Fred Jackson slight MCL sprain

GoBills!

it's been said before and i am sure it'll be said again...this man has a heart that the grinch would be jealous of. after it grew ten sizes that day. fred jackson has a true warrior's soul. so glad he is on this team.

I put this on my personal Facebook and I will copy it here because it's relevant:

Just watched Fred's td and the aftermath of it for the first time (saw every drive of the game but this one due to "work", which is another story). First, the guy hits the hole (or lack thereof) wonderfully and weaves and darts into the end zone, jumps into the stands and almost gets lost in there while getting pummeled by delirious/drunk fans. Awesome. Then CBS shows the PAT and comes back to show FJ slapping up Frank Summers and yelling something, then he begins to nod his head to and I believe sing the shout song. You tell me this guy doesn't love being a Buffalo Bill, that he isn't a Buffalo Bill through and through! How many Bills players ever can you say that about? I'm sure a few, but not many. I want Fred in my foxhole every week and every day of the week.

Edited by Marrone5

wonder if we could take some of freddies heart and transplant it into guys like byrd. BTW he became 3rd in rushing yards for Bills RBs behind only OJ and Thurman. Prettu impressive for a Cole College UDFA

Wonder why someone didn't point that out on tv. Way to go Freddie! Truly impressive.

News article says torn MCL?????

The seventh-year veteran spent a good deal of time in the team’s training room after the game. When he finally emerged, he said he had suffered a torn MCL in his left knee. The same injury ended his 2012 season – to his right knee – but he said that this injury is not as significant

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/week-4/injured-jackson-says-he-will-face-browns-20130929?two-bills-drive

A sprain is a form of partial tear. If it is Grade 1 apparently you can live with it, several players have. But in my opinion if there are any options he should miss the Browns and take the 2 weeks to heal. If it is Grade 2 it is supposed to be 4 weeks or so. The way he described it you'd think Grade 1 (let's hope). I don't have a link, just Google MCL sprain.

A sprain is a form of partial tear. If it is Grade 1 apparently you can live with it, several players have. But in my opinion if there are any options he should miss the Browns and take the 2 weeks to heal. If it is Grade 2 it is supposed to be 4 weeks or so. The way he described it you'd think Grade 1 (let's hope). I don't have a link, just Google MCL sprain.

He is going to want to play Thursday... but will need to be medically cleared and personally I agree that if there is any way he can sit it out that would benefit is greatly in the long term. CJ is going to play, Choice can take his carries. Believe me I want FJ on the field, but don't want to lose him for a longer period of time.

To be perfectly honest I hope the bills are smart and use a healthy dose of Choice....who didn't look bad out their today either......do NOT create a situation where we lose either of these backs for the year because forced them to play injured. LOTS of football left to be played after THurday

Remember last year Choice had a good game vs the Browns. He can play, the Bills have 3 quality RB's.

Back to Fred tho, I bought his jersey, don't even wear it. It's on the wall in a frame.

That's how much I respect him as a player and a person.

I put this on my personal Facebook and I will copy it here because it's relevant:

Just watched Fred's td and the aftermath of it for the first time (saw every drive of the game but this one due to "work", which is another story). First, the guy hits the hole (or lack thereof) wonderfully and weaves and darts into the end zone, jumps into the stands and almost gets lost in there while getting pummeled by delirious/drunk fans. Awesome. Then CBS shows the PAT and comes back to show FJ slapping up Frank Summers and yelling something, then he begins to nod his head to and I believe sing the shout song. You tell me this guy doesn't love being a Buffalo Bill, that he isn't a Buffalo Bill through and through! How many Bills players ever can you say that about? I'm sure a few, but not many. I want Fred in my foxhole every week and every day of the week.

I just hope that we can get in the playoffs at least 1 time while Fred is a Bill... Gives 110% every time he;s on field and even on just the sideline. He is everything a football player should be.

Here;s hoping we can get this guy to see the post-season!

I just hope that we can get in the playoffs at least 1 time while Fred is a Bill... Gives 110% every time he;s on field and even on just the sideline. He is everything a football player should be.

Here;s hoping we can get this guy to see the post-season!

Great comment. I 100% agree.

My favorite memory of Fred is when we were playing and beat NE in 2011 at RWS - and he was singing the Shout song with the crowd, putting his ear to the stands... it just doesn't get any better than that.

To be perfectly honest I hope the bills are smart and use a healthy dose of Choice....who didn't look bad out their today either......do NOT create a situation where we lose either of these backs for the year because forced them to play injured. LOTS of football left to be played after THurday

Although I agree, Choice needs to get his head in the playbook. He looked pretty confused out there. EJ actually made a hand gesture to him that looked like he was saying, ok Choice relax, this is the play. I didn't understand that at all. Choice looked like he wanted to have a conversation while the clock was ticking.