The overturned calls?

bbb

It went from one hand to the other before he had possession or control. In that time, it went from two feet in to one foot in. He didnt have control at all for some time after it hit his hands. I agree you dont have to have two hands on it for control or possession. But he didnt have either for more than one step.

I can see how you and others and the refs called that a noncatch. But, for me, that's exactly what I saw. He shifted the ball from his right to his left to avoid the DB knocking it out. But, he never bobbled it. He never didn't have control. In fact, being able to repostion the ball from one hand to the other would seem to indicate he had control of it. Did the ball move? Yes. But, because ...he moved it. I just don't see how you can catch a ball and move it away from a defender without the ball moving and without having control of it.

On the Leonard play... I thought the call was because it was a head to head hit? Am I thinking of a different play? Granted, I think its a BS call that gets called all the time. The defender can't control if the guy lowers his head to brace for a hit and that causes thieirnheads to hit. But that's the NFL we live with now, unfortunately.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they NFL needs to change their catch rule. Both the Woods TD and the Fumble that Leonard recovered, are catches in every facet of life except the NFL.

Woods caught the ball, then the D player punched the ball forcing it to move in his grasp, BUT HE NEVER EVEN REMOTELY LOST CONTROL. But since it moved, it is considered that they don't have complete control. Woods had complete control of that football. I think the rule needs to be changed to reflect that. The Fumble that wasn't was very similar, the guy caught the ball, turned up field, tucked the ball and ducked his head. He had the ball, he had it controlled, but it was getting forced out by a defender at the same time he was getting his two feet down. Neither player lost the ball before getting their 2nd foot down.

The way they call it these days, a WR can't even switch hands with the football too quickly after catching it bc it will be ruled he never had complete control. I think the rule needs to be changed.

The way the rules are about catches these days is just bad. Thing were different and better a few years ago.

I can see how you and others and the refs called that a noncatch. But, for me, that's exactly what I saw. He shifted the ball from his right to his left to avoid the DB knocking it out. But, he never bobbled it. He never didn't have control. In fact, being able to repostion the ball from one hand to the other would seem to indicate he had control of it. Did the ball move? Yes. But, because ...he moved it. I just don't see how you can catch a ball and move it away from a defender without the ball moving and without having control of it.

On the Leonard play... I thought the call was because it was a head to head hit? Am I thinking of a different play? Granted, I think its a BS call that gets called all the time. The defender can't control if the guy lowers his head to brace for a hit and that causes thieirnheads to hit. But that's the NFL we live with now, unfortunately.

I thought he had control the whole time, too. I never saw a loss of control.

As for the Leonard play, when they showed the replay on the scoreboard, it looked like it was shoulder to shoulder. No heads involved..........He lined him up perfectly. You could see it coming, and the flag, from miles away............It looked like it was probably helmet to helmet but it wasn't. These things are too fast to really see for the refs.