 2-3, have some exciting players, etc and we can't sell out? it's kinda discouraging.

totally agree and I get that some fans can't go. My heart is Buffalo all the way and some nice things are happening in the city, especially downtown. But let's be honest. The main reason we still have a NFL team is the fans. Given the last 13 years, it's amazing we go like we do. But guess what the NFL is going to think once we become one of those blackout teams? They're going to think, why do we have a team in Buffalo?

I get this more if it's December. But it's going to be perfect weather. I'd be going if I was in town and I can watch it on TV where I'm at. But fans need to step it up. Especially for the folks that aren't physically able to go.

As someone said earlier...this one is on the fans, plain and simple. The team has done everything it can do. The 3 home games so far have been super exciting. The weather is nice. The defense is intact. Thad Lewis is not replacing Drew Brees or Peyton by any means. He should be able to perform at a level comparable to EJ Manuel....which *should* keep us in the game.

No excuse fans.

totally agree and I get that some fans can't go. My heart is Buffalo all the way and some nice things are happening in the city, especially downtown. But let's be honest. The main reason we still have a NFL team is the fans. Given the last 13 years, it's amazing we go like we do. But guess what the NFL is going to think once we become one of those blackout teams? They're going to think, why do we have a team in Buffalo?

I get this more if it's December. But it's going to be perfect weather. I'd be going if I was in town and I can watch it on TV where I'm at. But fans need to step it up. Especially for the folks that aren't physically able to go.

Couldn't have said it better. December games are a different beast, but we're one game back of .500 and it isn't doom and gloom around here, but the fans do need to step it up. I just don't get it. what are people going to do? Go apple picking or something?

As someone said earlier...this one is on the fans, plain and simple. The team has done everything it can do. The 3 home games so far have been super exciting. The weather is nice. The defense is intact. Thad Lewis is not replacing Drew Brees or Peyton by any means. He should be able to perform at a level comparable to EJ Manuel....which *should* keep us in the game.

No excuse fans.

Yeah - those 3 games were so much fun to be at. Great weather, great communal enthusiasm - I don't see how you can go to that and not want to be part of it again and again.

Couldn't have said it better. December games are a different beast, but we're one game back of .500 and it isn't doom and gloom around here, but the fans do need to step it up. I just don't get it. what are people going to do? Go apple picking or something?

Well in fairness, apple picking is amazing!!!! :oops:

No excuse fans.

What about those of us who have to decide whether we can eat next week or go to the game?

What about those of us who have to decide whether we can eat next week or go to the game?

Really? then i'm not talking about you....or the 80+ year old infirmed crowd. There is still a huge population of able bodied and well fed people that can buy a ticket.

No excuse fans.

I agree, in fact Lewis likely will have a better completion percentage than Manuel, but can he put points on the board is the question...

Don't see us dropping off much offensively, potentially getting better actually....

as according to PFF, our total offensive grade is one of the worst in the NFL...defense is top 12 in NFL...

That number proves that Ticketmaster (and other ticket sites) cannot be used to gauge remaining tickets.

Ticketmaster shows the actual seats that are unsold. There is no way there are 5300 tickets left. I am quite sure the Bills inflated the number to try and get people off the fence if they are thinking of going. More tickets left equeals less likely to be on TV. They probably have the white knight lined up for tomorrow but want to get the number they have to buy as low as possible (obviously).

I agree, in fact Lewis likely will have a better completion percentage than Manuel, but can he put points on the board is the question...

Don't see us dropping off much offensively, potentially getting better actually....

as according to PFF, our total offensive grade is one of the worst in the NFL...defense is top 12 in NFL...

Yeah, i agree. I mean i like EJ and his potential but he's led the offense on bunches of 3 and outs...and let's not forget the INT and strip fumble on 2 of the final 3 drives vs. Carolina. The Jets game was horrendous. But then you see a throw like the one to Robert Woods in the Baltimore game and you realize he's got all the tools. I think Thaddeus can do OK, Tuel woulda' been lousy imo.

Anyway, getting sidetracked. Go to the game people.