The overturned calls?

bbb

Just back from the game and again forgot to DVR.

In the stands, all those calls that got overturned against the Bills seemed inconclusive at best.........What was the consensus here, and on TV? Wasn't it three that got overturned? I can't remember the first one, but the Chandler first down and the Woods touchdown looked good to everybody where we were sitting. And, there certainly didn't look to be enough evidence to overturn.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from the game and again forgot to DVR.

In the stands, all those calls that got overturned against the Bills seemed inconclusive at best.........What was the consensus here, and on TV? Wasn't it three that got overturned? I can't remember the first one, but the Chandler first down and the Woods touchdown looked good to everybody where we were sitting. And, there certainly didn't look to be enough evidence to overturn.

They were all called correctly, Chandler call especially. Chandler's second foot never touched turf. Woods didn't keep possession.

Looking at the replays, the following is evident:

1. On Chandler's sideline first down, his first foot came down in bounds, but the second foot came down on top of the first. Therefore, he did not get two feet down in bounds.

2. On Woods' touchdown, he juggled the ball and did not gain control of it until the first foot down in bounds had left the ground, only getting one foot down once the ball was under his control.

Man, you definitely get a biased opinion in the stands, LOL.........I thought Woods had the ball, kind of Tyree style. It didn't seem to move.........We thought Chandler's butt even landed before a 2nd foot had to.

Oh well - then what was said about the call on Leonard? That didn't seem to be anything but a good tackle when they showed the replay.

Man, you definitely get a biased opinion in the stands, LOL.........I thought Woods had the ball, kind of Tyree style. It didn't seem to move.........We thought Chandler's butt even landed before a 2nd foot had to.

Oh well - then what was said about the call on Leonard? That didn't seem to be anything but a good tackle when they showed the replay.

The Ravens' receiver never had complete control of the football - it was moving the entire time. I think they got that call correct as well. It would have been nice to see one of them ruled "inconclusive", simply because the BILLS always seem to be on the short end of those kinds of things but that's just me being a homer.

The only real gripe I had with the officiating today was the second holding call on Woody. That was a terrible call.

Hey, we WON!

The Ravens' receiver never had complete control of the football - it was moving the entire time. I think they got that call correct as well. It would have been nice to see one of them ruled "inconclusive", simply because the BILLS always seem to be on the short end of those kinds of things but that's just me being a homer.

The only real gripe I had with the officiating today was the second holding call on Woody. That was a terrible call.

Hey, we WON!

That's what I kept saying - that some should at least be inclusive.

I thought the same as MattM about the Woods call.

I'm talking about the Leonard call when he got called for unsportsmanlike or something. Seemed to me like he made the perfect play and avoided the head, etc. That was a huge call.

I disagree with most of you on the TD called back. Looked to me like he initially had it trapped against his shoulder, which to me should count as a TD. I agree on the Chandler call being correct....

Have to control it the whole way and when the ravens defender hacked it, the ball moved and he essentially had to double clutch it - by the time it stopped moving his "first foot" had already come up

Calls were correct. I thought they may have said Chandler's calf hit the ground before he was out. Definately did not get second foot down. If Woods holds onto ball instead of dropping it at the wall maybe they give it to him.

Phantom holding call on Wood was really bad. Personal foul on Leonhard was questionable though they let Seacy get away with a defenseless reciver call. He hit with his shoulder but my hunch is he gets a small fine.

The rest of the calls were correct. Including Kiko's second INT.

Hey, we WON!

We got the Kiko interception call, so I'll take it.

I think they NFL needs to change their catch rule. Both the Woods TD and the Fumble that Leonard recovered, are catches in every facet of life except the NFL.

Woods caught the ball, then the D player punched the ball forcing it to move in his grasp, BUT HE NEVER EVEN REMOTELY LOST CONTROL. But since it moved, it is considered that they don't have complete control. Woods had complete control of that football. I think the rule needs to be changed to reflect that. The Fumble that wasn't was very similar, the guy caught the ball, turned up field, tucked the ball and ducked his head. He had the ball, he had it controlled, but it was getting forced out by a defender at the same time he was getting his two feet down. Neither player lost the ball before getting their 2nd foot down.

The way they call it these days, a WR can't even switch hands with the football too quickly after catching it bc it will be ruled he never had complete control. I think the rule needs to be changed.

Edited by peterpan

Calls were correct. I thought they may have said Chandler's calf hit the ground before he was out. Definately did not get second foot down. If Woods holds onto ball instead of dropping it at the wall maybe they give it to him.

Phantom holding call on Wood was really bad. Personal foul on Leonhard was questionable though they let Seacy get away with a defenseless reciver call. He hit with his shoulder but my hunch is he gets a small fine.

The rest of the calls were correct. Including Kiko's second INT.

This was my assessment as well.

I'm talking about the Leonard call when he got called for unsportsmanlike or something. Seemed to me like he made the perfect play and avoided the head, etc. That was a huge call.

Forgot about that one, to be honest. I'm not sure what Leonard could have done differently there. Judgement call that I personally wouldn't have made.