The overturned calls?

bbb

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot about that one, to be honest. I'm not sure what Leonard could have done differently there. Judgement call that I personally wouldn't have made.

"He is supposed to let the WR catch the ball and run for a TD in order to achieve higher TV ratings" Rodger Goodell.

Mark me down for believing that they got both calls correct. It was killing me to admit it at the time, but both ended up the way they should have been. Actually come to think of it all three, in addition to the ones mentioned the incomplete pass that Leonhard recovered the fumble on.

Edited by Dr. Fong

It's the Megatron rule. He has to control the ball through the end of the play. He didn't.

Megatron lost the ball at the end. Woods had it in 1hand and dropped it on purpose to jump in the stands the same way David Nelson did on the game winner vs Oakland a couple yrs ago. Whether the slight shifting of the ball before that qualifies as losing control and being conclusive that it does is something that would probably be interpreted differently by different refs. Not an egregiously bad call but I think it's generally about a 35% shot that gets reversed against the home team. Meh.

The way I look at it: if you need 43 replays (which is about how many I think they showed of the first review, of the incomplete pass that was initially ruled a fumble) to determine that conclusive evidence exists to overturn...then by definition it is inconclusive. Felt to me like Bogar was looking hard for any possible shred that would overturn what he probably, in his heart, thought was a blown on-field call.

All three were correct calls. The only unknown is how many of those calls would have gone against the bills if they were the other way around. I say one, maybe two.

And if New England were the opponent? All three.

not specifically the replays but this was a horrible job of officiating all day. Jerome Bogar's crews is always 1-2 in penalty flags throw the last couple season and they are off to a good start this year, On the replay Woods is a toss up ive seen that one ruled good and I've seen it called no good. I thought the Ravens wide receiver was inconclusive on the fumble- Chandler didnt get the feet in. Is the rule on replay to see evidence to over turn it or to get the call right? Bogar took a lot of liberties into what "probably" happened. Did anyone else notice the Ravens guards rocking on the bills encroachment calls in the 4th qtr- both of them both times?

Chandler call was correct, Woods call was not.

I don't see why anyone would think that was a catch. If he had control of the ball when it hit his hands, sure, he got two feet in. But he never gained total control of the ball until his second foot went down. So he only had one in when he caught it. I didnt even think it was close. Just because the ball is on your jersey or you have a hand on it doesnt mean you have possession. He didnt have possession until about a second after it hit his hands.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I don't see why anyone would think that was a catch. If he had control of the ball when it hit his hands, sure, he got two feet in. But he never gained total control of the ball until his second foot went down. So he only had one in when he caught it. I didnt even think it was close. Just because the ball is on your jersey or you have a hand on it doesnt mean you have possession. He didnt have possession until about a second after it hit his hands.

You need to have control of the ball for it to be possession, not necessarily have 2 hands on it. He had it pinned securely against his shoulder with both feet in-bounds and then put his other hand on it when he was out of bounds.